U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: My favorite state is...
North Carolina 32 51.61%
Texas 30 48.39%
Voters: 62. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-18-2014, 10:43 PM

28,856 posts, read 26,160,925 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
NC has that too actually. A lot of jazz legends call this place home, and the Triangle has always had a strong indie rock scene.
But NC isn't the birthplace/industry center of any major genre, like TN is for blues, rock n' roll, and country. Personally, I don't think there's any comparison between the two when it comes to this. I mean at this point, those genres have had substantial footholds in TN for several decades, more than a century in the case of the blues.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-20-2014, 11:29 PM

157 posts, read 221,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmoosa View Post
I think North Carolina is better choices to raise a family with kids, Great educationex. Duke, 4 seasons, Mountains, smoky mountains, Grand father mountain, Blue Ridge mountain, Ocean within hour, hour an half, close proximity to several bibber cities, ex DC, Atlantic city, south carolina etc etc. High tech induetries in RTP. great weather, falvor of both north and south.
Texas flat plain mostly, dirt dust in western part, illigals, HOT Hazy summer, no where to go, drive few hours you still in texas, topography just Flat, no Scenic views, Bible belt etc etc etc.
LOL this seems very interesting! You know as far as the North Carolina part you are kind of right but it all depends on what part of North Carolina you're in because trust me .. not all is like Western North Carolnia!! Trust me!! around some Piedmont cities and towns, I've seen some of the most backward people I've ever met.. and not towards me, I mean towards their own people!!! and on top of that you are right about the proximity to other cities in the Northeast but so is Texas also closer to New Orleans, St. Louis, the beautiful state of Arkansas, cites in Arizona like Phoenix, and Tuscon, . . even Las Vegas and Los Angeles can be traveled by car but by plane it's only about 2 hours away.

Wow where did you learn about Texas? I live here and I love it..I'm a native Californian and I must say, Texas has more biodiversity than North Carolina regardless of Western NC.
flat????? Where did you think it was flat? My god when I was in Fayetteville, NC that's a flat @ss city right there!!! and talk about dusty it gets pretty humid and not much of a difference than Texas with exceptions of cooler climate in the Western part of the state..
Texas has mountains and deserts to the West and the Hill country is very hilly and few small mountain peaks do rise near 3,000 ft compared to West Texas of near 9,000 ft .. Guadalupe Peak is 8,751 Ft high ... taller than Mt. Mitchell.. so learn your geography better please!!
and East Texas has probably just as lush and even more lush I kid you not as North Carolina with Fresh Pines of Pines/oaks. Western NC I say that only barely above 5,000 is where youll find a few firs and that's hardly noticeable unless you're in a Xmas Tree Farm .............

Old 08-29-2014, 02:44 PM

97 posts, read 129,780 times
This thread is old but I'd have to chose TX any day over NC. I'm sure its probably because I live in a smaller town (Fayetteville), so I'd probably have a different opinion if I lived in Cary, Durham, or Raleigh. There's much more to do in those cities but even if I could live in the aforementioned cities, I'd still pick TX (namely the Dallas/Ft. Worth area).

Old 08-31-2014, 06:44 AM

1,554 posts, read 1,434,082 times
North Carolina & Texas have good food!

Old 09-17-2014, 02:48 PM

1,460 posts, read 1,402,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
But NC isn't the birthplace/industry center of any major genre, like TN is for blues, rock n' roll, and country. Personally, I don't think there's any comparison between the two when it comes to this. I mean at this point, those genres have had substantial footholds in TN for several decades, more than a century in the case of the blues.
NC is as much a birthplace for blues as TN, as well as a dozen other states. It's also one of the states that can claim credit for doowop. Neither state can claim to be the birthplace of country. IIRC, that dishonor belongs to Georgia.

Old 09-19-2014, 01:44 AM

28,856 posts, read 26,160,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vatnos View Post
NC is as much a birthplace for blues as TN, as well as a dozen other states.
Well the Piedmont form of blues can partially be claimed by NC, but it never really had a presence anywhere in the state like the Delta blues have in Memphis and environs. Just Google "birthplace of the blues" and it's easy enough to see where the genre truly coalesced.

Old 09-21-2014, 06:52 PM

1,570 posts, read 1,373,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by qmoosa View Post
I think North Carolina is better choices to raise a family with kids, Great educationex. Duke, 4 seasons, Mountains, smoky mountains, Grand father mountain, Blue Ridge mountain, Ocean within hour, hour an half, close proximity to several bibber cities, ex DC, Atlantic city, south carolina etc etc. High tech induetries in RTP. great weather, falvor of both north and south.
Texas flat plain mostly, dirt dust in western part, illigals, HOT Hazy summer, no where to go, drive few hours you still in texas, topography just Flat, no Scenic views, Bible belt etc etc etc.
Have you actually been to Texas??. You been watching too much john Wayne.

Old 09-22-2014, 12:57 PM

43 posts, read 55,598 times
I'm from Texas and spent two years in North Carolina. If I had to choose again, I would go to Texas. NC doesn't have the same intense state pride as Texas. I'm quite partial to Texas BBQ, Dallas Cowboys, San Antonio Spurs, NASA, and Texas Hold'em Poker! I'll take the Texas hill country and bluebonnets, Palo Duro Canyon, Frio River tubing, Houston Rodeo, TexMex, Blue Bell Ice Cream and two-steppin' honky tonk cowboys any day!

Old 09-22-2014, 02:20 PM

3,093 posts, read 4,069,901 times
Texas:

More diverse.
Overall better food (NC is no slouch here, though)
Better sports
More cities with unique feels.

Old Today, 02:14 PM

3 posts, read 25 times
I lived in NC & TX. Hands down TX wins. People in NC are racist & they donít like or accept gay people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or