U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which city has more rude sports fans, Philadelphia or Boston
Philly 31 65.96%
Boston 16 34.04%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 05-05-2010, 08:44 PM

7,413 posts, read 3,097,032 times
Quote:
tmac9wr
We're tied 1-1 with Cleveland, while playing at Cleveland...and we probably should have won game 1. Regardless, I'm feeling ok about the series.
Last year Orlando took out the Celtics before beating the Cavs. Those are the 2 powerhouse teams this year as well. But this year Boston is playing Cleveland & no one is betting on the Celtics.

Quote:
Dude, what are you even talking about? The Celtics-Lakers rivalry in the Finals is 8-2 in favor of the Celtics...how do we get our butts kicked?
I know historically that Boston is one of the top 3 teams [Bulls & Lakers the other 2]. 2008 was a humbling experience for LA but 2009 made up for it. How many championships has Boston had in the past 10 years?

Quote:
You're living in such a fantasy world (la la land?) it's not even funny. Between this subject and your constant claims that Los Angeles is somehow more important than New York...I don't know what to say.
What? I've never suggested that NYC is more important than LA but rather that they are equally important [New York in finance\ U.N.\ old world culture vs Los Angeles' entertainment capitol\ new world culture].

Old 05-05-2010, 10:15 PM

6,289 posts, read 7,391,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by californio sur View Post
Last year Orlando took out the Celtics before beating the Cavs. Those are the 2 powerhouse teams this year as well. But this year Boston is playing Cleveland & no one is betting on the Celtics.
Thank you Mr. Las Vegas!

Quote:
I know historically that Boston is one of the top 3 teams [Bulls & Lakers the other 2]. 2008 was a humbling experience for LA but 2009 made up for it. How many championships has Boston had in the past 10 years?
Boston is historically a top 3 team? More like the Top 1 team. You guys (the Lakers) have had much more recent success than us though. The Bulls? Are you serious? Mentioning the Bulls with the Celtics or Lakers is a bit ridiculous. The Celts and Lakers both have three times as many championships...

Quote:
What? I've never suggested that NYC is more important than LA but rather that they are equally important [New York in finance\ U.N.\ old world culture vs Los Angeles' entertainment capitol\ new world culture].
No, you've never suggested NYC is more important...which is why you're totally retarded. It must be sun poisoning. In terms of world-wide importance, Los Angeles is a sick joke compared to New York City.

Old 05-05-2010, 10:24 PM

9,118 posts, read 20,962,297 times
Since this topic is negative enough as-is, and no one can play nice and discuss it in a civil manner....

(sound of door closing)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.