Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-06-2009, 07:05 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,155,936 times

Advertisements

Lakewood is the center of the universe! Nothing else matters
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-06-2009, 07:34 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,937,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Nope, Austin is.

Old 10-07-2009, 06:10 PM

737 posts, read 1,176,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Lakewood is awesome, but Uptown is pretty chill too

Old 10-10-2009, 06:50 PM

42 posts, read 124,923 times
I am Hispanic and have to say I'm disappointed in Houston's "diversity".
I'm constantly being called a Mexican because the Hispanic population here is greatly made up of them.

I'd love to visit Dallas. My family just moved from North Carolina and I have a friend living in FTW (Keller).

The weather looks much better and there is so much more to do.

The Houston area doesn't even have an operating theme park. What a shame

Old 10-10-2009, 08:05 PM

103 posts, read 314,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LAnative10 View Post
I think I can read into this a little bit. One thing Ive noticed about Dallas is the black community tries harder to keep itself seperate way more so than Ive seen in other cities like Houston or LA. Latinos, Whites, and Asians in Dallas are integrated quite well, but African Americans here try hard to be amongst themselves. I cant figure it out. I know its definately not that way in Houston.

really I didnt know that! But the blacks here in Houston are always saying the blacks in Dallas are more "country" or "hick" than the blacks in Houston.??? So that is another facter I didnt get. I thought since Dallas is so upscale and snobbier than Houston, it aplys to all races in Dallas?

Old 10-10-2009, 08:32 PM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lildevited View Post
I'm constantly being called a Mexican because the Hispanic population here is greatly made up of them.

I'd love to visit Dallas. My family just moved from North Carolina and I have a friend living in FTW (Keller).

Funny post.

Old 10-10-2009, 08:35 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,206,894 times
Quote:

Ugh, I know how you feel! I'm always being called black, but I'm really brown.

Old 10-10-2009, 09:46 PM

10,216 posts, read 8,116,580 times
Quote:

I am mostly Greek, but constantly people think I am Hispanic but its no big deal. I think where ever you go, except probably Miami, people are going to think any Hispanic person is Mexican. I don't see what the big deal. Most people wouldn't be able to tell an English person from a Belgian. Most people non- Whites think all white people are the same. No big deal.

Old 10-11-2009, 12:15 AM

20,515 posts, read 33,531,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dv1033 View Post
I am mostly Greek, but constantly people think I am Hispanic but its no big deal. I think where ever you go, except probably Miami, people are going to think any Hispanic person is Mexican. I don't see what the big deal. Most people wouldn't be able to tell an English person from a Belgian. Most people non- Whites think all white people are the same. No big deal.
Miami? Nope. If you are Hispanic, people will think you are Cuban. But you made a good point nonetheless.

Old 10-11-2009, 02:16 PM

42 posts, read 124,923 times
Ironic much?
I was actually born in Miami and moved when I was 7. We still visit a lot though. And I do agree, while nobody was classified as Mexican, you were classified as Cuban. Unless you had brown skin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City