Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: where would you prefer to live?
Colorado 50 84.75%
Utah 9 15.25%
Voters: 59. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 04:18 PM

6,083 posts, read 10,694,910 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by unbeliever View Post
I live in Colorado, and I'd vote for Utah over and over again. The people in Utah are infinitely better than Coloradans. Denver is half drunken grown up frat boys, and half hipster skateboard drug addicts. When we moved to Colorado, I thought that I wanted to live in Denver, but apart from a few unaffordable enclaves, the city is very very suburban, and a complete snooze if you're from either coast.

If Salt Lake City didn't have such poor air quality, I'd move there in a heartbeat. Colorado is a wasteland, and fairly expensive to boot. I've been out here less than a year, and it's turned into another liberal loony bin, with oppressive gun laws, legal marijuana, etc. The governor is a drunken doofus who will sign ANY left wing legislation that comes across his desk. The latest abomination out here is a boycott on hunting. So much for the western lifestyle.
You call Denver suburban and say it's a "snoozer", yet you want to move to SLC. That makes no sense. Why don't you just leave if your unhappy here? Be in a place that makes you happy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2013, 05:10 PM

1,066 posts, read 2,071,537 times
Yeah, he has no idea what he is talking about in that post! Homer

Old 04-02-2013, 01:59 PM

1,123 posts, read 3,109,912 times
He's not completely wrong (except for the 'snoozer' thing). The liberal population in Denver is really starting to abuse the rural rest of the state just like NYC and Chicago have done to their respective 'upstate'/'downstate' population. It is somewhat depressing for the outlook of conservatives.

Old 04-02-2013, 02:04 PM

9,961 posts, read 17,515,379 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dude_reino View Post
He's not completely wrong (except for the 'snoozer' thing). The liberal population in Denver is really starting to abuse the rural rest of the state just like NYC and Chicago have done to their respective 'upstate'/'downstate' population. It is somewhat depressing for the outlook of conservatives.
I thought according to a certain poster there is absolutely nothing liberal at all about Denver? At least that's what this person says in every single post on here...

Old 04-02-2013, 08:37 PM

15,408 posts, read 6,193,338 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by berger123 View Post
One more thing a poster above said outside of Salt Lake Utah has no nightlife, have you ever heard of 25th street in Ogden? Welcome to Historic 25th Street Ogden, Utah!
No, I have not heard of that street, but I have heard of Ogden and thought alcohol was severely restricted there. Ogden is part of the greater SLC metro I believe. I believe it is north of SLC. BTW, when did Ogden stop being a "dry" city? It must have been a recent change. I could have it mistaken with another Utah city. I did not visit Ogden on my trip.

Old 04-02-2013, 08:43 PM

The Utah supporters definitely have the right to quibble about perceived inaccuracies in describing it. However, at the end of the day the vote was 50-9 for Colorado. Even if they convinced a dozen people to change their minds (doubtful) the vote ends up a still decisive 38-21 for Colorado. The better comparison for Utah would be to Idaho. I may even look for a thread on hat topic. You have a chance to win that one. Just admit it is not as good as Colorado and thanks for sharing your facts and viewpoints.

Old 04-02-2013, 09:14 PM

2,561 posts, read 5,811,395 times
I voted Colorado not only as a homer but I do enjoy the social climate much more than Utah. On the flipside people who have not visited Utah don't know what they are missing in the way of scenery. Check out Arches, Zion and a host of other towns & regions in that state and come back on this site and say it's not worthy of high praise when it comes to majestic beauty. Utah is very underrated IMO.

Old 04-03-2013, 08:11 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,877,928 times
Colorado.

You just can't beat the good mix of urban and mountain culture there. Salt Lake City and Park City would be a great place to live. I love the area, but Denver, the entire front range and all the ski towns and national parks etc of CO win this easily for me.

Old 04-04-2013, 01:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott5280 View Post
I voted Colorado not only as a homer but I do enjoy the social climate much more than Utah. On the flipside people who have not visited Utah don't know what they are missing in the way of scenery. Check out Arches, Zion and a host of other towns & regions in that state and come back on this site and say it's not worthy of high praise when it comes to majestic beauty. Utah is very underrated IMO.
Even though I voted for Colorado, I agree with your praise for Arches and Zion NP's. Bryce NP is especially beautiful. I would rate it as a must see for anyone visiting southern Utah. I do believe Utah would rate above Wyoming and Idaho in a poll.

Old 04-04-2013, 07:15 PM

43 posts, read 76,324 times
Utah seems to be more colorful on average.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City