U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 08-28-2009, 04:23 PM

197 posts, read 25,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
where??? kid???
You do not want to meet me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 05:11 PM

4,383 posts, read 5,347,478 times
Finally is not only NY that says that NY is where is at. See people we weren't lying when we said that NY is the place to be

Old 08-28-2009, 06:12 PM

64 posts, read 85,971 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by western_mass View Post
you probably went to manhattan...

those same racist views exist in some of the poorer outer boroughs and in many places in the northeast

also...manhattan with the beautiful women again

heres the thing...most of the hotties in NYC are from somewhere else..most of the natives are kinda ehh if u catch my drift

I was mainly in Queens, BK and Harlem.....also downtown Manhattan

Old 08-28-2009, 06:36 PM

786 posts, read 890,871 times
Chi-Town references = Big Apple references?

Everybody knows what the Big Apple is....but how often do you hear people actually say it?

Also of Note: Frisco/San Fran, ATL

Old 08-28-2009, 06:39 PM

1,663 posts, read 1,884,467 times
So true, I have family in the Chicago area, and I've spent a lot of time there. I have never heard anyone who lives in Chicago call it Chi-Town. Never.

Old 08-28-2009, 06:42 PM

3,559 posts, read 4,330,033 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ralph Furley View Post
Now thats true...the black people of Chicago are ****in morons packed on the south and west side....just happy to be here. They dont complain they just take the scraps that Daley and company throw at them. And then vote him back in office each term to repeat the ****ery. And you would think that.....nevermind.
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/9/94/Uncle_Ruckus.jpg (broken link)

Old 08-28-2009, 07:22 PM

13,275 posts, read 14,027,980 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
So true, I have family in the Chicago area, and I've spent a lot of time there. I have never heard anyone who lives in Chicago call it Chi-Town. Never.
Same. They may have said Chi or Chi-city. But most just said whatever side they are at or out west or out north. Never have heard Chi-Town. Just like in DC you will never hear Chocolate City. They hate that out here.

Old 08-28-2009, 11:15 PM

454 posts, read 177,327 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Yeah thats what I thought, I always heard dudes from Chicago call their city the 'Go, even heard Chi-City a few times. But I never heard someone from Chicago call Chicago Chi-Town. Its kind of like in Atlanta, only people from outside Atlanta call it ATL, we just call it "the city" or the "A".
Usually when someone says ATL, its a dead give away that they are either from out of town, or a suburban dude trying to act hip
And no one calls Miami the 'magic city' or Dallas 'big D' except for out of towners/tourist.

So I guess to be safe, we should call every city its name without slashing it to some abbreviation?

Old 08-28-2009, 11:24 PM

3,220 posts, read 5,765,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
You do not want to meet me
nah Im good- I aint into that

Old 08-29-2009, 12:50 AM

4,152 posts, read 4,232,729 times
To the OP: I think that just packing up and bugging out of your old haunt gives you a fresh start and with a view for new opportunities, one sees things in a more positive light. Honestly I do agree NYC is in a better way than CHI at this point in time. It simply has recovered from the insanity that was America in the 80's and before. It's a liberating thing to leave behind the old patterns and start yourself anew with a new group. You should go to NY!

And to those who think NYC has not changed, I assure you it is a world of difference from 20 years ago. New Jack city was for real people. 42nd street and Times Sq was gangland.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City