Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2009, 09:47 PM

455 posts, read 1,017,972 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Furley View Post
The amount of lying and statistic pulling is hilarious. When all it takes is an admission of the truth. Truth is this- Chicago is a segregated and racist cess pool, where black people are either ignored or treated with disdain. New York is a superior city. Is that so hard.
New York City is the most segregated city in the United States. It is 99.2% white. There is no culture in that city.

As a black man, I felt like I was interrupting a KKK meeting walking through Manhattan.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-29-2009, 09:49 PM

398 posts, read 1,039,524 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
New York City is the most segregated city in the United States. It is 99.2% white. There is no culture in that city.

As a black man, I felt like I was interrupting a KKK meeting walking through Manhattan.
Have you been swimming in the Lake Michigan again?

Didn't we warn you about the Gary sludge plant discharge??

Old 08-29-2009, 09:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osito57 View Post
Have you been swimming in the Lake Michigan again?

Didn't we warn you about the Gary sludge plant discharge??
Nope, try again.

Apparently misinformation and irrationality is the name of the game in this forum. It is not a game I am particularly keen to play. Thus, I will leave you anti-intellectuals to your own devices. By the way, if you are in fact a resident of NYC, you do not represent the average intelligence of a New Yorker well at all. You should buy some books next time you are at Wal-Mart.

Old 08-29-2009, 09:59 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,020,492 times
Quote:

What is with the random sarcasm?

Old 08-29-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityGuy View Post
What is with the random sarcasm?
Read the thread. Coming up with outrageous numbers and then complaining when people prove them wrong with actual data is the point of this thread.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Quote:

Manhattan is probably the least segregated part of NYC because a lot of people of different races/ethnicities/nationalities work there.

I'm sure the same could be said for Downtown Chicago.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:02 PM

64 posts, read 162,569 times
Quote:
Nope, try again.

Apparently misinformation and irrationality is the name of the game in this forum. I will leave you anti-intellectuals to your own devices. By the way, if you are in fact a resident of NYC, you do not represent the average intelligence of a New Yorker well at all. You should buy some books next time you are at Wal-Mart.
Dude, stop with your bull**** we see through it. Your desire for "intellectual" answers backed by statistics is nothing more than a smokescreen and a poor attempt to deflect your shame of the racism in this city perpetuated by YOUR people, feel the burn and take it like a man. Common sense and a keen sense of awareness will show you the truth about this place. You can lie, and deny all you want to but deep down you know its true. So enjoy your previledge in this city and shut up. Hopefully I was intellectual enough for you to understand being that you are a Princeton grad.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:06 PM

1,107 posts, read 3,020,492 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Manhattan is probably the least segregated part of NYC because a lot of people of different races/ethnicities/nationalities work there.

I'm sure the same could be said for Downtown Chicago.
I think Queens would be since it is the most diverse and the only county in the country where the median income for African Americans is $52,000.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Furley View Post
Dude, stop with your bull**** we see through it. Your desire for "intellectual" answers backed by statistics is nothing more than a smokescreen and a poor attempt to deflect your shame of the racism in this city perpetuated by YOUR people, feel the burn and take it like a man. Common sense and a keen sense of awareness will show you the truth about this place. You can lie, and deny all you want to but deep down you know its true. So enjoy your previledge in this city and shut up. Hopefully I was intellectual enough for you to understand being that you are a Princeton grad.
Actually, I am a UPenn grad, and I am black. I will enjoy my black "previledge" in this city, thank you. Who are 'my people'? Is it other blacks in Chicago? Aren't you a black Chicagoan? Aren't you in that same group then? Are you chastising yourself in this post?

Sadly, you were not even bordering on coherence in your reply. By all means, move out of the city due to the racism that blacks (my people) perpetuate.

Okay, I am seriously done responding to the inane posts. Goodbye.

Old 08-29-2009, 10:16 PM

64 posts, read 162,569 times
Quote:
Actually, I am a UPenn grad, and I am black. I will enjoy my black "previledge" in this city, thank you. Who are 'my people'? Is it other blacks in Chicago? Aren't you a black Chicagoan? Aren't you in that same group then? Are you chastising yourself in this post?

Sadly, you were not even bordering on coherence in your reply. By all means, move out of the city due to the racism that blacks (my people) perpetuate.

Okay, I am seriously done responding to the inane posts. Goodbye.
OK Penn State grad, congrats!! If you are black then you are a sad piece of **** with your laughable attempts at sounding intellectual with your pseudo-astute grammar, trying to correct our poor grammar. You are probably one of these confused black people in Chicago who are proud because a few of these racist white people invite you to their barbques, therefore you feel superior. You are having an identity crisis right before us. Uncle Tom.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City