Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-27-2011, 08:57 PM
DMV

559 posts, read 1,070,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by soug View Post
These types of comments are why you have 460 posts but less than a hundred rep points. You clearly don't have love for Philly. You're fake.
I honestly could care less about any rep points and if I want some trust me I know how to get them. Ohh and how am I fake for letting the kid know how most ppl view Philly? I have tons of friends and family that lives in Philly, but even they know what most ppl say and think of Philly so what's the difference. How can someone be fake for being honest with you about your city weather it be good or bad rep? If anything it should be considered complete honesty. Should I not be honest then? No person or place is perfect, but philly does have more cons than DC does and thats all Im saying.

Btw Bmore is not Southern, just to stay on topic and blame the Philly kids for hijacking this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-27-2011, 09:09 PM

1,953 posts, read 3,876,609 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
I honestly could care less about any rep points and if I want some trust me I know how to get them.
Yea, maybe by showing some respect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DMV View Post
Ohh and how am I fake for letting the kid know how most ppl view Philly?
That's the thing, I completely disagree with you. Everyone I've ever met who's actually been to Philly loved it. People call it Illadelph for a reason, cause it's a good time. And most people I've talked to who have never been to Philly have just thought that it was a great yet underrated city. So maybe we just hang out in different circles but I disagree with your basic premise.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:29 AM

26 posts, read 20,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
So your from dirty SF. That filthy bum town. That place is full of ugly stinky hippies and it smells like **** everywhere. It's full of f**s and it is highly overrated. Philly has a lower crime rate than DC. If you think Philly is a war zone then what is DC.
SF and Washington are more desirable than Philly

Harris Interactive: Harris Vault
1. NYC
2. San Francisco
3. San Diego
4. Seattle
5. Las Vegas
6. Honolulu
7. Atlanta
8. Chicago
9. Boston
10. Los Angeles
11. Portland
12. Phoenix
13. Orlando
14. Austin
15. Houston

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/pubs/Harris_Poll_2009_10_05.pdf (broken link)
1. NYC
= 2. Denver
= 2. San Francisco
4. San Diego
5. Seattle
6. Chicago
7. Boston
8. Las Vegas
9. Washington, DC
10. Dallas
11. Austin
12. Nashville
13. Atlanta
14. Houston
15. Los Angeles

Harris Interactive: Harris Polls > New York City, San Diego and Las Vegas Top List of Cities People Would Like to Live In or Near
1. NYC
2. San Diego
3. Las Vegas
4. Seattle
5. San Francisco
6. Los Angeles
= 7. Nashville
= 7. Atlanta
9. Denver
10. Boston

Philly has never been on the list for most desirable cities, even dumps like Orlando and Phoenix have LOL

Last edited by Marco Polo; 03-28-2011 at 12:41 AM..

Old 03-28-2011, 12:48 AM

1,031 posts, read 2,708,883 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marco Polo View Post
SF and Washington are more desirable than Philly

Harris Interactive: Harris Vault
1. NYC
2. San Francisco
3. San Diego
4. Seattle
5. Las Vegas
6. Honolulu
7. Atlanta
8. Chicago
9. Boston
10. Los Angeles
11. Portland
12. Phoenix
13. Orlando
14. Austin
15. Houston

http://www.harrisinteractive.com/harris_poll/pubs/Harris_Poll_2009_10_05.pdf (broken link)
1. NYC
= 2. Denver
= 2. San Francisco
4. San Diego
5. Seattle
6. Chicago
7. Boston
8. Las Vegas
9. Washington, DC
10. Dallas
11. Austin
12. Nashville
13. Atlanta
14. Houston
15. Los Angeles

Harris Interactive: Harris Polls > New York City, San Diego and Las Vegas Top List of Cities People Would Like to Live In or Near
1. NYC
2. San Diego
3. Las Vegas
4. Seattle
5. San Francisco
6. Los Angeles
= 7. Nashville
= 7. Atlanta
9. Denver
10. Boston

Philly has never been on the list for most desirable cities, even dumps like Orlando and Phoenix have LOL
Someone is really mad at Philly
Seriously, the animosity is astounding

Old 03-28-2011, 01:08 AM

418 posts, read 809,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
even tho the thread was hijacked, this Philly vs DC battle is entertaining

Old 03-28-2011, 01:18 AM

26 posts, read 20,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Sweetkisses* View Post
SF and DC are superior to Philly in every way. When you say Philly most think of senile therapists named "Phil" or truck stops between NYC and DC- Philly aka flyover territory is good for take out sandwiches from NYC to DC when your not getting robbed at gun point in that war zone. Philly is a third rate undesirable city that only Philadelphians and other poors care for

Last edited by Marco Polo; 03-28-2011 at 01:35 AM..

