U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
Old 09-04-2007, 01:56 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,573,628 times
Reputation: 794

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
Not by percentage.
I don't care about percentage. If a city with 200,000 people and gains 20%ever year, that's a gain of a pretty small number, so them becoming the largest city is never going to happen. But if a city with 8 million is gaining 200,000 people every year, they're going to remain the largest. Percentages can be used for crime, but for population it just doesn't work.

 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:10 PM
 
5,629 posts, read 13,317,172 times
Reputation: 2895
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
Not by percentage.
hey r u the guy on SSC for "Incredible Pics of LA"?
 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:14 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
167 posts, read 227,956 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
I don't care about percentage. If a city with 200,000 people and gains 20%ever year, that's a gain of a pretty small number, so them becoming the largest city is never going to happen. But if a city with 8 million is gaining 200,000 people every year, they're going to remain the largest. Percentages can be used for crime, but for population it just doesn't work.
A city's growth rate is measured by its percentage of increase (or decrease), not by its numerical difference.
 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:15 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
167 posts, read 227,956 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessemh431 View Post
hey r u the guy on SSC for "Incredible Pics of LA"?
Yup, that's me.
 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:18 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,573,628 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
A city's growth rate is measured by its percentage of increase (or decrease), not by its numerical difference.
I realize that, which is why I said we're gaining population faster than any other American city.

Ft. Worth is the fastest growing city in America, but is it ever going to pass NYC if NYC is gaining more population? Hell no.
 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:22 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
167 posts, read 227,956 times
Reputation: 36
Forget it. You'll never understand.
 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:31 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,573,628 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
Forget it. You'll never understand.
No, I understand completely. It seems as though you're the one who doesn't understand. What I'm saying is that NYC's gaining more population than any other city in America, therefore it will remain the largest city.
 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:42 PM
 
Location: Los Angeles, CA
167 posts, read 227,956 times
Reputation: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
No, I understand completely. It seems as though you're the one who doesn't understand. What I'm saying is that NYC's gaining more population than any other city in America, therefore it will remain the largest city.
I would like you to provide the source where you get this information from.
 
Old 09-04-2007, 02:53 PM
 
Location: Scarsdale, NY
2,775 posts, read 10,573,628 times
Reputation: 794
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westsidelife View Post
I would like you to provide the source where you get this information from.
The fastest growing U.S. cities - Jun. 28, 2007
 
Old 09-04-2007, 03:13 PM
 
Location: the best coast
718 posts, read 2,442,263 times
Reputation: 213
http://www.city-data.com/forum/gener...ouve-seen.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2018, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top