U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 09-01-2009, 08:34 PM

197 posts, read 21,499 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
There is this man that I pass on a regular basis, who stands on a street corner at a busy intersection, yelling at all the passing cars. He paces back and forth and always yells the same thing, day after day, week after week, year after year. I'm not exaggerating, it's been years now. You kind of remind me of him. We get it, and frankly, we don't care anymore that you don't like Chicago. One or two negative statements make a much bigger impact because when you hear it over and over and over, you just consider the source and move on. I don't think that man on the street corner has convinced anyone yet.
But of course. LOL Crime in Chicago, loss of population, corruption (Blago, Rezko), segregation are not real problems They are simply figments of my imagination. I can only admire your power of denial but just don't act surprised when prominent people avoid Chicago as place of residence or Forbes.com places you in the top three most miserable places list again
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2009, 08:50 PM

1,636 posts, read 1,828,951 times
I think NYC has had a little corruption to deal with as well.

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/12/16/nyregion/16nyc.html

Old 09-01-2009, 09:58 PM

8,881 posts, read 12,557,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
But of course. LOL Crime in Chicago, loss of population, corruption (Blago, Rezko), segregation are not real problems They are simply figments of my imagination. I can only admire your power of denial but just don't act surprised when prominent people avoid Chicago as place of residence or Forbes.com places you in the top three most miserable places list again
Yet again as the population of city-data has been pointing out since you started out here 10-12 months ago.....you devote 90% of your posts against that which you hate.

IT. IS. NOT. EVERYONE'S. ISSUE. YOU. HAVE. PERSONAL. PROBLEMS. WITH. CHICAGO.

You still give absolutely no rational reason why you obsessively display this behavior...

Old 09-01-2009, 10:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago60614 View Post
Yet again as the population of city-data has been pointing out since you started out here 10-12 months ago.....you devote 90% of your posts against that which you hate.

IT. IS. NOT. EVERYONE'S. ISSUE. YOU. HAVE. PERSONAL. PROBLEMS. WITH. CHICAGO.

You still give absolutely no rational reason why you obsessively display this behavior...
What behavior? I post on whatever subject I found interesting and since I can't Chicago's defensiveness and parochialism I post about it.
If you do not like my posts simply ignore them. What is your problem?
Anyone forcing you to read? I provide links to supporting evidence / articles / data. Nothing I talk about is not a well known fact, at least outside of Chicago.
Stop being so defensive.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:02 AM

683 posts, read 539,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYchi View Post
I'm a black woman who is from New York, but moving to Chicago. Jeesh, you black men make me sick. You complain about racism and racist attitudes, yet you diss black women in a public thread. You can't have it both ways.
LOL!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Furley View Post
I didnt diss black women! I just said the black women in Chicago are not the best looking in the country like say in Atlanta....and its true. You will see when you get here. I think all of the nice looking ones fled to hotter climates or something. Its a subject thats been discussed for years, for most guys from out of town thats usually there number one complaint. The black women in Chicago are all out of shape and fat, and all they care about is clothes and getting their hair done while everything else is shabby. In their minds they are "thick" but in reality they are obese. But the worse thing which is incredible to me is the fact that all of the black women here no matter how unattractive they are have the nerve to act "stuck up" as if they are "all of that", and they have screwed up nasty attitudes. Phenomenal. In Chicago the beauty scale is is taken down a few notches. A Chicago "10" is an LA "6" and a New York "6"!! I know this sounds shallow and piggish. Oh well.
LOL!!! I hear you man, It's the SAME EXACT thing in Philly. I remeber my cousins from Cali coming out & saying "in so many words" how unattractive most of the ladies were in Philly, I just laughed but then I moved out here & it was like night & day, I returned to Philly for a visit after 2 years in LA & was totally amazed at how chunky the chicks were & they even had a nerve to be stuck up with bad attitudes...

I was hanging with my best friends one weekend and was like "WTF?"
Why are the chicks so friggin fat?!! Why do they all smoke?!
They laughed like I used to & didn't really see anything wrong except that it was ME not the Philly women.
See to them, I had moved to LA where everyone is from somewhere else, so it's unfair to compare...."OK" maybe but explain their health & bad habits??

To them it was better weather in Cali so people could workout more & ofcourse they all wanted to be tv stars so that changes things...

I moved back just for a year & saw first hand that a lot of women in my home town DID NOT CARE about their physical appearance only their fashion.
Even my cousins who were hotties in their teens & tewnties felt that since they were past thirty that they'd somehow reached middle age & it was okay to eat, drink, smoke, & be merry as Santa Claus, and carry a belly like his & weight that only a pack of reindeer could move....Or a Hummer!!

The really good looking ones were highly conceited & I'd think to myself daaayum in LA you'd be just another girl... Anywhere (At the office, on a film/tv/mv set, dmv, Doctors Office, gym,yoga class, church,etc

Despite what you hear about LA women, for the most part they are pretty approachable, if you speak most of the time they'll speak back with a smile, many times they'll speak first.. Treat them nice & with respect & most times they'll give you a good conversation. Try that in Philly & they'll look at you like you just grew a second head outta your neck.
My friends from New York were like, "dude what's up with the females out here"? Why all the attitudes??

I didn't know that Chi had the same situation.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:00 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Black men make you sick? A little mean.
LOL!!!!

Old 09-02-2009, 08:41 AM

6,318 posts, read 12,231,565 times
Please stay on topic, or this thread will be shut down.

Old 09-02-2009, 09:50 AM

10,820 posts, read 8,797,164 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
Not constantly dwelling as you do on those problems doesn't mean Chicagoans have their heads in the sand. Besides, it wasn't too long ago that NYC was faced with the same issues (though we're still blessed with ample corruption).

Old 09-02-2009, 03:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
Not constantly dwelling as you do on those problems doesn't mean Chicagoans have their heads in the sand. Besides, it wasn't too long ago that NYC was faced with the same issues (though we're still blessed with ample corruption).
Every place on the planet is blessed with corruption, that's why we have cheks and balances in the system (like term limits which Chicago does not have) in an attempt to keep corruption at check.
Chicagoans however are the only people on the planet who would say something as dumb as "corruption is not that bad, Chicago was built on corruption". This concept of benevolent corruption was like a mantra that I heard many many times in Chicago from people that were otherwise pretty intelligent, educated and enlightened!!!
Chicagoans do have their heads in the sand but it is their choice, they chose to believe that corruption is normal or even good for them and it even confirms Chicago's big city status as in dismissive "all big cities have corruption". The same goes for almost any aspect of Chicago reality that is below standard.
It's unbelievable but true.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City