Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-05-2009, 03:28 PM

1,250 posts, read 4,783,732 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNationsCapital View Post
*YAWN* MOST AMERICANS ARE FAT. And eat McDonalds!!! And shop at Wal-Mart!!! And live in bland suburbia! Who gives a crap where most Americans want to live??????????????????

The only ones who matter is young processionals and they choose DC well over SF! DC is #1 magnet!!! This list is diluted by average Americans who are fat people who live in Texas and tract cookie cutter homes.
LOL @ Processionals.

And I bet this is from someone from SF who created this screenname in an attempt to make DCers look bad.

Or someone from DC who created this name so people would think it was someone from SF who created this screenname in an attempt to make DCers look bad.

Or someone from SF who created this name so people would think it was someone from DC who created this name so people would think it was someone from SF who created this screenname in an attempt to make DCers look bad.

Or someone from neither place who just wants to start an argument..lol.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2009, 03:34 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,185,234 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheNationsCapital View Post
*YAWN* MOST AMERICANS ARE FAT. And eat McDonalds!!! And shop at Wal-Mart!!! And live in bland suburbia! Who gives a crap where most Americans want to live??????????????????

The only ones who matter is young processionals and they choose DC well over SF! DC is #1 magnet!!! This list is diluted by average Americans who are fat people who live in Texas and tract cookie cutter homes.
I somewhat agree with you but I'm going reword it in a nicer way. The list is diluted by suburbanite parents who want to live in safe communities with job security and and a good environment for raising kids. That is probably why Texas, Cali, and Orlando are so high and LA is so low.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:36 PM

5,643 posts, read 9,655,049 times
Default Where do these young professionals go

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpk-nyc View Post
It shows the difference between cities and suburbs. If a person wants to move to a city proper, the state is almost irrelevant. If a person wants to move to a state, he or she is probably thinking about a suburb. The top states (except for Hawaii) are known for their suburban qualities (California, Florida, Texas, Colorado, Arizona and North Carolina).

Thus people want to live in California, but not in LA; Arizona, but not in Phoenix. The converse is true as well. People want to live in New York City, but not New York State.
when they get married and want to start families? Do they want to give up their good jobs in NYC then to move to another state? No, that is when they move to the burbs and KEEP their NYC jobs and commute.

You cannot say young professionals. You have to say young, SINGLE professionals.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:49 PM

15,982 posts, read 35,197,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
I somewhat agree with you but I'm going reword it in a nicer way. The list is diluted by suburbanite parents who want to live in safe communities with job security and and a good environment for raising kids. That is probably why Texas, Cali, and Orlando are so high and LA is so low.
Can we really say safe when Texas, Florida, and Cali have 3 of the highest crimes rates in the country?? Suburban=/=Safe.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:53 PM

The suburbs and small towns are. It's the cities that have a bad crime rate. In Texas, most of those number come from Houston, Dallas, and the border cities.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:55 PM

Quote:
The suburbs and small towns are. It's the cities that have a bad crime rate. In Texas, most of those number come from Houston, Dallas, and the border cities.
Actually your wrong. You have Beaumont, Port Arthur, Texarkana, Killeen, Waco, and more. All these cities have reasonably high crime rates.

Old 10-05-2009, 03:59 PM

OK. But Round Rock, Denton, College Station, New Braunfels, and San Marcus do not have a high crime rate. I guess it depends on which small towns your talking about.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:00 PM

Quote:
OK. But Round Rock, Denton, College Station, New Braunfels, and San Marcus do not have a high crime rate. I guess it depends on which small towns your talking about.
True.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:02 PM

358 posts, read 754,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bizchick86 View Post
While I can agree that it's a beatiful city, I don't know why people rank San Diego so highly. The weather's great, but the buildings look old, homes are overpriced, and it feels uber-bland. Maybe the weather is enough to convince people. People talk about the sunbelt's sprawl, San Diego feels like one huge suburb.

I enjoy my visits there, but not enough to rank it 1st in the country or just one spot behind NYC!
It's hilarious that someone in Atlanta would call San Diego uber-bland. You know when you are in San Diego because there are few places like it. When in Atlanta, you may as well be in Charlotte, Nashville or Dallas. Looks all the same to me. How can you complain about San Diego's sprawl when Atlanta has some of the worse there is? You are funny, bizchick.

Old 10-05-2009, 04:04 PM

36,653 posts, read 67,482,823 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 540_804 View Post
LOL @ Processionals.

And I bet this is from someone from SF who created this screenname in an attempt to make DCers look bad.

Or someone from DC who created this name so people would think it was someone from SF who created this screenname in an attempt to make DCers look bad.

Or someone from SF who created this name so people would think it was someone from DC who created this name so people would think it was someone from SF who created this screenname in an attempt to make DCers look bad.

Or someone from neither place who just wants to start an argument..lol.
only has 2 posts and both are trolls. not a promising sign. LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City