Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: HOUSTON VS SEATTLE
HOUSTON 57 35.85%
SEATTLE 92 57.86%
EQUAL 10 6.29%
Voters: 159. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-15-2011, 07:10 AM

1,717 posts, read 4,647,570 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gateway Region View Post
Both cities have the same stores. Seattle has better downtown shopping, Houston has better indoor malls.
Houston has the Galleria, the rest of the malls in Houston are nothing special. In fact several are downright depressing. Alameda, "Gunspoint", and Northwest for example are terrible.

Seattle's downtown is light year's better than Houston's. For a city its size, Houston's downtown is a joke. And Houston has nothing remotely like The Pike Place Market.

So no, Houston's shopping isn't better than Seattle's. And it's not close.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-15-2011, 07:24 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,234,836 times
Quote:
Seattle is dull, the culture is bland and to be blunt the city has way too many hippies and hippie culture for myself. The people are very strange out there. I am not a fan of natural scenery, which is what Seattle happens to excel at. The whole city acts as if the grunge era never ended and is still trapped in 1994.
LOL!!! You have no idea!

Old 11-15-2011, 07:25 AM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Loney View Post
Houston has the Galleria, the rest of the malls in Houston are nothing special.
And Seattle is special? I saw nothing impressive on my visit. Same stores any metro above 3-4 million has.

Quote:
Seattle's downtown is light year's better than Houston's. For a city its size, Houston's downtown is a joke.
Yep, I agree. Houston does lack a good downtown. However, what is a joke to me is the culture in Seattle, I guess we have our differences.

Quote:
So no, Houston's shopping isn't better than Seattle's. And it's not close.
Many think it is.

Old 11-15-2011, 07:44 AM

5,864 posts, read 15,234,836 times
Quote:
And Seattle is special? I saw nothing impressive on my visit. Same stores any metro above 3-4 million has.
So tell us what's so special about Houston shopping?

Old 11-15-2011, 07:46 AM

Location: NY-NJ-Philly looks down at SF and laughs at the hippies
1,144 posts, read 1,295,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
I never said anything was. Where did I say it was? I am just sick of the arrogant Seattle supporters in this thread.

Old 11-15-2011, 08:34 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,693,806 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwright1 View Post
There nothing special, but whats so special about seattles shopping? Houston has more high end shopping and more malls, so the shopping scene seems like be more expansive.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:29 AM

Quote:

Yep, I agree. Houston does lack a good downtown. However, what is a joke to me is the culture in Seattle, I guess we have our differences.
Houston has culture? Some Texans seem to think they are from their own country. Why is that?

The problem with cities like Houston is that their "culture" is 30 miles this way, or 45 the other.

Sprawl has destroyed the fabric of cities like Dallas and Houston. Their sucky downtowns are a symptom of the greater problem.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
There nothing special, but whats so special about seattles shopping? Houston has more high end shopping and more malls, so the shopping scene seems like be more expansive.
So your idea of shopping is malls? Really?

Besides, Houston has the Galleria, The rest of the malls are not high end. There are areas with nice boutiques. But the only real high end mall is the Galleria.

And as previously mentioned they have nothing remotely close to the Pike Place Market.

Old 11-15-2011, 09:33 AM

Quote:
Houston has better indoor malls.
Such as?

Old 11-15-2011, 09:34 AM

Quote:
I never said anything was. Where did I say it was? I am just sick of the arrogant Seattle supporters in this thread.
Hmmm gee, do we have an agenda or what?

Quote:
In Seattle for the weekend, will brb soon with a full report on how these hippies operate
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City