U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 10-17-2009, 06:01 PM

8,904 posts, read 6,770,736 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Yep. It's one of the biggest parts of the test. While it's used nowhere near as much as it's used in the north. It's still a big part of passing the driving test. You can do excellent on everything else, but if you screw up parallel parking. You fail.
That's silly. Out of the entire state, you probably only need to parallel park in 3 small parts of the state.
Quick reply to this message

Old 10-17-2009, 06:04 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,955,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
That's silly. Out of the entire state, you probably only need to parallel park in 3 small parts of the state.
That's what I think, but it's important to the test. I've only had to parallel park like maybe 5 times since I've gotten my license.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPerone201 View Post
New Jersey is probably the hardest.
We have the most road rules, the most highways congested in one area, and the parallel parking is a must, which is the hardest thing to do for beginners.

I was supposed to take my drivers test today but the DMV was ridiculous when i got there today. It closed before it even got to be my turn !
The DMV is annoying as hell. I had to wait like 4 hours to take my test and I lived in a small city.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:30 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,521,895 times
Quote:
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
You have absolutely no clue what you are talking about.

With the low population density of the state, I highly doubt you have to parallel park that much. I only needed to do it a few times while living in Queens, NYC.

Old 10-17-2009, 06:48 PM

Quote:
With the low population density of the state, I highly doubt you have to parallel park that much. I only needed to do it a few times while living in Queens, NYC.
Personally I rarely ever use parallel parking, and if I can avoid using it; I will lol

Old 10-17-2009, 07:06 PM

1,926 posts, read 3,225,145 times
I live in the burbs of Chicago and never have to parallel park. The only time I have to parallel park is on the rare occassion when I go into Chicago. I can parallel park quite well and do not fear it.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HighPlainsDrifter73 View Post
I live in the burbs of Chicago and never have to parallel park. The only time I have to parallel park is on the rare occassion when I go into Chicago. I can parallel park quite well and do not fear it.
...But yet in a town in Texas of 20,000 this other person claims they do it all the time, lol. They must go out of their way to parallel park or something just for the sake of doing it, lol. Strange.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:13 PM

1,365 posts, read 1,521,895 times
Quote:
I didn't say you had to do it THAT much, but youre acting like it's not necessary to know in Texas.

And it doesn't have as much to do with density as infrastructure. There a lot of cities throughout Texas where parking is somewhat limited if you don't want to walk far. And there are some neighborhoods where there are no driveways and the streets are tightly packed.

In my old neighborhood, I had to parallel park atleast once a week because the driveways were so tiny and we had a big family with a lot of drivers.

Old 10-17-2009, 07:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
I didn't say you had to do it THAT much, but youre acting like it's not necessary to know in Texas.

And it doesn't have as much to do with density as infrastructure. There a lot of cities throughout Texas where parking is somewhat limited if you don't want to walk far. And there are some neighborhoods where there are no driveways and the streets are tightly packed.

In my old neighborhood, I had to parallel park atleast once a week because the driveways were so tiny and we had a big family with a lot of drivers.

lol so I guess you have no parking lots there. Parking on the main st at a meter in a small town doesn't really count.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City