Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: betta summa weatha?
Cali - Dry, Hot, Comfortable at night ... no rain 36 67.92%
East Coast - Humid, muggy, hot...some rain and thunda 17 32.08%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-04-2009, 03:38 PM

517 posts, read 1,318,044 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood Inquirer View Post
Actually the Humidity and the high pressure is keeping the air fairly clear and most of that smoke blows off to the north and to other states.
That's a good thing to hear. I know sometimes the air quality gets really bad during fire season.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-04-2009, 03:41 PM

517 posts, read 1,318,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nycricanpapi View Post
Wow lol why did you put East Coast - Humid, muggy, hot...some rain and thunda. The East Coast is not all about that lol. California gets hotter than in the East Coast.

Hot weather may continue through weekend | Inland News | PE.com | Southern California News | News for Inland Southern California (http://www.pe.com/localnews/inland/stories/PE_News_Local_D_webheat30.f389fd.html - broken link)

Here is another link where it states that California Weather is dreadful.

USATODAY.com
I remember this past winter when the East Coast was having that really bad winter strom and back here in California we were having crazy temps of 80's in January.

Old 09-04-2009, 03:42 PM

1,654 posts, read 5,853,193 times
hot dry west.. can't stand humidity, even coming from the great lakes

Old 09-04-2009, 03:49 PM

11,326 posts, read 20,321,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
I remember this past winter when the East Coast was having that really bad winter strom and back here in California we were having crazy temps of 80's in January.
I love it when that happens here, here its usually mid/upper-70's in January though.

Old 09-05-2009, 11:56 AM

1,107 posts, read 3,020,492 times
Where I'm at humidity is no big deal. This summer as well as previous summers there's always a great fresh breeze flowing through the streets. Mostly in the parks. Plus you have alot of trees and buildings that provide shade. Sprinklers or fire hydrants on throughout the city. Almost every store or building you go into is air conditioned as well as transportation. This summer has been very cozy and last summer.

You can see how summertime looks in NYC. pictures taken by me.

Summer in the NYC Area. - SkyscraperCity
Harlem (Welcome to my Neighborhood) - SkyscraperCity

BTW, I didn't vote.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:55 PM

199 posts, read 220,048 times
let me think in california i wear shorts and a t shirt in the summer, i never worry about rain and the bay area's mostly Mediterranean-like climate isn't as hot as L.A's

on the other hand i was in new york city the 3rd week of august where the same clothes i wear in the summer here (shorts + t-shirt) seemed as if i was wearing 2-3 layers of clothing and my shirt was dripping in sweat. the people in manhattan were glistening with grease and perspiration, my hands and in between my fingers were moist and sticky as were my testicles and pretty much my entire undercarriage.
one of the days it randomly started raining.
last year a thunderstorm in the same month delayed my flight by like 4 hours.

it is a really hard decision. i mean its 70 degrees here right now.. i wake up crying wishing it was 88 degrees and that i was sweating.

Old 09-05-2009, 12:57 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,496,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by youngchampion View Post
let me think in california i wear shorts and a t shirt in the summer, i never worry about rain and the bay area's mostly Mediterranean-like climate isn't as hot as L.A's

on the other hand i was in new york city the 3rd week of august where the same clothes i wear in the summer here (shorts + t-shirt) seemed as if i was wearing 2-3 layers of clothing and my shirt was dripping in sweat. the people in manhattan were glistening with grease and perspiration, my hands and in between my fingers were moist and sticky as were my testicles and pretty much my entire undercarriage.
one of the days it randomly started raining.
last year a thunderstorm in the same month delayed my flight by like 4 hours.

it is a really hard decision. i mean its 70 degrees here right now.. i wake up crying wishing it was 88 degrees and that i was sweating.
I feel the same way, I grew up in FL of all places and now on the West coast... I am not sure I can "go back" and re acclimate at this point to the winters Nor the summer humidity. I've been in Chicago for a few weeks and that was the FIRST thing I noticed getting off the plane, I guess I had forgotten what humidity felt like.

Speaking of...this is going to be gross, but I know guys and girls get this (don't lie!)... I hate the sweaty ass crack effect.

Old 12-25-2011, 12:27 PM

503 posts, read 799,472 times
Umm..how about the west coast? East has terrible weather compared.

Old 12-26-2011, 07:46 AM

444 posts, read 665,100 times
California summa vs East Coast summa??!?

It's like trying to compare a nice, relaxing full body massage vs a dentist drilling your molars with a power tool. Why is this even a poll?

Old 12-26-2011, 08:31 AM

3,076 posts, read 5,496,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mongozx View Post
California summa vs East Coast summa??!?

It's like trying to compare a nice, relaxing full body massage vs a dentist drilling your molars with a power tool. Why is this even a poll?
So true. How can annoying like east coast weather is beyond me. ESP. humidity, I mean there's nothing enjoyable about it. And I'm from NYC.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City