Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Toronto or Seattle
Toronto 36 62.07%
Seattle 22 37.93%
Voters: 58. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2014, 08:03 AM

3,862 posts, read 5,286,495 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrjun18 View Post
Agreed. Architechturally, Toronto has overall better looking buildings than Seattle IMO. The marbled First Canadian Place... the slim, jagged features of the burgundy Scotia Plaza, TD Bank tower quadruplets, city hall, the shape of the L Tower etc. The skyscrapers that are to come (big and small) to Toronto's skyine will add even more.
+1. If we are speaking about skyscrapers solely, then I think Toronto has the much more attractive bunch when compared to Seattle. Toronto obviously has alot of ugly ones as well, but that is the price you pay for growing at such a rapid clip. Not everything is going to be a work of art.

I really like Seattle as a city, but for some reason the skyline never struck me as being all that spectacular. Street level architecture is not that much more impressive either. It has a ton of things to be proud of as a city, but the skyline is just "okay" to me.

Old 06-05-2014, 08:30 AM

1,635 posts, read 2,711,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
+1. If we are speaking about skyscrapers solely, then I think Toronto has the much more attractive bunch when compared to Seattle. Toronto obviously has alot of ugly ones as well, but that is the price you pay for growing at such a rapid clip. Not everything is going to be a work of art.

I really like Seattle as a city, but for some reason the skyline never struck me as being all that spectacular. Street level architecture is not that much more impressive either. It has a ton of things to be proud of as a city, but the skyline is just "okay" to me.
Some people say the Seattle skyline looks great in pics, but in person its not that impressive. I think that thread "cities with with entrances" a couple people said that or it could of been another thread.

Old 06-05-2014, 09:19 AM

3,862 posts, read 5,286,495 times
Quote:
Some people say the Seattle skyline looks great in pics, but in person its not that impressive. I think that thread "cities with with entrances" a couple people said that or it could of been another thread.
I would 100% agree with that statement. Very underwhelming in person.

Old 06-05-2014, 01:31 PM

69 posts, read 152,768 times
Quote:
Most impressive thing about Seattle Skyline is Mount Rainier, it's buildings...meh

Old 06-05-2014, 02:57 PM

273 posts, read 322,817 times
Seattle's skyline is only impressive when viewed from Elliot Bay/West Seattle. When viewed from the south for example, it looks very small and ugly. And it looks alright I guess when viewed from Kerry Park. But that view exposes a lot of low-rise ugliness and parking lots as well.

Old 06-06-2014, 05:45 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
Quote:
Agreed. Architechturally, Toronto has overall better looking buildings than Seattle IMO. The marbled First Canadian Place... the slim, jagged features of the burgundy Scotia Plaza, TD Bank tower quadruplets, city hall, the shape of the L Tower etc. The skyscrapers that are to come (big and small) to Toronto's skyine will add even more.
Royal Bank Plaza is striking as well imo...

https://www.google.ca/search?q=royal...w=1518&bih=687

I mean the windows have over a million dollars worth of gold

Old 06-06-2014, 06:23 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,718,787 times
Whoever said Seattle's skyline more impressive than Toronto must be writing in some sort of coma. Either by visual comparison or by data Toronto wins in landslide. You can say the Space Needle prettier than CN tower all you want, you can't change the fact Toronto has a bigger and taller skyline.

The only two American cities than can beat Toronto's skyline are NYC and Chicago. The others are not on the same league.

Old 06-06-2014, 06:24 PM

10,839 posts, read 14,718,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardsyzzurphands View Post
I would 100% agree with that statement. Very underwhelming in person.
yep, I went on a day trip to Seattle from Vancouver, and left the city unimpressed. Urban planning in Seattle, particularly the waterfront is even worse than Toronto (which I consider pretty bad and ugly).

Old 06-06-2014, 07:43 PM

1,635 posts, read 2,711,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fusion2 View Post
Royal Bank Plaza is striking as well imo...

https://www.google.ca/search?q=royal...w=1518&bih=687

I mean the windows have over a million dollars worth of gold
Can't forget about Royal Bank Plaza. Truly a beautiful building.

Old 06-06-2014, 09:10 PM

15,102 posts, read 15,867,852 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by botticelli View Post
Whoever said Seattle's skyline more impressive than Toronto must be writing in some sort of coma. Either by visual comparison or by data Toronto wins in landslide. You can say the Space Needle prettier than CN tower all you want, you can't change the fact Toronto has a bigger and taller skyline.

The only two American cities than can beat Toronto's skyline are NYC and Chicago. The others are not on the same league.
Wow a positive comment about a Canadian city from you - what is the occasion? It isn't even Canada Day yet!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City