U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-19-2009, 01:23 PM

7,732 posts, read 11,765,771 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by machiavelli1 View Post
[/b]

Very true! Most agree with you on this

The fact is that the large Texas cities, Atlanta and North Carolina are the states that people want to move to and some people are just jealous
+1
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-19-2009, 01:27 PM

11,294 posts, read 16,393,440 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Actually, the real reason is quite the opposite.

Texas has more posts than Cali does because they are under CONSTANT attack around here.

And more often than not, from certain unnamed regulars who seem to have an obsession with the place, while being totally clueless about it at the same time.
Texas is under constant attack on City vs City, I doubt its being attacked on its own forum (I could be wrong though) where the majority of its posts are.

I really like Texas and daily it gets attacked for no reason.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:33 PM

4,028 posts, read 6,222,911 times
But people on City-Data hate LA and love San Francisco so right there you have reason for a lot of posts.

Old 10-19-2009, 01:56 PM

15,400 posts, read 19,040,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnVosilla View Post
'Sorry for rambling. Anyone else see any interesting correlations? Or have any reasons for the discrepancies between population and posts?'

N Carolina, Texas, New Jersy, Arizona and Colorado seem to all rank somewhat higher in posts than in population. Perhaps lower costs of living, better job opportunities, higher perceived quality of life than where many are running away from these days be it a move to a neighboring state or cross country?

My personal opininion is the big cities in TX are incredible job creation machines and if I was young starting out would definitely look there. NC diverse landscape with two booming metro areas and Colorado front range with the rockies at your footsetp to me are the two must look at alternatives to FL, CA or anywhere up north..
The job market search is probably a big factor as well as the others you mention.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:26 PM

8,900 posts, read 12,703,440 times
Quote:
[/b]

Very true! Most agree with you on this

The fact is that the large Texas cities, Atlanta and North Carolina are the states that people want to move to and some people are just jealous

There will always be people moving to NYC, no jealousy here. Actually, I'd prefer not that many people to move here.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:28 PM

5,642 posts, read 7,648,289 times
Default Don't want to go to any of those places

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
+1
Very happy we turned down transfer to Texas. Big mistake to move to this place. I don't want to be a halfback either. ALL THE WAY back for me. Atlanta? Why bother. Could just stay here.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:40 PM

1,712 posts, read 2,686,504 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples View Post
Very happy we turned down transfer to Texas. Big mistake to move to this place. I don't want to be a halfback either. ALL THE WAY back for me. Atlanta? Why bother. Could just stay here.

But many do so why do you hate on them?

Most people do like these states and that is why they are being discussed and why they are growing

Old 10-19-2009, 03:43 PM

8,900 posts, read 12,703,440 times
Quote:
But many do so why do you hate on them?

Most people do like these states and that is why they are being discussed and why they are growing

lol most people I've met, from all different parts of the country (even parts of the south), make fun of Texas.

Old 10-19-2009, 03:43 PM

2,161 posts, read 3,872,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by TANaples
^Good for you!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84
lol most people I've met, from all different parts of the country (even parts of the south), make fun of Texas.
And no one cares...

Old 10-19-2009, 04:28 PM

1,586 posts, read 2,421,120 times
Holy moly those North Carolinans have some serious civic pride! #10 in population and #2 for posts? Must be a great place to live!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or