U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-24-2011, 08:56 AM
 
22,770 posts, read 25,209,535 times
Reputation: 14506

Advertisements

Are bananas as appleish, as blueberries are orangeish?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-24-2011, 09:46 AM
 
1,225 posts, read 1,507,154 times
Reputation: 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Right! That's why DC doubled up Philly on another thread about what city is more fast paced. Your hillbilly cousins from the mountains in PA are slow just like Philly. Nephi you are 0-2.
Ay yo my man just stop yourself. Your making a fool of yourself. You gonna let a little cd poll gas you up? A cd poll does not reflect reality in many cases. Dc is southern just admit it. Philly is faster, more urban, bigger city, a true northeastern city, better sports city, more diverse, better downtown and more vibrant than DC. I can keep on going on why Philly is superior to Dc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 10:04 AM
 
Location: Muncie, IN
588 posts, read 1,042,018 times
Reputation: 494
I would argue that SF has more to do with the NorthWest than the southwest. Seattle, Portland and then one could argue SF. LA, SD, Bakersfield, thats the south west. Perhaps we are just "the west." I would also say that Baltimore has more to do with the North East but of course not New England.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 10:09 AM
 
Location: East Coast of the United States
15,678 posts, read 18,237,335 times
Reputation: 11189
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Ay yo my man just stop yourself. Your making a fool of yourself. You gonna let a little cd poll gas you up? A cd poll does not reflect reality in many cases. Dc is southern just admit it. Philly is faster, more urban, bigger city, a true northeastern city, better sports city, more diverse, better downtown and more vibrant than DC. I can keep on going on why Philly is superior to Dc.
I guess this post proves once and for all that "southern" will be used in a derogatory way, no matter what people want to pretend.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 01:19 PM
 
4,945 posts, read 8,269,243 times
Reputation: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Ay yo my man just stop yourself. Your making a fool of yourself. You gonna let a little cd poll gas you up? A cd poll does not reflect reality in many cases. Dc is southern just admit it. Philly is faster, more urban, bigger city, a true northeastern city, better sports city, more diverse, better downtown and more vibrant than DC. I can keep on going on why Philly is superior to Dc.


Homey, if DC was southern, I would be the first to say it is but it isn't by any stretch of the imaginiation. The people in DC are way more sophisticated, educated and cosmopolitan than anything in Philly. Most of your residents are only a generation or two removed from the mountains. DC's black population is more wealthy and established than their counterparts in Philly. By no means is Philly faster than DC. It's fatter but not faster. You will be a better sports city when Philly wins at least ONE SUPERBOWL. Just 1! As for vibrancy, Philly has no answer for Chinatown, Georgetown, Dupont Circle or Adams Morgan. Like I mentioned to you on several occassions. The Philly party bus departs Center City at 4:30 pm on Friday. Arrives in DC at 6:30 pm and leaves DC at 3:00 am.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 02:54 PM
 
1,225 posts, read 1,507,154 times
Reputation: 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
Homey, if DC was southern, I would be the first to say it is but it isn't by any stretch of the imaginiation. The people in DC are way more sophisticated, educated and cosmopolitan than anything in Philly. Most of your residents are only a generation or two removed from the mountains. DC's black population is more wealthy and established than their counterparts in Philly. By no means is Philly faster than DC. It's fatter but not faster. You will be a better sports city when Philly wins at least ONE SUPERBOWL. Just 1! As for vibrancy, Philly has no answer for Chinatown, Georgetown, Dupont Circle or Adams Morgan. Like I mentioned to you on several occassions. The Philly party bus departs Center City at 4:30 pm on Friday. Arrives in DC at 6:30 pm and leaves DC at 3:00 am.
Philly is hands down a better sports city than DC, we won more chips in every sport except football. Center city is more vibrant than all of DC neighborhoods you mentioned. The mountains wtf are you talking about. No one from Philly is two generations removed from mountains. You sound very ignorant and delusional. Philly's white population is mostly two generations removed from Ireland or Italy. DC has none of that white ethnic population that you would find in northeastern cities like Philly, new york or Boston. DC is factually southern bottom line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 03:10 PM
 
4,945 posts, read 8,269,243 times
Reputation: 2038
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Philly is hands down a better sports city than DC, we won more chips in every sport except football. Center city is more vibrant than all of DC neighborhoods you mentioned. The mountains wtf are you talking about. No one from Philly is two generations removed from mountains. You sound very ignorant and delusional. Philly's white population is mostly two generations removed from Ireland or Italy. DC has none of that white ethnic population that you would find in northeastern cities like Philly, new york or Boston. DC is factually southern bottom line.

EXCEPT FOOTBALL! LLS - Football is the number one sport! Nobody watches baseball and basketball is insignificant until playoff time. CC is so tiny that it should be vibrant. Philly lacks the wall to wall canyons that DC has. It also lacks in the sophistication and cosmo department. As a poor city, Philly is coming along but it's not on DC's level. Philly has no answer for DC's nightlife and fast paced environment. DC's ethnic group is black people. From Marvin Gaye to Duke Ellington to Sugar Ray to Martin Lawrence to Dave Chappelle, no city does blacks like DC.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 03:11 PM
 
Location: Baltimore
420 posts, read 651,618 times
Reputation: 200
Quote:
Originally Posted by nephi215 View Post
Philly is hands down a better sports city than DC, we won more chips in every sport except football. Center city is more vibrant than all of DC neighborhoods you mentioned. The mountains wtf are you talking about. No one from Philly is two generations removed from mountains. You sound very ignorant and delusional. Philly's white population is mostly two generations removed from Ireland or Italy. DC has none of that white ethnic population that you would find in northeastern cities like Philly, new york or Boston. DC is factually southern bottom line.
U r trying too hard.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 03:26 PM
 
1,225 posts, read 1,507,154 times
Reputation: 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by TMR23 View Post
U r trying too hard.
Your from b-more nuff said lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-24-2011, 03:52 PM
 
1,225 posts, read 1,507,154 times
Reputation: 1032
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC's Finest View Post
EXCEPT FOOTBALL! LLS - Football is the number one sport! Nobody watches baseball and basketball is insignificant until playoff time. CC is so tiny that it should be vibrant. Philly lacks the wall to wall canyons that DC has. It also lacks in the sophistication and cosmo department. As a poor city, Philly is coming along but it's not on DC's level. Philly has no answer for DC's nightlife and fast paced environment. DC's ethnic group is black people. From Marvin Gaye to Duke Ellington to Sugar Ray to Martin Lawrence to Dave Chappelle, no city does blacks like DC.
DC nightlife is nothing special. Philly has more AA rappers actors athletes and overall celebs repping Philly
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top