U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which city is more gay-friendly?
Chicago 82 56.16%
Atlanta 64 43.84%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-19-2009, 06:05 PM

6,555 posts, read 6,880,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmo1984 View Post
^^^^
Right,and the fact that their ability to influence legislation will stifle gay marraige being legalized.
LOL! Political affiliation won't change the outcome of marriage reform legislation. Just look at California.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jays1983 View Post
This dumb ass thread is now 7 pages? come on people...
You must be new to City-Vs-City threads

Old 11-19-2009, 06:09 PM

586 posts, read 720,414 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
LOL! Political affiliation won't change the outcome of marriage reform legislation. Just look at California.
it's not political affiliation, its religious affiliation that took it away, although the more religious someone is the more republican they tend to be.

the vote came out to 52% vs. 48% in California, now imagine if that same vote took place in Georgia, do you really think it would be anywhere near even?

"bible belt"

Old 11-19-2009, 06:10 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,139,152 times
Quote:
You must be new to City-Vs-City threads
Lol, yes I try to avoid city vs city. I like some of the threads, but the redundancy is enough to make me want to jump off a bridge.

How many ny vs chi vs atl vs houston vs la do we need? I think the common consensus has been answered 2 million posts ago.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:12 PM

586 posts, read 720,414 times
Quote:
Lol, yes I try to avoid city vs city. I like some of the threads, but the redundancy is enough to make me want to jump off a bridge.

How many ny vs chi vs atl vs houston vs la do we need? I think the common consensus has been answered 2 million posts ago.
may I ask what the common concensus is?

people love NY and CHI.
people love to bash on ATL and Houston
and LA falls somewhere in the middle?

Old 11-19-2009, 06:16 PM

1,856 posts, read 2,829,781 times
Quote:
This dumb ass thread is now 7 pages? come on people...
Yeah, and there's a lot of good discussion going on. For some reason beyond me you continue to post in this thread you hate so much. Just leave and don't read into it anymore. You aren't adding anything, so really we wouldn't mind if you left.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:18 PM

3,284 posts, read 1,139,152 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
may I ask what the common concensus is?

people love NY and CHI.
people love to bash on ATL and Houston
and LA falls somewhere in the middle?
Yes, you are absolutely correct. The fastest growing cities are bashed the most while southerners are portrayed as rednecks. bla bla. And it's been the same for the 3 years I've been reading.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:23 PM

321 posts, read 388,169 times
Quote:

It will eventually- this is an ongoing process of chinging peoples's minds.

Old 11-19-2009, 06:24 PM

657 posts, read 906,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by terrence81 View Post
Hard to translate but I'll try.

The first sentence could be translated in more than one way. Drugs come to mind. Also a black guy chasing after a white guy came to mind too but my final answer is: "Those caucasians in Atlanta are outnumbered by us black folks." White guys in Atlanta talk about Miami and New York a lot.

The Indigo Girls who are lesbians did indeed get their start in Atlanta. Although I think they're from Athens but I could be wrong. White gay guys are more likely to like a lot of house music versus hip hop.

I'm afraid Ty is inaccurate about gay Atlanta being 99% black. Although if he doesn't live in Atlanta but just goes to party it would be very easy to party all weekend at black gay clubs and not see any white guys. So that would be where the statement came from.
Ty said your translation was fairly accurate. "Snow queens" are what black gay people call white gay guys. They don't like the white gay guy attitude so they have their own clubs in most cities.

So apparently this isn't a situation unique to Atlanta but is more evident because (according to Ty) the gay scene there is 99% African-American. (yes, we know he's exaggerating)

Old 11-19-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
it's not political affiliation, its religious affiliation that took it away, although the more religious someone is the more republican they tend to be.

the vote came out to 52% vs. 48% in California, now imagine if that same vote took place in Georgia, do you really think it would be anywhere near even?

"bible belt"
Who said it would? If marriage equality can't stay law in California, no one is dumb enough to think it would even have a chance to pass in Georgia.

That has nothing to do with the question at hand in this thread though. I'm sure you are very aware that the environment for gays in Atlanta is far better than it is outside in Georgia and for that matter most states and cities.

For the record, I'm pretty sure Chicago and Atlanta are about equal on the gay friendly scale. Though I've never been Chicago, I've had friends who are gay (I'm not myself) who've lived in both places and they haven't said one place is better than the other. And that conversation has come up before.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City