U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 

Old 11-01-2009, 06:22 PM

8,011 posts, read 7,001,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by K.O.N.Y View Post
New york created the culture and the music

LOL nobody was freestyling in jamaica or africa lets be serious. Something similar maybe but not rapping lol. Like jay-z-ll cool j rapping lol
You again.LOL..It on again....lets get ready to RUMBLEEEEE!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-01-2009, 06:54 PM

259 posts, read 299,634 times
I never mentioned the south.....but wren you flood the industry with something the public will eat it up regardless...these "artist" out now do what they do because it's easy to produce..decent beat with less than mediocre lyrics

Old 11-01-2009, 06:58 PM

91 posts, read 193,464 times
Nashville

Old 11-01-2009, 06:59 PM

And puffy wasn't ruining the culture...not just one guy...but one thing i can say about the puffy mase duo is at least mase could rap...most out now can't even rap new york ruined nothing

Old 11-01-2009, 07:43 PM

7,724 posts, read 9,172,103 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
Since when is NYC the center for Blues,Country or even rock and R&B? NYC is overrated.Hip hop was created in NYC,but even the roots of its foundation are from other areas of music created somewhere else in the U.S. and Caribbean.
I said NYC is a center for all types of music I didn't say it was the only center for all types of music. NYC is overrated? If NYC is overrated so is Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc. Hip-Hop was created in NYC, I think every form of music has elements of older (sometimes even ancient) forms of music. Also everyone coming at New York saying it was ruining rap or that the South was ruining rap is wrong, the industry is ruining rap they want what will make the most money and the South is taking the blame because it has the majority of the corny mainstream artists. Hip-Hop isn't dead just listen to different underground rappers from across the country.

I don't know why everyone just came at New York's neck so hot for no reason.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:54 PM

no one came at nyc except one person...and true we could blame the industry but the industry doesnt write lyrics or make the beats dances etc.

Old 11-01-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Hip Hop was already dieing before the south even go to it; we just put it out of its misery! Diddy took the first stab.
I'm just curious as to how Hip-Hop was dieing before the South blew uhatEhat because of Diddy? One rapper?

People like to point the finger in one direction. NY birthed the genre and it's still going, it has evolved a little (I'm not talking about that snap-dance rap). That snap stuff is dance music IMO, not Hip-Hop. I'm not gonna listen to "Walk It Out" and sing along, I'm gonna Walk It Out. Right or Wrong?

Old 11-01-2009, 08:00 PM

2,026 posts, read 2,370,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure Ray View Post
Which US city has the best and most diverse live music scene? I'm talking hip hop, rock, country, jazz, blues, bluegrass, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I said NYC is a center for all types of music I didn't say it was the only center for all types of music. NYC is overrated? If NYC is overrated so is Atlanta, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc.

I don't know why everyone just came at New York's neck so hot for no reason.
People seem to keep forgetting that we're talking about the best all around live music scene not just the best hip-hop music scene. New York is definitely one of the best cities for a diverse live music scenes. NYC really is THE best IMO. When I think live music scenes, the cities that come to mind are New York, Chicago, LA, Austin, Nashville, New Orleans, and Seattle.

BTW, bands or musicians that are either dead or retired are irrelevant to the current live music scene. If a city has a rich history of music but the current scene is pretty lame, its history doesn't change the fact that the current music scene sucks.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Truthfully19 View Post
no one came at nyc except one person...and true we could blame the industry but the industry doesnt write lyrics or make the beats dances etc.
You're right, they don't right the lyrics but the industry doesn't put good talent on, they're looking for some fast cash so they sign who would sell the most, I admit I like some of that "snap crap" but people don't get to really here a lot of good talent on the radio, on TV, etc.

Old 11-01-2009, 08:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
People seem to keep forgetting that we're talking about the best all around live music scene not just the best hip-hop music scene. New York is definitely one of the best cities for a diverse live music scenes. NYC really is THE best IMO. When I think live music scenes, the cities that come to mind are New York, Chicago, LA, Austin, Nashville, New Orleans, and Seattle.

BTW, bands or musicians that are either dead or retired are irrelevant to the current live music scene. If a city has a rich history of music but the current scene is pretty lame, its history doesn't change the fact that the current music scene sucks.
I didn't forget that it's about all kinds of music, someone started attacking NYC's status (mostly Hip-Hop) so that's why people got stuck on Hip-Hop. I was going to post about other types of music.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City