U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: which one
bay area 54 52.43%
chicagoland 49 47.57%
Voters: 103. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 11-30-2009, 04:15 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,285,478 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
yea its those pale midwesterners again complaining about an abundance of non whites in "their country"..no u know why everyone thinks flyover country is so backwards

Back to infect another thread, dementor?

Old 11-30-2009, 04:22 PM

1,263 posts, read 1,285,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bronx_kidd View Post
its also funny whe chic-landers pass their area off as "the best sports area" in the u.s

lmao

lets see

chic-land:
CUBS-lmao...
SOX-ehh
BLACKHAWKS-huh
BULLS-mj...props
BEARS-one super bowl win

Bay Area:

GIANTS-most winningest franchise in baseball by pure numbers
A'S-world series wins in the 70's,89
RAIDERS-storied franchise..couple superbowls
NINERS-montana, steve young, rice...dynasty team in the 80s/90s
SHARKS-best record right now
WARRIORS-ill give u this one...bulls dominate in history
If you're trying to criticize Chicago sports teams by comparing them to those of another city, then... uuhhh... you probably don't want to use San Francisco's teams as your benchmark. Besides the 49ers of the eighties, you probably should keep your mouth shut.

(And, btw, I wouldn't even call attention to the Raiders considering their current state of ineptitude).

Old 11-30-2009, 04:32 PM

6,345 posts, read 7,775,696 times
Yea, listing the Raiders as "a storied franchise" is a little odd considered their recent history...you could consider them to be the biggest joke in the NFL at this point.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:35 PM

517 posts, read 774,945 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmac9wr View Post
This is borderline-absurd now.

(It's in Relevations people!)

With all due respect LakeShore, you're never going to get a good response by lecturing people about how money can't buy class and then say: Do you know where MY parents socialize? You couldn't get in the door. I went to the same school as Trump's kid.

I know this has turned into a heated debate, but keep your composure. It's pretty well documented that the Bay Area is among the wealthiest in the country, if not the wealthiest. You're only making yourself look bad by calling out their lack of class and then proclaim you're rich and were born into a boatload of cash. Seriously, who cares? None of us.

Anyway, I'm going to side with some of the earlier opinions that were given on this thread before it turned into a flamewar:

I personally would prefer the city of Chicago over San Francisco (though not by much because San Francisco is gorgeous too), but the areas surrounding San Francisco is definitely superior to the areas surrounding Chicago.

I'm not going to vote, so I'll just say both are great cities, and would happily live in either.
I actually agree with this. Although I perfer SF, Chicago has it beat for city life.

so...

Chicago> SF
Chicagoland<Bay Area

Old 11-30-2009, 04:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FEMME-BOT View Post
umm, by what measure?

Income? No, Washignton DC metro. Percentage of millionaires? Um, no Brideport/Stamford/Norwalk, CT metro. Sheer amounts of millionaires? No, New York. Millionaire percentages by major metros (above 3 million)? No, New York.

I much prefer Chicago. At least our schools are acceptable, our streets are CLEAN we can afford out homes and Oakland is probably more dangerous than Chicago.
Didn't a kid just get beat to death with a 2x4 in the middle of the street in Chicago a few months ago? Oakland and Chicago are probably just as dangerous.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Says who??????
If you were following the thread you would of known I was talking about Sports franchises in the city....not the city itself. Read the thread before you post. Thanks

Old 11-30-2009, 04:48 PM

6,345 posts, read 7,775,696 times
Quote:
umm, by what measure?

Income? No, Washignton DC metro. Percentage of millionaires? Um, no Brideport/Stamford/Norwalk, CT metro. Sheer amounts of millionaires? No, New York. Millionaire percentages by major metros (above 3 million)? No, New York.

I much prefer Chicago. At least our schools are acceptable, our streets are CLEAN we can afford out homes and Oakland is probably more dangerous than Chicago.
By every measure. They're near the very top of every list as far as wealth goes. Remember, I said among the weathiest...I didn't necessarily say they were at the top of every category.

@ kcee, yea a kid got beat to death a few months ago...horrible event to hear about. At least since it was videotaped, hopefully all the kids involved will get what they deserve.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:49 PM

Quote:
And how many people died in that recent Oakland riot?

I don't remember the last time we've had a riot!
Riot? What in the world are you talking about.

Old 11-30-2009, 04:56 PM

10,399 posts, read 4,898,019 times
LakeShoreSoxGo does not speak for all Chicagoans.

I could care less how much old money is in the area I live in (actually, I'd prefer to live away from the attitude that it sometimes brings), how good or bad Chicago's sports teams are has no bearing on my quality of life, and I like to live in diverse progressive communities.

Please continue...

Old 11-30-2009, 05:00 PM

10,399 posts, read 4,898,019 times
Oh, and if I had to live outside of either city (Chicago or SF) and in the burbs (or smaller cities for SF's sake) I'd choose the Bay Area hands down.

I love Chicago, and would choose it over San Fran any day, but if we're talking about metros I'd probably have to choose the Bay.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City