U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which skyscraper is more unique?
Dallas "Fountain" 35 68.63%
Houston "Williams Tower" 16 31.37%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-09-2010, 07:27 PM

1,997 posts, read 3,595,140 times

Advertisements

Dallas fountain tower because the design is different than many skyscrapers i have seen
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-11-2010, 03:52 PM

10,180 posts, read 4,981,906 times
Williams Tower derives it's most unique aspect from it's location. The fact that it's not located in downtown. It's the tallest building in USA that is not centered in a downtown, and at one point it was the tallest building in the world that wasn't centered in the Central Business District. I don't know about the world anymore, or that if it still is. But it still is the tallest in USA outside of a CBD.

However by design, the one in Dallas wins. I can admit to that, they have a far better design and it's more "unique" like from that derived aspect. So building wise, the Fountain Place Tower wins this, hands down, IMHO.

Old 01-17-2011, 01:42 PM

4,687 posts, read 3,855,054 times
Fountain Place

Old 01-17-2011, 03:12 PM

2,059 posts, read 1,970,657 times
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... the fountain place?? really? yuck! i've never liked that building. that looks like some origami shape or a poorly made paper plane. i just do not get people sometimes.

yes, the williams tower wins this one. people on here are very silly.

ok sure... fountain place is more "unique" but that's not indicative of being better.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww.... the fountain place?? really? yuck! i've never liked that building. that looks like some origami shape or a poorly made paper plane. i just do not get people sometimes.

yes, the williams tower wins this one. people on here are very silly.

ok sure... fountain place is more "unique" but that's not indicative of being better.
Fountain Place won in the poll, so it must be better.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HtownLove View Post
lol, this is city data, it proves nothing.

and I didn't get a chance to vote
I know

Old 01-17-2011, 03:29 PM

2,059 posts, read 1,970,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallaz View Post
Fountain Place won in the poll, so it must be better.
That's based on 51 people. On one site. I mean.... forget the 11 million+ that make up Houston and Dallas population and their opinions. Or forget what the rest of Texas has to say, or the U.S. for that matter.

I'm not trying to be crude or anything.... I just really dislike that building. I prefer the Reunion Tower more over that poor excuse of a skyscraper. The only thing I like about it is that it's all glass and has a really cool reflection when the sun is bright.

btw, have you ever used google sketch? that building and it's architectural style looks like some high school kid came up with it on google sketch. in fact, i think i've designed much more impressive skyscrapers than that one.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:29 PM

2,318 posts, read 4,950,442 times
I like both, but Fountain Place is more unique IMHO.

Old 01-17-2011, 03:30 PM

18,516 posts, read 16,214,927 times
plus the question asks which is more unique. Fountain place id definitely more unique, it is uniquely ugly in my opinion. Easily the ugliest in Dallas

Old 01-17-2011, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by migol84 View Post
That's based on 51 people. On one site. I mean.... forget the 11 million+ that make up Houston and Dallas population and their opinions. Or forget what the rest of Texas has to say, or the U.S. for that matter.

I'm not trying to be crude or anything.... I just really dislike that building. I prefer the Reunion Tower more over that poor excuse of a skyscraper. The only thing I like about it is that it's all glass and has a really cool reflection when the sun is bright.
I have never heard anyone say the skyscraper was ugly. You have your own opinion and I have mine. The same architect designed the JPMorgan Chase Tower in Houston. Now, that building is ugly.

I know the ugliest skyscraper ever built was the World Trade Center.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City