Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-07-2009, 07:39 PM

5,429 posts, read 14,840,335 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
It's kind of sad how your fellow Houston people argue with you so much since you don't believe Houston is rated right near NYC.
That's a lie.
No one said that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2009, 07:42 PM

517 posts, read 1,318,565 times
This thread on Cultural tourism has morphed into a Texas/Houston thread...anyone else agree?

Old 09-07-2009, 07:44 PM

6,870 posts, read 14,854,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post
This thread on Cultural tourism has morphed into a Texas/Houston thread...anyone else agree?
I agree. I'm exiting.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:45 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,933,384 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kcee510 View Post

Are you surprised? If someone argues Houston isn't in one of the top spots for anything, here the Texans come to spoil the thread.

Old 09-07-2009, 07:47 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Are you surprised? If someone argues Houston isn't in one of the top spots for anything, here the Texans come to spoil the thread.
Seems to be a recurring theme. Nobody is going to question that Texas is a Business power house. I think a lot will question its cultural impact.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:02 PM

13,351 posts, read 39,954,509 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AK123 View Post
That's a lie.
No one said that.
Exactly. No one has said that Houston has the same amount of cultural attractions as NYC.

But the minute Houston is ranked anywhere near NYC for anything, the Houston bashers descend from their belfries to insist that Houston is no good at anything and how dare anyone ever suggest that Houston offers anything even remotely similar to what NYC offers.

NYC was ranked #1. Houston was ranked #8. Why is that not good enough for all you NYC pushers? It's like you won't be happy unless Houston is ranked dead last in anything.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:07 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT View Post
All you Houston bashers seem to think that the Houston promoters are claiming that Houston has just as much culture as NYC. No one has said that, and this Forbes study doesn't say that, either. NYC is still #1. NYC is still the ultimate American city for culture and refinement. Houston does have a tremendous amount of cultural offerings, but it's still ranked behind NYC.

By the way, I did find it interesting that sporting events were included in this study as "cultural events." And while I agree that sporting events are cultural (no one can argue that NASCAR and NCAA football aren't a huge part of American culture) many people who are shocked--SHOCKED--that their beloved cities aren't ranked higher might feel better about this study if they take that into consideration.
EXACTLY!!!!! Thankyou. We are ALL in accordance(at least I am) that cities like NYC, SF, PHILLY, CHI, are undoubtedly ahead of Houston. We agree, we're just arguing why Houston should be on this list. Why shouldn't it be on this list? Even if it was at #10.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:10 PM

12,384 posts, read 28,508,014 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
EXACTLY!!!!! Thankyou. We are ALL in accordance(at least I am) that cities like NYC, SF, PHILLY, CHI, are undoubtedly ahead of Houston. We agree, we're just arguing why Houston should be on this list. Why shouldn't it be on this list? Even if it was at #10.
I could see it as #10, philly and sf were both behind houston though, Philadelphia is not even ON the list. that is why everybody is throwing the list in the e-paper shredder of another stupid forbes list.

Old 09-07-2009, 08:11 PM

1,365 posts, read 2,834,261 times
Can we PLEASE have a thread where New York isn't the obvious #1 pick or receiving the most votes? lol

Old 09-07-2009, 08:15 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
It's kind of sad how your fellow Houston people argue with you so much since you don't believe Houston is rated right near NYC. At least you see the truth.
I don't think anyone is putting Houston on the same level as NYC, I think we're just saying Houston belongs on the list.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City