Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Better Sports Town
Dallas 56 67.47%
Houston 13 15.66%
Atlanta 14 16.87%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times

Advertisements

Yeah thats true
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2010, 04:44 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarface713 View Post
They won't ever be in terms of popularity, but both teams aren't far apart at all in talent. Actually, they're pretty equal, in my opinion.
HA....HA.....Very Funny!

Old 05-11-2010, 04:52 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,947,260 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
I think it's going to be hard for California to get another team there.

They already have three NFL teams.
- Chargers (San Deigo)
- Raiders (Oakland)
- 49ers ('Cisco)

I mean LA is a huge market, but if they get a team, other California teams will have a smaller market, and that's not good for like the other three NFL franchise owners in California.
They will get one eventually but it's going to be drastically hard for them.
Florida has the same amount of teams, and has like twenty million less people than California. California can EASILY support four teams, based on its population alone.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
HA....HA.....Very Funny!
How?

Old 05-11-2010, 04:56 PM

3,717 posts, read 8,180,281 times
I really wouldn't care if the Jaguars went to LA. Aslong as the Buccaneers and Dolphins stay.

Old 05-11-2010, 04:57 PM

10,138 posts, read 16,032,687 times
Quote:
Florida has the same amount of teams, and has like twenty million less people than California. California can EASILY support four teams, based on its population alone.
Yeah but Florida, the teams are all designated in different corners of the state.

Jacksonville to the North and East portion of Florida.
Tampa to the Central and West of Florida.
Miami to the South of Florida.

Chargers are really close to LA.

Then again that didn't stop Oakland from getting the Raiders with San Fran being next door, but then again, Oakland is the Professional Sports City in the Bay area, and the two teams serve the media markets for four big cities; Oakland, San Jose, Sacramento, and San Francisco, and all of their suburbs.

Old 05-11-2010, 05:14 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
They won't ever be in terms of popularity, but both teams aren't far apart at all in talent. Actually, they're pretty equal, in my opinion.
No, they are not. The Cowboys have more depth. They have a better quarterback, a better trio of running backs and wide receivers, a better tight end, better oline, better defensive backs, equal front 7 and equal linebackers. The Cowboys are more talented.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
No, they are not. The Cowboys have more depth. They have a better quarterback, a better trio of running backs and wide receivers, a better tight end, better oline, better defensive backs, equal front 7 and equal linebackers. The Cowboys are more talented.
Nope. I'd say Matt Schaub is better than Tony Romo. We saw what he could do with an entire season. Romo is more mobile, and I like that, but Schaub has the much better arm and accuracy. I'll give the Cowboys the better group of running backs. Though, many have said that Ben Tate has the potential to be the rookie of the year this year.

As for wide receivers...uh, who had the number one passing offense in the year last season? Oh that's right, the Texans. Andre Johnson alone is better than any of the Cowboys' WR. Owen Daniels can go up against Jason Witten. I'll give Witten a slight edge, but not by much. Cowboys do have the better O-Line. And linebackers aren't equal. Texans have a slight edge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmShahi View Post
Yeah but Florida, the teams are all designated in different corners of the state.

Jacksonville to the North and East portion of Florida.
Tampa to the Central and West of Florida.
Miami to the South of Florida.

Chargers are really close to LA.

Then again that didn't stop Oakland from getting the Raiders with San Fran being next door, but then again, Oakland is the Professional Sports City in the Bay area, and the two teams serve the media markets for four big cities; Oakland, San Jose, Sacramento, and San Francisco, and all of their suburbs.
But even then, you're talking about two teams in Southern California. That's an area of about 24 million. The size of Texas and larger than Florida. Then, two in Northern California, which has at least 10 million residents.

Old 05-11-2010, 06:20 PM

3,260 posts, read 8,759,681 times
Quote:

How?
It is fuuny because you put the Cowboys and the Texans in the same category!

Old 05-11-2010, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladarron View Post
It is fuuny because you put the Cowboys and the Texans in the same category!
I think they are, talent wise. The Texans were just mentally weak last year and couldn't close out games. They started to get it as the year went on.

Old 05-11-2010, 07:00 PM

20,512 posts, read 33,513,431 times
Quote:
Nope. I'd say Matt Schaub is better than Tony Romo. We saw what he could do with an entire season. Romo is more mobile, and I like that, but Schaub has the much better arm and accuracy.

As for wide receivers...uh, who had the number one passing offense in the year last season? Oh that's right, the Texans. Andre Johnson alone is better than any of the Cowboys' WR. Owen Daniels can go up against Jason Witten. I'll give Witten a slight edge, but not by much. Cowboys do have the better O-Line. And linebackers aren't equal. Texans have a slight edge.
Having the number one passing offense in the year does not mean you are more talented or equal in talent. It means you ran a pass happy system. There is a reason why you were 1st in the league in passing and 29th in the league in running. It's because you were one dimensional. We are much more talented from starting to depth on the offensive side of the ball. Period.

Did you just say that Owen Daniels and his 40 receptions for 519 yards can match up with Jason Witten and his 94 receptions for 1030 yards? That's not equal or even a slight edge. That is a huge advantage to Jason Witten. Also, you're right, the linebackers aren't equal, the Cowboys have a better linebacking corp. We have Anthony Spencer, Demarcus Ware, Keith Brooking, and Bradie James. NO, sorry. You don't compare. I give you Demeco who is great but that's it. Not going to name the cheater that is Brian Cushing.

We also saw what Romo could do an entire season w/o the best receiver many think he has had. And he went on to have a season with 26 touchdowns 9 interceptions for over 4400 yards in what was his best season ever. Schaub has a stronger arm. Romo's accuracy is just as good. But Romo has more instincts. He makes plays and takes risks. Let me know when Schaub can duplicate what Romo did in 2007. While you bring up Ben Tate and I do give you that Andre Johnson is better than any receiver we have. People also believe that Dez Bryant will be the ROY.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City