Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-04-2010, 03:00 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,784,320 times

Advertisements

How does a thread about New Orleans turn into a thread about Atlanta? My guess it's in the same way a lot of threads not about NY turn into threads about NYC...

Anyway, New Orleans is the most unique city in the south, easily. It is unmistakable where you are when you are there.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-04-2010, 03:03 PM

7,731 posts, read 14,356,662 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BergenCountyJohnny View Post
How does a thread about New Orleans turn into a thread about Atlanta? My guess it's in the same way a lot of threads not about NY turn into threads about NYC...

Anyway, New Orleans is the most unique city in the south, easily. It is unmistakable where you are when you are there.
Your answer re: Atlanta can be found in previous posts, if you are really interested.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:14 PM

4,843 posts, read 6,098,420 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by hurricane82 View Post
Why would I need to get respect from anyone on here who are yall?? and you dont have to believe anything That I say or believe Ive been too New Orleans there was nothing amazing ,exciting or unique , Im not on here to get validated by anyone. So go ahead and post away. When NOlA starts attacking Atlanta lets see how much respect you have from them (Which he will) . You have 2 choices 1 keep quoteing me 2 move along, take a pick .
I disagree with alot of things Westbank says and vica versa but at least he gives a reason for his opinion. People don't know where your even comming from, just saying! Example my opinion: New Orleans is unique because it’s history, France, Spain, USA! Founded in 1718 one of oldest cities in the US. 1722 New Orleans was the 2nd capital of Louisiana New France, and later capital of Louisiana New Spain. In 1840 the fourth largest in the U.S. A lot people say New Orleans is America's most European city which is a fair dabate against cities like Boston and at the same time it's one of the few cities that African culture actually broke though in the States. If it wasn’t for the diversity of New Orleans history things like Jazz would had never came of about.

Congo Square

Louisiana Voodoo

New Orleans is pretty unique the closest thing I can compare NOLA to is a cross between Salvador brazil, and Montreal Canada which kind of speak for itself.

Old 03-04-2010, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Your answer re: Atlanta can be found in previous posts, if you are really interested.
Right, the same way NY is in previous posts when the NY Defense League springs into action, too. Either way, the result is a hijacking of the thread away from the city in the OP, and it's inappropriate.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Right, the same way NY is in previous posts when the NY Defense League springs into action, too. Either way, the result is a hijacking of the thread away from the city in the OP, and it's inappropriate.
First of all this thread is about New Orleans vs. Other southern cities. 2nd No one was defending Atlanta from anything if you actually read the comments. A poster was responding to Westbank, Westbank came back and said state your reason for your opinion, and the poster said he or she don’t have to. Later LovinDecatur agreed westbank, the poster came back and said when “NOlA starts attacking Atlanta lets see how much respect you have from them (Which he will)”

So what on earth are you talking about? you’re the one off the thread topic “Defense League springs into action”? ) give it a rest.

Old 03-04-2010, 05:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
First of all this thread is about New Orleans vs. Other southern cities. 2nd No one was defending Atlanta from anything if you actually read the comments. A poster was responding to Westbank, Westbank came back and said state your reason for your opinion, and the poster said he or she don’t have to. Later LovinDecatur agreed westbank, the poster came back and said when “NOlA starts attacking Atlanta lets see how much respect you have from them (Which he will)”

So what on earth are you talking about? you’re the one off the thread topic “Defense League springs into action”? ) give it a rest.
I'm not interested in your excuses, all I know is that another thread has been hijacked and changed over to being a thread about Atlanta. Imagine that

Old 03-04-2010, 06:54 PM

Quote:
I'm not interested in your excuses, all I know is that another thread has been hijacked and changed over to being a thread about Atlanta. Imagine that
Yeah! my excuses )) on a thread that is New Orleans vs. Other southern cities (mean while Atlanta is a city in the south ) then Atlanta was only brought up because LovinDecatur agreed with westbank or NOlA so a the poster came back and said when “NOlA starts attacking Atlanta lets see how much respect you have from them (Which he will)” .......Again read

So you came with that "Defense League" and complain about Atlanta being brought on a topic that Atlanta qualify, even thought nothing good or bad about Atlanta was said to defend, and New Orleans was still the focus ) Imagine that )
dude you hijacked the thread with that "Defense League".

Old 03-04-2010, 07:07 PM

37,127 posts, read 39,349,217 times
Oh my god, did someone mention New York? It's the most unique city in the south of anything.

Old 03-05-2010, 06:03 AM

6,749 posts, read 22,075,544 times
lmbo the last several posts on here were people arguing about how they shouldn't be arguing about Atlanta. How funny!

Old 03-05-2010, 07:39 AM

New Orleans is easily the most unique city in the South. Other southern cities all share a very common southern culture that is mostly the same, with only a few quirks to differentiate them. I mean, aside from size, how different or unique from each other are, say, Charlotte, Atlanta, Birmingham, and Jacksonville? Not all that different. But NOLA is unmistakably different from all of them. Even if it's just the French influence, it's enough to separate it from the rest of the southern cities, none of which have that French influence (except other Louisiana cities).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City