Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-17-2009, 09:28 PM

1,080 posts, read 2,269,136 times

Advertisements

The Metrodome.... LMFAO
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2009, 09:54 PM

260 posts, read 757,658 times
McCaw Hall and Beneroya Hall and Safeco Field in Seattle

Old 11-18-2009, 09:59 PM

804 posts, read 2,402,143 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MN55 View Post
The Metrodome.... LMFAO

the home of the vikings unless they move to LA.

Old 02-17-2010, 02:00 AM

10,400 posts, read 15,581,661 times
Default Staples Center Los Angeles Number One In The Nation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCity2001 View Post
I made this thread, because I wanted to see what people thought was the most known and premier venue in sports/music in the U.S.? If I had to pick a premier venue, I would have to select Madison Square Garden, followed by Staples Center in Los Angeles. I feel like these two venues are the most talked about arenas in the country, which hosts all the famous sporting events and all of the most well known concert performers not only in the country, but all over the world.

One arena (MSG), is known for being the world's most famous arena, while the other arena (Staples Center), is the current capital of the basketball world, and has hosted some talked about events in it's short 10 year history like Michael Jackson's Memorial, the Grammy's and the Oscars.

For all of you, which arena/venue is the most prominent in the U.S., and why would you feel like that arena/venue is the most prominent?

In Pictures: America's 10 Most Lucrative Sports Arenas - Forbes.com

1. Staples Center Los Angeles CA
2. Madison Square Gardens
3. Air Canada Centre
4. American Airlines Center
5. United Center
6.TD Banknorth Garden
7.Wachovia Center
8.Pepsi Center
9.Verizon Center
10.Fenway Park

Old 02-17-2010, 02:39 AM

14,256 posts, read 26,943,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChocolateCity2001 View Post
I made this thread, because I wanted to see what people thought was the most known and premier venue in sports/music in the U.S.? If I had to pick a premier venue, I would have to select Madison Square Garden, followed by Staples Center in Los Angeles. I feel like these two venues are the most talked about arenas in the country, which hosts all the famous sporting events and all of the most well known concert performers not only in the country, but all over the world.

One arena (MSG), is known for being the world's most famous arena, while the other arena (Staples Center), is the current capital of the basketball world, and has hosted some talked about events in it's short 10 year history like Michael Jackson's Memorial, the Grammy's and the Oscars.

For all of you, which arena/venue is the most prominent in the U.S., and why would you feel like that arena/venue is the most prominent?
Haha, that's so true. In the Staples Centers short history it's hosted some of the BIGGEST events in US cultural history(MJ's funeral, Grammy's, Oscars, NBA Finals, NBA All-Star games etc.)

Old 02-17-2010, 02:48 AM

37,138 posts, read 39,394,719 times
The Smell in Los Angeles. No arguments allowed.

The A train with a solid second place finish. Highlights include great dancing, mariachi bands, man with ukulele covering 80s hits, and a Mexican stand-off between a hollering sprechesang preacher, an irate woman, and a geriatric transvestite decked out in full cross-dress who is completely not "pass"-able.

Last edited by OyCrumbler; 02-17-2010 at 03:33 AM..

Old 02-17-2010, 02:56 AM

2,963 posts, read 5,451,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by OyCrumbler View Post
The Smell in Los Angeles. No arguments allowed.
ha-HA! But...just for the sake of argument...I'll name the Hollywood Bowl as a venue of particular charm and mystique. Van Morrison performing Astral Weeks. Belle and Sebastian playing with the L.A. Philharmonic. Tom Jones! The Philharmonic using it for its regular outdoor concert series, where you can bring your own wine and picnic on a warm summer night as the sun sets...

Not quite The Smell, but close.

Old 02-17-2010, 05:17 AM

1,712 posts, read 3,103,229 times
The Boston Garden, home of the Celtics and Bruins.... all those great moments and championships

Old 02-17-2010, 07:24 AM

6,963 posts, read 20,537,438 times
Quote:
2. Madison Square Gardens
lol

Old 02-17-2010, 07:31 AM

648 posts, read 1,618,751 times
Madison Square Garden. It is by far the most famous arena in the world. And take this from somebody with family and friends in a foreign country.

I love Madison Square Garden.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City