Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Overall, which city is the greatest?
Chicago 168 40.58%
New York City 246 59.42%
Voters: 414. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-21-2009, 09:44 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonra25 View Post
International Trendsetter. Whats trendy about NY, your fashion is appx 6 month behind Paris. All you do is shove advertising down everyones throat. There is nothing trendy about that. You probably brush your teeth with a empire state shaped toothbrush
Thank goodness they dont market Empire State Building-shaped dildos. We ALL know who'd use one.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:49 PM

3 posts, read 4,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dementor View Post
The same way Cubs are not just "smaller" Yankees. Yes, Chicago is densely populated however Chicago's downtonw like Lincoln Park resembles more New Jersey suburbs than New York. You have some large corporations headquatered in Chicago however the list is simply meek compared to NY's.
There is a quantum leap between being a big city and truly international trendsetter like New York. I am no speculating on what developers think I just point out that the city is currently shrinking not growing.

HAHAHA! what did this person just say? did he just say chicago's downtown like lincoln park?

Old 02-21-2009, 09:55 PM

734 posts, read 2,053,006 times
He's never been, go easy on him.

Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 PM

188 posts, read 477,173 times
ignorance is bliss, especially when you live in a NYC snowglobe

Old 02-21-2009, 09:57 PM

1,624 posts, read 3,289,840 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
There are TONS of actors and celebrities born and raised in Chicago. One of them is your president.
Another was the last Secretary of Defense.
The one before that was president Clinton's wife, etc, etc, etc
Then there are the Belushis, the Cusacks, Billy Zane,
Harrison Ford, Walt Disney, Jenny McCarthy, Cindy Crawford, Adrienne Curry, Denise Richards, and TONS of other celebrities.

Get a clue Captain Wikipedia.
Listen Captain Corndog. First of all I am talking about current residents so forget Walt Disney or most the people you mentioned including Obama, Ford, Crawford and Clinton. By the way, I did not realize Hawaii was in Chicago's MSA? I think this is where Obama was born.
Second. Don't you realize that none of the names you mentioned that reside in chicago are of the same calliber as Pacino and De Niro or Scorsese and Allen? Count the Academy awards if it helps you.
Third. Don't you realize that most succesful Chicagoans leave this city as soon as they can? What gives? Couldn't they all stay like Cusack or Belushi?

Showing people that were born in Chicago but then left and never come is not really advertising the quality of life in the city...
It actually shows that you have to leave to be successful...

Old 02-21-2009, 10:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hamiltonra25 View Post
International Trendsetter. Whats trendy about NY, your fashion is appx 6 month behind Paris. All you do is shove advertising down everyones throat. There is nothing trendy about that. You probably brush your teeth with a empire state shaped toothbrush
Everything. That's why celebirites chose to live there. You have never been to Paris, have you?? Anyways if New York's fashion is six month behind Paris than Chicago is still in the XIX century... New York fashion becomes Chicago fashion with some delay...

Old 02-21-2009, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Thank goodness they dont market Empire State Building-shaped dildos. We ALL know who'd use one.
I think I know. It would probably compensate for your love-hate relationship with the city of New York. Not to mention your deep inferiority complex.

Old 02-21-2009, 10:06 PM

2,598 posts, read 4,922,458 times
Quote:
I think I know. It would probably compensate you love-hate realtionship with the city of New York. Not to mention you deep inferiority complex.
Seriously, are you for real?

Old 02-21-2009, 10:32 PM

188 posts, read 477,173 times
Quote:
I think I know. It would probably compensate for your love-hate relationship with the city of New York. Not to mention your deep inferiority complex.
Your the one who hates Chicago with a passion, not to mention you patrol this forum like a hawk looking for any Chicago post so you can throw your 2 cents in. Secondly bringing up chicagos quality of life is HIGHLY QUESTIONABLE. Gold coast ranks up there with manhattans money. We have Bugatti dealerships. Again the people you mention "fleeing" chicago to New York do so because its the MEDIA MECCA. Not everyone sees NYC as the promised land. Sorry. Go cry on your I <3 NYC tissues

Old 02-21-2009, 10:41 PM

784 posts, read 2,264,675 times
Quote:
Everything. That's why celebirites chose to live there. You have never been to Paris, have you?? Anyways if New York's fashion is six month behind Paris than Chicago is still in the XIX century... New York fashion becomes Chicago fashion with some delay...

Actually New York City is now the "fashion capitol of the world". Paris no longer holds that title. At least for this year. So Paris, technically would be six months behind New York. Whatever that would mean...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City