Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 11:03 PM

36,881 posts, read 38,781,820 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
Wow! right across the street. 1 museum is in the Park and thats the MET but really we are not gonna waste land like that. . Im choosing by what it has to offer in and around it, access to it and how it is designed.
Right, and other people might be going by a different rubric or criteria. You included them, others might not. What part of that is hard to understand?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2009, 11:10 PM

1 posts, read 1,757,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchampion View Post
yea...
next time i want to work out im gonna call my friend and ask him if he wants to go to the sports facilities. i say theres high odds of getting punched in the throat.
sports facilities clearly implies places to play sports like football, soccer, tennis, not a place where trustfundhipster goes to check out guys
Your gym sounds ghetto. And I don't care how your friends would play with your throat for referring to it as a "sports facility" so please keep your personal revelations to yourself. This is not your crappy $10.99 a month gym. At my gym in Manhattan, we have gyms with soccer, a full sized hockey rink, tennis, football, golf, endurance training, bowling, lighthouse, boating, sky rinks, spas, etc.

It's more than likely out of your budget anyway so I don't blame you for your unfamiliarity.

Last edited by Americanboy; 08-25-2009 at 11:24 PM..

Old 08-25-2009, 11:21 PM

246 posts, read 756,063 times
GG Park is outstanding for people watching too, you have the crackheads/hippies on the haight side, the yuppies on the sunset side, etc...and just interesting characters all over the park.

GG Park also feels like an "urban escape", especially coming from the Haight/Ashbury area...

Quote:
Originally Posted by trustfundhipster View Post
And it's more interesting people watching in Central Park too.

On Central Park North, south of Harlem you have the crazy crackheads and below that you have the tourists, nannies pushing wealthy Manhattan children in their strollers and then posh men & women taking a walk in their "backyards" in the evenings when the tourists and Bridge & Tunnel crowd finally empty out the place. Not to mention you have beautiful upscale buildings, world class shops and architectural gems surrounding the park. It's also so so beautiful after snowfall. Tavern on the Green restaurant in the park is also fab, as is all the world class museums.

I just love Central Park. I love the feeling of being so disconnected to the heart of a bustling city, but knowing you're still in the heart of a bustling city and everything is just a stone throws away.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:23 PM

1 posts, read 1,757,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishimm View Post
GG Park is outstanding for people watching too, you have the crackheads/hippies on the haight side, the yuppies on the sunset side, etc...and just interesting characters all over the park.

GG Park also feels like an "urban escape", especially coming from the Haight/Ashbury area...
That's nice and all but Golden Gate Park is not as good as Central Park.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:23 PM

Scroll down and look at all the amenities GG Park, it's a lot!

Golden Gate Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
Well I don't know. What amenities does GG park have? How does it stack up to Central park? GG park is pretty, but I am not that knowledgable about it please fill me in.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:24 PM

Its different, it has a lot that Central Park doesnt have, and vice versa...IMO, the two best urban parks in the country, and 3rd is very far behind.

Quote:
That's nice and all but Golden Gate Park is not as good as Central Park.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:33 PM

804 posts, read 2,393,439 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by irishimm View Post
Scroll down and look at all the amenities GG Park, it's a lot!

Golden Gate Park - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Thanks for the info. it does have a lot to do in it.

Old 08-25-2009, 11:59 PM

199 posts, read 218,314 times
Quote:
Your gym sounds ghetto. And I don't care how your friends would play with your throat for referring to it as a "sports facility" so please keep your personal revelations to yourself. This is not your crappy $10.99 a month gym. At my gym in Manhattan, we have gyms with soccer, a full sized hockey rink, tennis, football, golf, endurance training, bowling, lighthouse, boating, sky rinks, spas, etc.

It's more than likely out of your budget anyway so I don't blame you for your unfamiliarity.
so does your boyfriend pay for your membership or are you an independent woman

Old 08-26-2009, 12:07 AM

36,623 posts, read 67,123,456 times
Quote:
Who cares about sports facilities in the middle of a park?
Especially if its blistering, freezing cold or muggy like a sauna or a swamp, or a oven-who wants to excercise in that??

YUCK.

LOL

Old 08-26-2009, 12:09 AM

36,623 posts, read 67,123,456 times
Quote:
Your gym sounds ghetto.
didnt you hear? Ghetto is in.

LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City