U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-13-2009, 06:00 PM

3,580 posts, read 4,102,858 times
This is music and creativity at its best.....

Kirk Franklin knows how to represent DFW and he does it "Praising God"

YouTube - KIRK FRANKLIN - HOSANA

YouTube - Kirk Franklin - Brighter Day

YouTube - Stomp - Kirk Franklin
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-13-2009, 06:02 PM

13,274 posts, read 12,782,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
This is music and creativity at its best.....

Kirk Franklin knows how to represent DFW and he does it "Praising God"

YouTube - KIRK FRANKLIN - HOSANA

YouTube - Kirk Franklin - Brighter Day

YouTube - Stomp - Kirk Franklin
Kirk Franklin is like the MJ of Gospel.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
All is very true...until those things are re instilled in the music, the only hip hop Im really listening to is Cudi for now. Other than that Im doing a little Jazz, Alternative metal, some pop, some classic rock and, and a lot of instrumentals. And of course the Curtis Mayfield/Willie Hutch old soul type stuff.

...oh yeah, Im not liking country music anymore, it too is sucking right about now...the new young artists arent even really country anymore IMO...this is sad, because this was where Texas music really shined...its what gained Texas its national spotlight as a music mecca..

But I cant say I was the biggest 2pac fan, even when he was alive..he made some of the most hypocritical music Ive ever heard...imo..Im sure his intent was well, but his message was conflicting
That's why I liked Pac. He wasn't one dimensional like MOST rappers. His music was for anybody AND everybody. That's how MOST music is, its contradicting and conflicting, just like the world.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Kirk Franklin is like the MJ of Gospel.
True the man is bad!!!!

Old 10-13-2009, 06:13 PM

Quote:
That's why I liked Pac. He wasn't one dimensional like MOST rappers. His music was for anybody AND everybody. That's how MOST music is, its contradicting and conflicting, just like the world.

Exactly

My favorite poem by Tupac was "Ambition of Adversity"

Take one's adversity
Learn from their misfortune
Learn from their pain
Believe in something
Believe in yourself
Turn adversity into ambition
Now blossom into wealth

Old 10-13-2009, 06:21 PM

Quote:
Exactly

My favorite poem by Tupac was "Ambition of Adversity"

Take one's adversity
Learn from their misfortune
Learn from their pain
Believe in something
Believe in yourself
Turn adversity into ambition
Now blossom into wealth
Pac was simply a poet. That was deep.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:26 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,317,580 times
Quote:
I understand that...but thats just it..he wasnt any different than most artists imo..its just that what he started, has pretty much become formulaic for most rappers nowdays: A couple of dance songs, a few tough guy/bragging songs, a couple of uplifting songs, a couple of mama songs -- rinse, wash, repeat. But, I agree that he was one of the great artists (as far as individual song content, very straight forward wordplay, and a stellar persona) of his genre's era..in hindsight I just think I overrated his talent initially

Old 10-13-2009, 06:32 PM

Quote:
I understand that...but thats just it..he wasnt any different than most artists imo..its just that what he started, has pretty much become formulaic for most rappers nowdays: A couple of dance songs, a few tough guy/bragging songs, a couple of uplifting songs, a couple of mama songs -- rinse, wash, repeat. But, I agree that he was one of the great artists (as far as individual song content, very straight forward wordplay, and a stellar persona) of his genre's era..in hindsight I just think I overrated his talent initially
Pac is nothing like these rappers today but I understand your logic. These rapper today do it for money and they don't have the vocabulary of Tupac let alone the lyrical capacity. Pac did it for the genearl love of people.

YouTube - Tupac - Me Against The World

Old 10-13-2009, 06:36 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,317,580 times
Quote:
These rapper today do it for money Pac did it for the genearl love of people.
now this, I think, is very true...I do think he did it for the general love of people...thats why I think his intent was well.

Old 10-13-2009, 06:49 PM

Quote:
now this, I think, is very true...I do think he did it for the general love of people...thats why I think his intent was well.

Yea overall I think gangsta rap crippled black america. That breed of music along with the crips and bloods migrated through out the country and had a big impact on the young black youth. Too many young black men loss there lives over senseless activities.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City