Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Ny VS Nj
NY 21 31.82%
NJ 45 68.18%
Voters: 66. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-02-2009, 06:27 PM

3,645 posts, read 8,312,957 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
Why don't we test this? Let's go to Camden and get the Bloods rowled up to go fight the Crypts in Bed-Stuy . I'd be interested to see who'd win, lol.
you mean CRIPS?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2009, 06:30 PM

8,900 posts, read 15,939,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
New York City may be tough, but the transplants that I see everyday from New York like to put on the mask everyday and put on that "tough" facade, but people see right through them. The NYC transplants don't seem so tough. They give NYC a bad name, and make NYC seem less and less scary everyday.lol. I said this in another thread and I will say it again, The only people scared of NYC are NEW YORKERS!!!

I don't know about that...NYers are probably more willing to walk into a bad area than a tourist. Many tourists/transplants think the entire Bronx is burning still.

Anyway, the transplant NYers you find where you live are a different breed of NYer. Just like how the transplants here are a different breed.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:22 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,946,158 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
I don't know about that...NYers are probably more willing to walk into a bad area than a tourist. Many tourists/transplants think the entire Bronx is burning still.

Anyway, the transplant NYers you find where you live are a different breed of NYer. Just like how the transplants here are a different breed.
Indeed. Maybe I need to do some research.

Old 12-02-2009, 07:52 PM

4,085 posts, read 8,788,073 times
Jersey, definitely. We don't even have to say "New", we just say "Jersey" and people know, and they don't question it, because it strikes fear into the hearts of all outside of NJ. It makes sense, though, because life is tough on the hardscrabble streets and highways of NJ. Like the other day, I was leaving the Lexus dealership and heading over to Starbucks, and someone in a Land Rover cut me off, so I flashed my high beams at him - you do NOT mess with a Jerseyan, or that's what you get! Then I got to Starbucks and they were out of chocolate biscotti. Anyone else would have been frozen like a deer in headlights, but I'm used to dealing with hardships and I knew what to do right away, so I took the almond biscotti. Sometimes the line at Starbucks is 3 or 4 people long, too, here in Jersey, but we tough it out for the two minutes, because we're good like that. Then I went to the mall, Garden State Plaza, to start my Christmas shopping and the valet parking had a 10 minute wait! I toughed it out though, because I'm a Jerseyan. These are the things we deal with that people in other states can't handle because we're tougher.

A lot of people are always saying how New Yorkers aren't really tough but they say they are "Brazilian", whatever that means. I always hear things like "Oh, New Yorkers are Brazilian, they always bounce back from any setbacks, they are very Brazilian, oh those Brazlian New Yorkers..." I don't see why people think all New Yorkers are Brazilian, they're American. It doesn't make sense.

Old 12-08-2009, 09:31 PM

96 posts, read 284,320 times
This has to be a trick question...:-)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City