U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-27-2010, 04:59 PM

222 posts, read 257,799 times
Are we just talking about america as in the USA. If we are talking about that then NYC is the most diverse if the world they dubbed Toronto as the most diverse city in the world if u don't believe me look it up. I also think Columbus ohio is up there where I live u can't go to a work place now with out seeing a foreign person at all by a matter fact mostly all ware houses down here are very ethnically diverse so much that if u wanted to hook up with a person of another race u could do it easily in a ware house or just going to the store. Columbus is ten times more diverse than what it was trust me it's becoming a midwest melting pot.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-27-2010, 05:15 PM

222 posts, read 257,799 times
I am going to say this once and only once hopefully LA is not the most diverse city in the world. When ever I can go to a city and see a all asian working force at a MCdonald and then go down the street and see a 24 hr indian operated subway then u are very diverse not to mention every food culture in a less than 1 mile strip. this is Vancouver not even Toronto and it is more diverse than most cities any where but believe it or not the United nations has dubbed Toronto as the most diverse city in the world I thought it might be NYC but it is T.O. I love both. 59% of Toronto population is foreign born, no other city has a higher percent any where.

Old 10-27-2010, 11:30 PM

754 posts, read 795,230 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by City Boy Columbus View Post
the United nations has dubbed Toronto as the most diverse city in the world I thought it might be NYC but it is T.O. I love both. 59% of Toronto population is foreign born, no other city has a higher percent any where.
Yeah I posted in the Queens vs Toronto thread before I saw this one but Toronto's diversity puts US cities to shame. It is the poster city for being a melting pot - you will rarely see a group of friends hanging out that doesn't look like a UN convention. And you see this everywhere, from Kensington Market to the Bovine Sex Club (awesome name for a punk club), to TFC matches, to the fancier restaurants on Yonge Street, etc.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City