U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-11-2009, 11:05 AM

6 posts, read 16,074 times

Advertisements

I am a senior in high school and I realize that college might be the best opportunity, and the only opportunity, for me to leave the state I'm in (Arkansas) and so far I'm having trouble figuring out where, exactly, I want to stay. I guess what I'm looking for is a state with good education, a state that isn't that expensive (I lived in D.C. back in the 90s ) and a state that has a lot of recreational activities. I don't particularly enjoy severely hot weather but I'll deal with it, in the case of Florida and Texas. I'm already slightly slanted towards Florida, because I have family there. (and since out of state tuition is so expensive compared to in-state, i'm considering going to junior college for two years, getting residency, and going to university as a transfer student on in state tuition) At this moment, I plan on being a social worker, psychology, or a scientist.

So, yeah, that's my spill. Although I listed out specifics state if you want to, you can suggest some states you want me to look into as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2009, 07:52 PM

1,117 posts, read 2,530,819 times
I would much rather live on MO than FL. MO has 2 big cities while FL is one of the most uninteresting states in the country. FL is where all the lowlifes in the northern states funneled down to.

Old 10-11-2009, 07:58 PM

7,848 posts, read 17,804,347 times
Oh come on...this is a high school senior looking for real advice, not a forum for you to vent your hatred of Florida. Get a grip.

If you have family somewhere, then that's a good start. I guess choosing which state really depends more on what school you're interested in attending and what you plan to major in. That might be a better place to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or