Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city for single guys?
Atlanta 42 45.65%
San Diego 50 54.35%
Voters: 92. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2009, 09:21 AM

23,298 posts, read 43,744,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by back2dc View Post
How can Atlanta claim one of the top singles scenes and one of the top gay scenes at the same time? It seems to contradict one another. No?
Not at all...plenty of room for both, just like in any major city.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-27-2009, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxposure View Post
I'm sorry, but with the demise of Buckhead Village and Backstreet Atlanta, there's no way that it's nightlife blows away San Diego's. Quit living in the past. Today it's Underground Atlanta? No thanks, I can do without the kids and thugs roaming the streets.
Please. The closing of one gay club and a four block entertainment area in a city of 5.5 million does not constitute the death knell of its' entertainment scene. The number of clubs that have risen up to replace these is virtually uncountable.

Old 09-27-2009, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bean View Post
Boy you sure are a grouch.
Is that all you got, peapod?

Old 09-27-2009, 11:08 AM

20 posts, read 35,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Is that all you got, peapod?
You know I'm actually 6 foot 3. Little Bean is my skater name. It's kind of a joke because I'm tall.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:16 AM

20 posts, read 35,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovinDecatur View Post
Not at all...plenty of room for both, just like in any major city.
I think everywhere and all cities is probably the same as you said. There are these rich preppy GQ gay dudes in Adams Morgan that always flirt with me and my friends because they like that skate/punk look. The clubs and lounges in Adams Morgan are kind of overpriced but it's a pick up scene for everyone gay striaght whatever.

San Diego is probably same hook up scene but with the beach bum with beach surfer gay guy deals. Atlanta scene has both but its probably hiphop black gays or something. Im kinda glad everyones agreeing that both straight and gay scenes can coexist in a city and it's not just one or the other because they actually do.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by little bean View Post
I think everywhere and all cities is probably the same as you said. There are these rich preppy GQ gay dudes in Adams Morgan that always flirt with me and my friends because they like that skate/punk look. The clubs and lounges in Adams Morgan are kind of overpriced but it's a pick up scene for everyone gay striaght whatever.

San Diego is probably same hook up scene but with the beach bum with beach surfer gay guy deals. Atlanta scene has both but its probably hiphop black gays or something. Im kinda glad everyones agreeing that both straight and gay scenes can coexist in a city and it's not just one or the other because they actually do.
Honey, if you're 6' 3", I'm sure you do get noticed...

Old 01-08-2010, 09:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,008 times
I'm 29 and I grew up in Georgia but I lived in San Diego for three years. I recently just moved to Atlanta. I loved the nightlife in San Diego..the Gaslamp is awesome. There are tons of bars/clubs that are all in walking distance. And I loved that stretch in Pacific Beach too - Typhoon Saloon, PB Bar and Grill, etc. I don't think I've found the good places in Atlanta yet...where do I need to be going?

Old 01-08-2010, 10:21 PM

804 posts, read 2,393,439 times
Atlanta, sorry SD your really cool, but your not called MAN-Diego for nothing. Though the plus side for San Diego is that it's more accessible to recreational and city amenities, and is far more world class than Atlanta.

Old 01-08-2010, 10:36 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,789,930 times
ATL. I heard it has a HIGH Female to Male ratio.

Old 01-10-2010, 11:28 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,719,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hollywood inquirer View Post
atlanta, sorry sd your really cool, but your not called man-diego for nothing. Though the plus side for san diego is that it's more accessible to recreational and city amenities, and is far more world class than atlanta.
lol!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City