Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-01-2011, 01:44 PM

326 posts, read 868,627 times

Advertisements

Palm Beach County would be the most boring area with > 1 million people I've personally seen.

Old 05-01-2011, 01:52 PM

639 posts, read 1,283,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLover View Post
EXACTLY.

The bold is NOTHING to be proud about, instead it's an embrassment.
How is people from a city being bi-lingual an embarrassment?
Rednecks in N.O. speak French fluently. I really doubting that thugs in East NY or Brownsville can even speak 1 language fluently. English.

Thats an embarrassment.

Old 05-17-2011, 12:11 PM

74 posts, read 223,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urban_Hipster View Post
San Jose. It has to be the most boring "city" of 1 million people in the world.
Kind of an ignorant comment, really. It's true that San Jose has always lived in the shadow of San Francisco when it comes to culture and excitement, but to say that it is the "most boring city in the world" is an overstatement in the extreme. When I was growing up the area was still full of orchards and the downtown area was to be avoided, but that has all changed. Even the downtown area is very vibrant now, totally walkable, light rail system and loads of cafe's, coffee joints, restaurants of all varieties, nightclubs, etc. Loads of great events at the convention center. The Sharks are wildly popular and have a fantastic downtown arena.

I can tell you, as a Bay Area native, that people who live in San Jose are not bored - not in the least. Aside from the fact that San Jose is the hub of Silicon Valley and some of the leading technology companies in the world call the city home, the area has so much to offer that it has some of the highest housing values in the nation. The great advantage of living in the Bay Area, whether it's the South Bay, the Peninsula or the East Bay, is that it is one contiguous megalopolis.

You've got easy access to the foothills and the mountains, easy access to the beach, easy access to the wineries, world class entertainment, professional sports galore, fine dining, cool towns like Los Gatos, Saratoga, Willow Glen, and up the peninsula. San Francisco is only a 45 minute drive, Santa Cruz is about the same. Tahoe, Napa, Carmel are great weekend trips. The list of things to do are practically endless, and, oh yeah, the best weather in the country. Did I mention that the Niners are building a state of the art stadium down the street in Santa Clara? I could go on ad nauseum, but people in the Bay Area know what I'm talking about.

You can rip on San Jose all you want, but nobody who lives there is bored unless they never leave their home.

You want boring? Come to the South. Columbia, Charlotte, Raleigh, etc. are truly dull places. But, like they say, you don't appreciate what you've got until it's gone.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:39 PM

362 posts, read 1,053,540 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
San Antonio is by far the most boring large city in america. It's population is 1.3 million but it feels like a city of 400,000.

Wow thats a very bold statement. San Antonio is about 2.2 million and doesnt feel small in the slightest.

Old 05-17-2011, 01:42 PM

18,495 posts, read 32,766,513 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwillyfromphilly View Post
San Antonio is by far the most boring large city in america. It's population is 1.3 million but it feels like a city of 400,000.
nah SA feels smaller than 400K. maybe about 250

Old 05-17-2011, 01:47 PM

617 posts, read 1,417,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
nah SA feels smaller than 400K. maybe about 250
To the person you are replying to I wouldn't take Htown seriously, this is the same person who believes Houston feels around 10 million

Old 05-17-2011, 02:09 PM

22,379 posts, read 38,678,927 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownboogie View Post
To the person you are replying to I wouldn't take Htown seriously, this is the same person who believes Houston feels around 10 million

That is only in premis and all that DFW stole

Old 05-17-2011, 02:13 PM

8,704 posts, read 11,045,271 times
San Antonio is one of the great towns of America. It has a great American/Mexican/Spanish culture and tradition. Always fun to go hang out there.

As to how it "feels". It feels like a big town, much like Ft Worth and Austin and for that matter San Jose. It has a nice downtown, but no super tall buildings or that real big corporate feel like Dallas or Houston. Definitely worth a trip if you havent been.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dtownboogie View Post
he has been to SA, he knows it feels like a small town. Even people from SA says it feels like a small town.

You are holding a grudge because Dallas feels smaller than Houston.

Old 05-17-2011, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slo1318 View Post
San Antonio is one of the great towns of America.
Doubt SA was ever great.

Maybe you mean Quaint
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City