Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-03-2009, 10:55 AM

957 posts, read 1,132,740 times

Advertisements

If forced to chose between a great scenery , one provided with all your plus you love the most , say 4 seasons for example , and a house , also this provided with the best for you like say a great garden , well what would you rather choose?
the scenery first , even if the house is not that great?
or the house first , regardless the scenery?
and if this ain't just on an abstract talk but you actually found youself in the past into this kind of crossroad , then what have you chosen?and did you ever repent the choice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-03-2009, 11:33 AM

5,969 posts, read 9,557,279 times
Scenery, preferably urban scenery.

Old 10-03-2009, 11:37 AM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,787 times
scenery

Old 10-03-2009, 11:49 AM

12,384 posts, read 28,500,336 times
scenery easily... col/getting a bigger house has never been much of a draw... you get what you pay for give or take and I'd rather let go of some unnecessary things (bigger house, nicer car, premium cable, etc) to get some of the more necessary ones for my happiness. I live pretty minimalist as far as material things go. I've done the having more stuff, bigger place in what I consider a less desirable area of the country... I was bored out of my mind with options of things to do, outdoors, city provided amenities as well as didn't get along well with the type of people those areas attract...overall unhappy.

Old 10-03-2009, 12:31 PM

2,242 posts, read 6,238,787 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Billiam View Post
Most Definenlty the House

Example: bad scenery (located in the plains)

source (http://www.flickr.com/photos/army_arch/383285148/ - broken link)

Great scenery

source
My scenery has to be beautiful buildings.

I dont care if I live in a small studio.

I can always be outside

Old 10-03-2009, 02:03 PM

5,251 posts, read 13,810,922 times
I like the house itself far more.
My favorite house i've lived in growing up was located in one of the most least attractive areas that I've lived in.

It was a single family 3 bedroom nice backyard, nice front yard home with a nice front porch that had a great view of the
back of an A&P grocery store where the trucks unload.
The house was right behind a big shopping plaza! so what I saw was the back of the store business which was beyond ugly.
It was the nicest home we owed, and I thought it was a great town to grow up in. Parks and lakes were a couple blocks away, so it wasn't a big deal to have it in eyes view if i can just take a walk to enjoy it.

My house now is in a nicer location in a residential neighborhood on a steep ass hill (which is attractive to a lot of people for some reason), but the house itself doesn't compare since it's now a 2 family... but that shopping plaza was a lot more convenient now that i think about it ..

Old 10-03-2009, 02:08 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,649 times
Scenery. I have a nice house in Florida, but I would trade it in for a not as nice one in a place with 4 Seasons.

4,923 posts, read 11,186,506 times
Scenery first. I can always fix, remodel or build the house I like, but it's kind of tough to build a mountain range and then forest it and populate it with lakes and animals...

11,326 posts, read 20,324,530 times
I'm really torn, the apartment we live in now is fairly big and the scenery around us is okay. I know I wouldn't want to live in a trailer if it was by beautiful mountains or a tricked out loft in a heavily industrial area.

1,020 posts, read 2,754,224 times
Scenery. I'd rather have a house that was nothing special located in the middle of a big plot of forested land (that I own) and a nice hilltop view than a great house in town. In fact, I couldn't live in town, I've spent nights staying with relatives and such in the city and the constant urban noises keep me awake all night (might not be the case in a high-rise apartment, however). In the forest, all I have to deal with are animal noises, and I've gotten used to them, so it works better for me.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City