Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Better Sports Town
Dallas 56 67.47%
Houston 13 15.66%
Atlanta 14 16.87%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 12:57 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,357,654 times

Advertisements

I voted Dallas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 01:05 PM

815 posts, read 2,136,421 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete C View Post
Good post...I should have said that the Falcons have been a hot ticket since Vick arrived. Before that, with the 'Dirty Birds' and everything they had some successful years here and there, but they didn't have that passionate following like they are getting now. Atlanta should eventually get there, but it will take the next generation plus a dose of winning to help that along. The Falcons management is serious about winning, and they will be an establishment. Hawks...I am still not sure. They are hot right now for sure because they are winning. They need to keep it there and build. It seems like they want to win, but man have they made some bonehead moves over the years in the draft.

The Hawks will never be anything more than mediocre as long as Woody is the head coach, and as long as Josh Smith is playing for us. Not to mention but I feel the only way the Hawks can compete in the East in years to come is by getting a big name free agent next summer, and I dont think the Hawks have the money to go after any of the big name free agents that will be available next summer. The Falcons on the other hand I think are on the verge of something special, I really think the Falcons will be the team of the '10 decade.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I got a Uncle from Atlanta and he was telling me how back in the day when the Dallas Cowboys use to come to town the majority of fans where Cowboys fans. I can tell you that a big chunk of metro Atlanta are Cowboys fans. The majority of my relative in the ATL are Cowboys fans. It is crazy listening to Atlanta sports station and they want to talk about the Dallas Cowboys.

In Arizonia now they put a limit on the number of Cowboys fan that can come to the game when Dallas is in town.

Dont know about that one, while there are Cowboy's fans everywhere, and you cannot dispute the Cowboys as one of Footballs greatest teams, Atlanta,.... shoot the whole state of Georgia is very Red and Black for the Falcons. When your uncle was going to Falcons games and seeing mostly Cowboys fans, that was probably years and years ago.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:14 PM

13,384 posts, read 25,732,359 times
Dallas easily. The Dallas Cowboys are the second most profitable Sports Team in the WORLD after the Manchester United.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:14 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Dallas

Old 08-25-2009, 01:28 PM

2,138 posts, read 6,318,345 times
Dallas by far. People there take a lot of pride in their local sports teams.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:35 PM

6 posts, read 4,659 times
Being a good sports town also includes college and HS sports, not just pro sports.

Which city has the most vibrant HS and College sports scene of the 3?

Old 08-25-2009, 01:35 PM

Just to clarify I chose Dallas as well but................

Falcons >>>>>>>>>>>>>Cowboys

Matt "Matty Ice" Ryan>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tony "I forgot how to win after November" Romo

Old 08-25-2009, 01:43 PM

4,775 posts, read 8,836,877 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Just to clarify I chose Dallas as well but................

Falcons >>>>>>>>>>>>>Cowboys

Matt "Matty Ice" Ryan>>>>>>>>>>>>>Tony "I forgot how to win after November" Romo
I think the Boys gone run a little more this year. Felix Jones is back and looking pretty good. We all know Marion Barber a beast. Romo will be ok just need to focus on not making dumb decisions. Like forcing passes that are not there.

Old 08-25-2009, 01:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
I think the Boys gone run a little more this year. Felix Jones is back and looking pretty good. We all know Marion Barber a beast. Romo will be ok just need to focus on not making dumb decisions. Like forcing passes that are not there.

Very true, but why did you all let Roy Williams go??? Yeah he got burned quite allot, but he still is a Pro Bowl Safety. You guys did a good one by getting rid of Adam Jones though, we grew up in the same neighborhood and I played rec league basket ball with him and Amhad Carrol from the NY Jets, and trust me that fool Pacman acted the same way back then that he does now. If Pacman wasn't playing in the NFL he would be just another thug in the hood. But worse though with his temper and mouth he probably would have been 6 feet under by now
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City