U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-28-2011, 03:15 PM

420 posts, read 655,372 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Fixed it for you!

Philly Basketball (what matters anyway)
Kobe - Kevin Durant
Wilt - Elgin Baylor, Dave Bing, Adrian Dantley,
Tyreke Evans - Ty Lawson, Roger Mason, Jr, Black Magic - Michael Beasely
J. Nelson - Delonte West (His back court mate at St. Joe's)
Rasheed Wallace - Grant Hill, Steve Francis, Johnny Dawkins, Danny Ferry, Len Bias, Walt Williams, etc......... I can name 50 more if you like.

DC, NYC and CHI dominates the bball scene.
do the still run n shoots down there... I'm come down and embarrass a few wa****onians.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-28-2011, 04:49 PM

2,758 posts, read 4,823,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Fixed it for you!

Philly Basketball (what matters anyway)
Kobe - Kevin Durant
Wilt - Elgin Baylor, Dave Bing, Adrian Dantley,
Tyreke Evans - Ty Lawson, Roger Mason, Jr, Black Magic - Michael Beasely
J. Nelson - Delonte West (His back court mate at St. Joe's)
Rasheed Wallace - Grant Hill, Steve Francis, Johnny Dawkins, Danny Ferry, Len Bias, Walt Williams, etc......... I can name 50 more if you like.

DC, NYC and CHI dominates the bball scene.
KB24 vs K. Durant (not yet and plus he has to have the jewelry when his career's over...don't hold your breath man).

The second row is legit

Third row? I'm glad that I wasn't drinking anything, I would've choked to death. Roger Mason Jr? This guy's only averaging 1 ppg this year. Beasely can't mess with Monroe, so no.

4th row-Delonte does have pretty good game (ask Gloria James) but on the court, he's just a career backup.

The 5th row's legit though

Growing up, I had a friend from Philly and his father used to tell me how serious the playground scene was. Long story short, they're for real up there.

Old 03-28-2011, 04:53 PM

9,972 posts, read 14,122,233 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bchris02 View Post
Southern California has quite a bit of Southwestern/Hispanic influence especially in architecture, so on appearances alone you could say its Southwestern. Culturally however it is quite different from Phoenix and Albuquerque, which are true Southwestern cities.
Southern California is basically where the Mission Revival architecture style was popularized in the early part of last century. However while it drew on California's original Spanish missions and influenced the neighboring Southwest states to some degree, there is a different style in the true Southwest--including the adobe buildings you see in parts of Tucson and Albuquerque and all over Santa Fe and Taos. Culturally Arizona and New Mexico has more of a mix of Native American and the old Hispanic culture passed on by the original settlers than California---which is much more of a unique Chicano culture to some degree.

Old 03-29-2011, 02:31 PM

4,946 posts, read 8,310,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by David Alleyne View Post
KB24 vs K. Durant (not yet and plus he has to have the jewelry when his career's over...don't hold your breath man).

The second row is legit

Third row? I'm glad that I wasn't drinking anything, I would've choked to death. Roger Mason Jr? This guy's only averaging 1 ppg this year. Beasely can't mess with Monroe, so no.

4th row-Delonte does have pretty good game (ask Gloria James) but on the court, he's just a career backup.

The 5th row's legit though

Growing up, I had a friend from Philly and his father used to tell me how serious the playground scene was. Long story short, they're for real up there.
I can't take anything away from Philly. They can hoop with the best of them. Right now if I was a GM, I would take Durant over a 32 year old KB. Kobe is a beast but I don't like dudes who snitch. "Shaq did it too" LOL
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or