Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-08-2009, 03:46 PM

306 posts, read 316,725 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
There are 37 Popeyes (true inventor of the Chicken Biscuit) within 10 miles of Brooklyn.
Then that means there are double that amouint where you live.

How many little caesars, dominos, pizza hut and ci ci's pizza buffet are there here?

How many Olive Gardens?

NOT MANY!!!!

Last edited by UrbanLover; 11-08-2009 at 04:10 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-08-2009, 03:46 PM

2,023 posts, read 4,166,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
Lol there's a bunch of fast-food chains within NYC, even in the dense parts. I don't go to Manhattan very often so I busted out laughing when we went into a Burger King in Manhattan that had this huge bouncer near the steps, you needed to make a purchase or else he wouldn't let you upstairs lol.
Lol! From the New Yorker's I've talked and what I've read/heard about New York, it sounds like Manhattan has become very commercialized and a lot New Yorkers are unhappy about that. Isn't there a McDonalds on Time Square?

Old 11-08-2009, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Lol! From the New Yorker's I've talked and what I've read/heard about New York, it sounds like Manhattan has become very commercialized and a lot New Yorkers are unhappy about that. Isn't there a McDonalds on Time Square?
Yes, there is........ and it ticks me off. Times Square is nothing, but chains for the tourist.

They tried to bring the first Wal Mart to Manhattan, but we turned it down. HELL NO.

I would refuse to shop there.

Old 11-08-2009, 03:58 PM

4,230 posts, read 10,434,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanLover View Post
Then that means there are double that amont where you live.

How many little caesars, dominos, pizza hut and ci ci's pizza buffet are there here?

How many Olive Gardens?

NOT MANY!!!!
Nah, we only got 22 Popeyes in 10 miles.

New Orleans:
Little Caesars = 0
Dominos = 7
CiCi's = 0
Pizza Hut = 2

Brooklyn:
Little Caesars = 1
Dominos = 17
CiCi's = 0
Pizza Hut = 3

Old 11-08-2009, 03:59 PM

5,888 posts, read 12,936,319 times
St. Louis has a lot of issues, but the criminal activity is very localized to small pockets of "less than desirable sections" of the city. Overall St. Louis is pretty safe.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:07 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,240,568 times
Quote:

New Orleans:
Little Caesars = 0
Dominos = 7
CiCi's = 0
Pizza Hut = 2

Brooklyn:
Little Caesars = 1
Dominos = 17
CiCi's = 0
Pizza Hut = 3
I love Popeyes, there's one about 1/4th a mile from me, I feel like walking there right now for some fries and biscuits lol. I love Little Caesars, Dominos, CiCi's and Pizza Hut. I can't wait till CiCi's comes to Queens or Long Island (they're supposed to come to NYC soon).

Sorry I'm just hungry lol.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:11 PM

11,535 posts, read 30,099,703 times
The misconception about my city is it is blue collar, redneck, flat with nothing to do. The misconcetption comes from city folks who do not understand the midwest is dominated by farming and ranching families that fund local schools, attend local churches, support local stores and feed the world. Therefore drivers do find Interstate hightways that are flat and boring for mlles on end. It it the same reason one arrogant pseudo-hournalist from Chicago derides the midwest as "fly-over" as if people who live in the midwest should be ashamed to admit they live in the #1 and #2 corn producing states in America, and that they provide Chicago 5 star restaurants with beef, lamb, pork, fowl and fresh vegetables.

My city does not fit any of the categories except it is in the midwest among heavily forested rolling hills. It has upscale dining and four timex more doctors than the natioal average. The economy is slowly turning around. New home construction is up and laid off employees are starting to go back to work. The end is not in sight, but it is a beginning. Naysayers forget time takes time to pass.

It is amazing what one can find in middle America from diamond fields, the (little* Grand Canyon, top-rated zoos, country music, American rose gardens, lake vacations, major and minor sports, upscale shopping and dining, performing arts, nature, fresh maple syrup, tulip fields, hand-made furniture, rodeo, Ozark Mountains, Native Indian museums and gatherings, large parks, the confluence of great rivers, great open space and peace. The most amazing thing visitors find is good natured people who talk about the weather, local news, the price of groceries but not other cities unless there is a catastrophic disaster or main roads are closed. .

Old 11-08-2009, 04:11 PM

11,327 posts, read 20,240,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
For real, I always laugh when people say "In northeast, we don't eat at those chain restaurants. The south is SO backwards".

Really now?

I see a Sbarro, Mcdonalds and a TGI Fridays all within spitting distance of one another. There is a lot that can be said about these types of restaurants, but acting like all of America doesn't have a love affair with this kind of food is just ignorant.
I agree, its an American thing, as a New Yorker I can honestly say that I eat fast food more often than food from a regular restaurant. When I go down South I have to ask for my McDonalds & Wendy's burgers with no mustard lol.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:14 PM

Quote:

New Orleans:
Little Caesars = 0
Dominos = 7
CiCi's = 0
Pizza Hut = 2

Brooklyn:
Little Caesars = 1
Dominos = 17
CiCi's = 0
Pizza Hut = 3
EXACTLY.

So, the toal score of all those restaurants is 9 for New Orleans and 21 Brooklyn.

The whole metro area of New Orleans has 1,179,459. Whereas, Brooklyn by itself has 2,556,598.

Not to mention its in a city of 8.3 million.

Thanks for proving my point even further.

Old 11-08-2009, 04:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infamous92 View Post
I love Popeyes, there's one about 1/4th a mile from me, I feel like walking there right now for some fries and biscuits lol. I love Little Caesars, Dominos, CiCi's and Pizza Hut. I can't wait till CiCi's comes to Queens or Long Island (they're supposed to come to NYC soon).

Sorry I'm just hungry lol.
Are you serious?

That stuff is what they put in front of people to eat on the show called Fear Factor. I wouldn't eat that crap if it was free.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City