Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 PM

197 posts, read 181,600 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by noid_1985 View Post
I stand by what I said- and you're showing me a link of a Harley-Davidson website because- you prove no point. I can count on both hands how many times someone from Chicago has said Chi-town when talking to me...

And what does it prove other than people from your circle don't use it?
I just showed you a link to a legitimate Chicago business that uses Chi-town in its name. Obviously it means that the term is pretty popular. Google for Chi-town and you will see a few thousands more references.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-28-2009, 03:38 PM

4,079 posts, read 10,389,774 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
You clearly have no IDEA what you are talking about. Have you even been to New York before and after Gulianis terms in the office? Guess not.
]
have you??? ...cause I know you've never been to Chicago

Old 08-28-2009, 03:39 PM

5,969 posts, read 9,555,533 times
Quote:
I can count on both hands how many times someone from Chicago has said Chi-town when talking to me...
Are you sure? This guy is from Chi-Town and he will beat you down if you disagree,lol.

YouTube - A.Dub The Engineer & DVS - "Chi-Town Anthem"

Old 08-28-2009, 03:40 PM

197 posts, read 181,600 times
Quote:
have you??? ...cause I know you've never been to Chicago

I am in Chicago right now, kid I have to visit your city quite frequently..

Yes, I am old enough to remember NYC before Gullianin and despite all the romanticizing done by folks who did not live in the city at that time, it was not a happy place.
Have you ever had to carry $10 bill in your pocket just in case some crackhead sticks you up and you do not really want to dissapoint him by having no money?
You have no idea what you are talking about. Gulliani will have monuments all over the city in 20 years.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
I am in Chicago right now, kid I have to visit your city quite frequently..
where??? kid???

Old 08-28-2009, 03:44 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,476,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chi-town Native View Post

honestly, Chicago is definitely full of the biggest bunch of buck-passers in the world. if you don't like something, do something about it.
But at least they pass the buck and have an outstanding urban core to show for it. Oakland NIMBYs need to put on a truck and shipped to the middle of Nevada--permanently.

I would kill for Oakland to be as can-do as Chicago.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DailyJournalist View Post
and he will beat you down if you disagree,lol.

Old 08-28-2009, 03:52 PM

815 posts, read 2,135,997 times
Quote:
Thats great...Point is most Chicagoans don't use the term Chi-town.....

Yeah thats what I thought, I always heard dudes from Chicago call their city the 'Go, even heard Chi-City a few times. But I never heard someone from Chicago call Chicago Chi-Town. Its kind of like in Atlanta, only people from outside Atlanta call it ATL, we just call it "the city" or the "A".
Usually when someone says ATL, its a dead give away that they are either from out of town, or a suburban dude trying to act hip

Old 08-28-2009, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngMichaelJackson View Post
Yeah thats what I thought, I always heard dudes from Chicago call their city the 'Go, even heard Chi-City a few times. But I never heard someone from Chicago call Chicago Chi-Town. Its kind of like in Atlanta, only people from outside Atlanta call it ATL, we just call it "the city" or the "A".
Usually when someone says ATL, its a dead give away that they are either from out of town, or a suburban dude trying to act hip
yeah a lot people 'in my circle' call it "the GO"....

Old 08-28-2009, 04:19 PM

13 posts, read 44,226 times
you probably went to manhattan...

those same racist views exist in some of the poorer outer boroughs and in many places in the northeast

also...manhattan with the beautiful women again

heres the thing...most of the hotties in NYC are from somewhere else..most of the natives are kinda ehh if u catch my drift
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City