Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:23 PM

2,419 posts, read 4,720,490 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
Look how small CC is LOL.

CC Philly

DC's DT is so big that they could never capture it on just one single Picture shot. I can fit CC in my back pocket LOL. With a DT that small like CC is it better be Vibrant or it would be a sham.

DT DC

DT DC could literally Swallow CC and for the record people live in DT DC too, just not as much as Philly because in DC it's where most people work, play, and shop. Not sleep. Nieghborhoods like Dupont Circle, LoganCircle and Foggybottom could rival against any DT Philly neighborhood and it wouldn't suprise me if they would all come out on top.

DuPont Circle (DT DC Neighborhood)

Logan Circle (DT DC Nieghborhood)

Foggy Bottom (DT DC Neighborhood)

CC Philly would mop the floor who????? maybe some other City but definitely not DC. First of all CC is way to small and for it to be so small with the kind of density that Philly Niegborhoods have I wouldn't expect CC to be anything less than Vibrant. It better be, with all of those people in such a small little area. I was just in Philly 2 months ago and it only took us about 7 minutes to walk from one side of CC to the other LMAOO. The only reason I could see that people would think that it feels big is because the buildings are tall, but it ends there.
What actually constitutes DT Philly is debatable, but for some reason you insist on including a much larger land area in DT DC, than you'll give to DT Philly, which is ridiculous considering that DT Philly is much more densely populated over a much larger area, so it's bigger no matter how you slice it. Within the same land area your giving DT DC, Philly has, CC,University City, parts of South Philly, and Lower North Philly.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 01:29 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,069,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
What actually constitutes DT Philly is debatable, but for some reason you insist on including a much larger land area in DT DC, than you'll give to DT Philly, which is ridiculous considering that DT Philly is much more densely populated over a much larger area, so it's bigger no matter how you slice it. Within the same land area your giving DT DC, Philly has, CC,University City, parts of South Philly, and Lower North Philly.
Yeah, but if I'm not Mistaken we were only talking about CC Philly and not the whole DT Philly as a whole, so if that's the case then CC is mad small to be comparing to DC's Whole DT area. DT Philly as a whole is still a lot smaller than DC's DT, but nevertheless it's still more Densely populated simply because it has more "Neighborhoods" (Which means more people living in DT Philly) than DC does and for a city that's more than twice the size as DC we all would expect that anyway's.

the City of Philly as a whole is bigger than DC "Landwise", but DC's DT as a whole is bigger than Philly's. <-- Now That's how you slice it.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:37 PM

Quote:
Yeah, but if I'm not Mistaken we were only talking about CC Philly and not the whole DT Philly as a whole, so if that's the case then CC is mad small to be comparing to DC's Whole DT area. DT Philly as a whole is still a lot smaller than DC's DT, but nevertheless it's still more Densely populated simply because it has more "Neighborhoods" (Which means more people living in DT Philly) than DC does and for a city that's more than twice the size as DC we all would expect that anyway's.
How is DT Philly smaller than DT DC? At a one mile radious from the core, Philly has more people, at a 2 mile radious, Philly has more people, at a 5 mile radious Philly has more people, at a ten mile radious, Philly has more people. How is DT DC alot bigger than DT Philly again? Please no spin where you include 5 square miles for DC and a 1/2 a mile for Philly. Lets have an equal standard, which one is bigger in a 1 mile radious from the core.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:39 PM

38 posts, read 96,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Your from b-more nuff said lol
Philly ain't shxt but a larger Baltimore mixed with a fake ass NYC....
People from Philly have no right to go on any other city lol.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:40 PM
rah

3,314 posts, read 9,233,250 times
Apparently "Baltimore" and "San Francisco" are codewords for "let's hijack the thread and turn it into a pissing match between Philadelphia and Washington DC". I wish i was surprised...

Old 03-27-2011, 01:46 PM
DMV

Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
How is DT Philly smaller than DT DC? At a one mile radious from the core, Philly has more people, at a 2 mile radious, Philly has more people, at a 5 mile radious Philly has more people, at a ten mile radious, Philly has more people. How is DT DC alot bigger than DT Philly again? Please no spin where you include 5 square miles for DC and a 1/2 a mile for Philly. Lets have an equal standard, which one is bigger in a 1 mile radious from the core.
What are you talking about? Im not talking about the amount of people that it has Im talking about in sheer size. Block for Block DC's DT is way bigger than Philly's. Did you not know that? Did you know that DC's DT is the second largest DT only after Manhattan's DT?

Old 03-27-2011, 01:48 PM

38 posts, read 96,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
The only thing DC has on Philly is beautiful women. DC is an overrated city.

I gotta bring this up.
People on here from certain cities talk entirely too much shxt about D.C. either directly or on the slick tip. Most of the time these people happen to be from Philly or NYC or SF. Posters from these cities od way too much dick eatin', especially Philly. So for the sake of this diverted topic I'm just going to go ham on Philly right quick. Philly is on NYC's nuts because they wanna be NYC so bad but they never will. Philly is NYC's hoe.

I think they have resentment because they we're once the capitol but D.C. was founded and that went away. Philly is the largest most pointless city in America as of now. Y'all can have ya'll 10 foot wide streets, crumbling rowhouses, horrible POS of a subway system, and fake NYC swag. Y'all too damn cocky for ya own good ya needa stay in ya place.

*****SHOTS FIRED*****

/thread

Old 03-27-2011, 01:55 PM

Quote:
What are you talking about? Im talking about the amount of people that it has Im talking about in sheer size. Block for Block DC's DT is way bigger than Philly's. Did you knot know that? Did you know that DC's DT is the second largest DT only after Manhattan's DT?
Ohh. I see you mean it takes up more space(sprawls more) not really that it's bigger. I guess that kinda makes sense considering that DC can't build up, so must build out.

Old 03-27-2011, 01:55 PM
DMV

Anyways, just to get back on topic Bmore is about as Southern as SF is Southwestern, so in that case neither of them are Southern.

Old 03-27-2011, 02:21 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,875,478 times
Even going by the pick-and-choose land area comparison that some here are using, why is "size" of downtown more important than vibrancy and number of people living there? Doesn't make any sense to me. DMV, great pics of both cities, although imo Philly looks better out of those two pics, probably because the Liberty Place towers are shining.

And nobody in Philly ever pretends to be NYC, ever. In fact, at least on C-D it's always DC posters claiming they are better than every city, "besides NYC." DC posters on this forum bring up New York more than anyone else.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City