Old 03-28-2011, 07:31 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,286 times
This is a little ridiculous, everyone knows that Philadelphia's a beast. It is top notch when it comes to:

*Neighborhoods (Society Hill, Olde city, University City, and many more). Not really a hood but who'd be favored in a Mainline/NoVa/whatever SF's major burb area is?

*Higher education (everyone knows about this but I'll just mention one school, nothing in depth...DU).

Philly offers more than San Fran when it comes to education. DC may tie it in education, I don't know, but I do know that Boston has the better rep but Philly doesn't really take a back seat to 97% of the cities out there.

*History- I'll let y'all take a wild guess here, you tell me who excels in this category, I'm really slipping.

*Sports-Eagles and Flyers vs Skins and Caps (oh, and 49ers), Philly has this. Baseball wise, I will say that Phillies fans are pretty crappy and bandwagonish overall, you'll see what I mean in a couple of years (same thing happened with the 76ers).

*Basketball tournaments-Big Five Basketball @ The Pelestra vs....

*Food-Philly's more than cheesesteaks, that's for sure.

There's more though but I'll stop*

*I'm from ATL not Philly so I'm using my objectivity here. I think a lot of people are shortchanging Philly in this thread.

Old 03-28-2011, 08:08 AM

5,347 posts, read 10,156,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alleyne View Post
This is a little ridiculous, everyone knows that Philadelphia's a beast. It is top notch when it comes to:

*Neighborhoods (Society Hill, Olde city, University City, and many more). Not really a hood but who'd be favored in a Mainline/NoVa/whatever SF's major burb area is?

Hmmmmm - Ever heard of Georgetown or Capitol Hill

*Higher education (everyone knows about this but I'll just mention one school, nothing in depth...DU).

Philly offers more than San Fran when it comes to education. DC may tie it in education, I don't know, but I do know that Boston has the better rep but Philly doesn't really take a back seat to 97% of the cities out there.

*History- I'll let y'all take a wild guess here, you tell me who excels in this category, I'm really slipping.

*Sports-Eagles and Flyers vs Skins and Caps (oh, and 49ers), Philly has this. Baseball wise, I will say that Phillies fans are pretty crappy and bandwagonish overall, you'll see what I mean in a couple of years (same thing happened with the 76ers).

Philly has what? No superbowls. Skins are one of the richest teams in all of sports behind the Cowboys and ahead of the Yankees

*Basketball tournaments-Big Five Basketball @ The Pelestra vs....

DC is a basketball mecca on the east coast. Do some research.

*Food-Philly's more than cheesesteaks, that's for sure.

I agree!

There's more though but I'll stop*

*I'm from ATL not Philly so I'm using my objectivity here. I think a lot of people are shortchanging Philly in this thread.
I fixed it for you.

Old 03-28-2011, 09:00 AM

2,757 posts, read 5,643,286 times
DC's Finest, yes I've heard of Georgetown & Capitol Hill & I think they're great but Philly seems like the total package to me.

To me Callowhill has a little Castleberry Hill in it in my opinion. I think that's nice to me. There are more neighborhoods that I can talk about but the topic's downtown & I'm already off topic but both cities have a lot to offer but I happen to have more Philly connects so my access to that city is greater. I have to check out more of DC though.

Philly Basketball
(what matters anyway)
Kobe
Wilt
Tyreke Evans
Black Magic
J. Nelson
Rasheed Wallace

A Philadelphia resident can expound on this because my status is that of an out-of-towner.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:48 PM

5,347 posts, read 10,156,819 times
Fixed it for you!

Philly Basketball (what matters anyway)
Kobe - Kevin Durant
Wilt - Elgin Baylor, Dave Bing, Adrian Dantley,
Tyreke Evans - Ty Lawson, Roger Mason, Jr, Black Magic - Michael Beasely
J. Nelson - Delonte West (His back court mate at St. Joe's)
Rasheed Wallace - Grant Hill, Steve Francis, Johnny Dawkins, Danny Ferry, Len Bias, Walt Williams, etc......... I can name 50 more if you like.

DC, NYC and CHI dominates the bball scene.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City