U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-09-2009, 08:18 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,366,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Well, statistics sound more impressive when they aren't compared to anything...for example, "Houston is ranked as the fourth best restaurant city in the United States by Wine Spectator and Esquire magazines" - so where do the other southern cities rank? If Atlanta is 6th and Dallas is 7th, the Houston ranking isn't quite as big of a deal.
are you assuming this or are Atlanta and Dallas really ranked number 6 and 7? Because I know that Seattle, San Fransisco, DC, Miami, and Boston usually rank very high on these lists. Even then, what does it matter who is 6 and 7?It means that Houston beat out Atlanta, Seattle, DC, Miami, and Boston (I'm assuming that San Francisco is 4), that's really good. Those are all great cities for restaurants.

Not every thread has to be Atlanta vs Houston vs Dallas. I think it's time to give it a rest. This dance is getting old.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2009, 08:22 PM

7,852 posts, read 12,278,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
are you assuming this or are Atlanta and Dallas really ranked number 6 and 7? Because I know that Seattle, San Fransisco, DC, Miami, and Boston usually rank very high on these lists. Even then, what does it matter who is 6 and 7?It means that Houston beat out Atlanta, Seattle, DC, Miami, and Boston (I'm assuming that San Francisco is 4), that's really good. Those are all great cities for restaurants.

Not every thread has to be Atlanta vs Houston vs Dallas. I think it's time to give it a rest. This dance is getting old.
Well, don't tell me about it...there are people who thrive on these contests, but I'm not one of them. Although I choose to live in one of these 3 cities, I really like all 3 and have many friends in each.

It matters because if someone is saying that Houston is clearly superior to the other cities because it is ranked #4, then that is not a true statement IF the other cities are ranked 2 or 3 places behind Houston. That would prove that all three cities are very competitive with each other - not that Houston is far superior. See what I mean?

I don't know where Atlanta and Dallas rank...I don't really care that much. It was a hypothetical statement.

Old 10-09-2009, 08:28 PM

14 posts, read 26,983 times
Houston more culture than San Fran? Lolololol!!!!

Old 10-09-2009, 08:29 PM

7,852 posts, read 12,278,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA88 View Post
Okay, now it can be a Houston vs. San Francisco thread for a while.

Old 10-09-2009, 10:23 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,032,331 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LA88 View Post
What is culture????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $79,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City