U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 08-30-2009, 11:44 AM
 
57 posts, read 195,354 times
Reputation: 41

Advertisements

what are the main differences, and which do you prefer?
it seems like in NY there are many more residential streets with little activity

 
Old 08-30-2009, 12:04 PM
 
Location: New England & The Maritimes
2,116 posts, read 4,210,454 times
Reputation: 1114
yes, NYC has many more residential streets. In the sense that more people reside on the street.
 
Old 08-30-2009, 01:03 PM
 
197 posts, read 139,752 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricownage View Post
what are the main differences, and which do you prefer?
it seems like in NY there are many more residential streets with little activity
First of this forum is for US domestic comparisons.
Second, I ahve never been to Hong Kong
Third, there are no residential streets in Hong Kong? Where do all this people live?
 
Old 08-30-2009, 01:43 PM
 
455 posts, read 913,070 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
First of this forum is for US domestic comparisons.
Second, I ahve never been to Hong Kong
Third, there are no residential streets in Hong Kong? Where do all this people live?
Never been to Hong Kong? What a shock!

Enjoy your Wal-Mart, American Idol, and McDonald's dementor....
 
Old 08-30-2009, 01:57 PM
 
197 posts, read 139,752 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
Never been to Hong Kong? What a shock!

Enjoy your Wal-Mart, American Idol, and McDonald's dementor....

What is wrong with Walmart, American Idol or McDonalds?

There are supermarkets all over the world so is McDonalds and every country has their own version of American Idol... You tried to be sarcastic and came up ignorant. Typical.


You Chicago folks are so filled with inferiority complex that you have to pretend all the time how enlightend and world-class you are. Stop being pretentious. Litghten up.
 
Old 08-30-2009, 02:15 PM
 
455 posts, read 913,070 times
Reputation: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by take2 View Post
What is wrong with Walmart, American Idol or McDonalds?

There are supermarkets all over the world so is McDonalds and every country has their own version of American Idol... You tried to be sarcastic and came up ignorant. Typical.


You Chicago folks are so filled with inferiority complex that you have to pretend all the time how enlightend and world-class you are. Stop being pretentious. Litghten up.
That question right there is very telling. Like I said, enjoy your Wal-Mart, American Idol, and McDonald's.

This isn't a Chicago vs. NYC issue. This is a lack of culture issue on your part. I have lived in Paris longer than I have lived in Chicago. I don't care if people hate Chicago. What I dislike is people who are ignorant, irrational, and illogical. Sadly, in America, people like you are the majority.
 
Old 08-30-2009, 02:28 PM
 
197 posts, read 139,752 times
Reputation: 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by rickmahorn View Post
That question right there is very telling. Like I said, enjoy your Wal-Mart, American Idol, and McDonald's.

This isn't a Chicago vs. NYC issue. This is a lack of culture issue on your part. I have lived in Paris longer than I have lived in Chicago. I don't care if people hate Chicago. What I dislike is people who are ignorant, irrational, and illogical. Sadly, in America, people like you are the majority.
Sadly you have no idea where I have lived before yet you passed judgement on my culture, very cultured... LOL
Buddy, you make it sound like there are no superbig supermakerts in Europe or McDonalds or European TV does not have shows similar to American Idol.
I hate ignorance myself, that why I despise Chicago, but I hate pretentiousness even more. If you are ignorant I can stand it, but if you are an ignorant who tries to pass as a enlightened person that's unbearable. Chicago is full of those pretentiouss world-class types, talking about helping the third-world or saving whales while in the same time they would move out of thier neighborhood the moment first black family moved in.... You gotta love those "yes-but-not-in-my-neighborhood" liberals...

Last edited by take2; 08-30-2009 at 03:06 PM..
 
Old 08-30-2009, 08:27 PM
 
57 posts, read 195,354 times
Reputation: 41
Well, in Hong Kong most apartments are built on top of shops and stores, so the entrances are tucked away somewhere between the stores and restaurants, and there's always activity on the streets. In New York, there seem to be many streets where there are only apartment buildings
 
Old 08-30-2009, 08:35 PM
 
Location: Long Island/NYC
11,334 posts, read 17,137,312 times
Reputation: 6075
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricownage View Post
Well, in Hong Kong most apartments are built on top of shops and stores, so the entrances are tucked away somewhere between the stores and restaurants, and there's always activity on the streets. In New York, there seem to be many streets where there are only apartment buildings
There's a lot of those in NYC too .
 
Old 08-30-2009, 09:54 PM
 
Location: West Cobb County, GA (Atlanta metro)
9,188 posts, read 30,265,171 times
Reputation: 5131
Please read before posting, as we are not comparing North American cities to foreign cities here:

What To Post In This Room (and - NOT). READ BEFORE POSTING ****

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top