U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-06-2011, 05:28 PM

3,974 posts, read 3,934,902 times

Advertisements

New York sucks because they put ketchup on hot dogs there.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:31 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,282,690 times
killakoolaide, I've noticed the four cities you come after are always Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, & Houston. Is it just to bother me or something? (Just asking) I've lived in Dallas before. I live in Chicago & Houston, and was born in one of them and raised in the other. Is it just periodically to bother me in particular because the choices of cities you go after are just so coincidental with where I trace my roots too.

I don't know what these places have done to you and stuff and how they've harmed you, but don't you think its a bit much making all these generalizations over places you haven't seen? You know if you saw them, you might actually like a few of them and what they have to offer.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:35 PM

2,420 posts, read 3,865,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DANNYY View Post
If you think Chicago for a larger city has problems you should see Los Angeles right now killakooliade. Cleaning up large cities and their problems isn't easy. Yes Chicago has its problems but its only in concentrated areas.

If you've been to Chicago you will know why its a great and beautiful city (architecturally). Actually killakoolaide, from what I know of you and the things you like, you actually may like the place more than you'll care to admit.
Bears are actually my second favorite team. Come to think of it Chicago is like a larger Philly, minus the really old architechure and rowhomes.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:42 PM

Quote:
killakoolaide, I've noticed the four cities you come after are always Atlanta, Chicago, Dallas, & Houston. Is it just to bother me or something? (Just asking) I've lived in Dallas before. I live in Chicago & Houston, and was born in one of them and raised in the other. Is it just periodically to bother me in particular because the choices of cities you go after are just so coincidental with where I trace my roots too.

I don't know what these places have done to you and stuff and how they've harmed you, but don't you think its a bit much making all these generalizations over places you haven't seen? You know if you saw them, you might actually like a few of them and what they have to offer.
Dallas obvious
Houston, I don't have a problem wit it. I jus get mad at the pump.
Atlanta, way overhyped
Chicago, No problems, they are jus nowhere near NYC level.

But I don't feel I target these places for my hate. I hate everywhere equally.

Old 01-06-2011, 05:58 PM

10,171 posts, read 12,282,690 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by killakoolaide View Post
Dallas obvious
LOL Cowboys. Dallas is a nice city though though, if you're into different and stuff Dallas is a great cultural center, especially with Fort Worth. There aren't many Dallas posters around, so I have to explain that for Dallas on my part.
Quote:
Houston, I don't have a problem wit it. I jus get mad at the pump.
I'm guessing this means when Houston posters start getting all cocky and acting like their city is now the Garden of Eden or something?

To be frank, I hate that too. I go through a few threads sometimes and normally have to bring some Houston posters back down to reality, I agree some Houston posters do take it so far. I think about last week there was some Houston poster that was trying to show what a great investment Houston has been to new places and whatever (because it is) but then called New York City & Hudson River a "toilet bowl" or something. See that's just retarded and a can opening for a bash fest. Some posters don't get it, they bash a place, A LOT of others will retaliate and bash Houston back.

Those people don't speak for Houston as a whole.
Quote:
Atlanta, way overhyped
I like Atlanta. Its actually a very pretty city, and it gets a bad wrap for nothing on this site for things it doesn't deserve. Yes Houston has posters that bash and tease people and places. Atlanta has posters that kind of do paint the image that Atlanta is all that and stuff sometimes, but these posters are only a few people and don't speak for the whole city.

Every city represented online here has its share of absolute nut jobs. Houston & Atlanta are no exceptions to it.
Quote:
Chicago, No problems, they are jus nowhere near NYC level.

But I don't feel I target these places for my hate. I hate everywhere equally.
Well do you think Los Angeles is on New York City's level? I never see you go into any Los Angeles or New York City threads saying that. New York City's economy is twice as large as Los Angeles's. What New York City has in 6,600 square miles takes Los Angeles 32,000 square miles to do and still comes 4-5 million short. But people still go after only Chicago in threads about New York City & Chicago.

New Yorkers didn't make this thread. New Yorkers, from what I know on this site do not make threads about their city as much, its outsiders that do. Chicagoans didn't make this thread. Chicagoans know everytime a Chicago & New York City thread is made, one gets bashed to death, the other gets all the positive attention. Los Angelenos know that everytime a Los Angeles & New York City thread is made, that their city gets bashed to death, while the other gets praised to death.

So why make threads asking for hell and death? Simple, because the locales of either of those cities didn't make the thread in the first place.

Why hate places? It's America, you have the ability to get on the plane and go anywhere you want in this country and see everything and know its in your country, your country. Seattle is just as much your city as it is someone else's city, Philadelphia is just as much my city as it is your city. That's what our country is, its a open market and its an amazing collection of diverse and unique cities. There's a city for everyone out there, there is no perfect place but there is a place that comes as close to everyones personality as possible.

What's there to hate on? It's all America, its all good. Imagine living in Singapore (I have), you need your passport to see other cities and countries, Singapore is a city-country, not much to see outside of that one place. To see elsewhere you need your passport ready and papers ready to go off shore.

Old 01-06-2011, 06:00 PM

3,625 posts, read 6,980,091 times
Quote:
LOL Cowboys. Dallas is a nice city though though, if you're into different and stuff Dallas is a great cultural center, especially with Fort Worth. There aren't many Dallas posters around, so I have to explain that for Dallas on my part.

I'm guessing this means when Houston posters start getting all cocky and acting like their city is now the Garden of Eden or something?

To be frank, I hate that too. I go through a few threads sometimes and normally have to bring some Houston posters back down to reality, I agree some Houston posters do take it so far. I think about last week there was some Houston poster that was trying to show what a great investment Houston has been to new places and whatever (because it is) but then called New York City & Hudson River a "toilet bowl" or something. See that's just retarded and a can opening for a bash fest. Some posters don't get it, they bash a place, A LOT of others will retaliate and bash Houston back.

I like Atlanta. Its actually a very pretty city, and it gets a bad wrap for nothing on this site for things it doesn't deserve. Yes Houston has posters that bash and tease people and places. Atlanta has posters that kind of do paint the image that Atlanta is all that and stuff sometimes, but these posters are only a few people and don't speak for the whole city.

Every city represented online here has its share of absolute nut jobs. Houston & Atlanta are no exceptions to it.

Well do you think Los Angeles is on New York City's level? I never see you go into any Los Angeles or New York City threads saying that. New York City's economy is twice as large as Los Angeles's. What New York City has in 6,600 square miles takes Los Angeles 32,000 square miles to do and still comes 4-5 million short. But people still go after only Chicago in threads about New York City & Chicago.

New Yorkers didn't make this thread. New Yorkers, from what I know on this site do not make threads about their city as much, its outsiders that do. Chicagoans didn't make this thread. Chicagoans know everytime a Chicago & New York City thread is made, one gets bashed to death, the other gets all the positive attention. Los Angelenos know that everytime a Los Angeles & New York City thread is made, that their city gets bashed to death, while the other gets praised to death.

So why make threads asking for hell and death? Simple, because the locales of either of those cities didn't make the thread in the first place.

Why hate places? It's America, you have the ability to get on the plane and go anywhere you want in this country and see everything and know its in your country, your country. Seattle is just as much your city as it is someone else's city, Philadelphia is just as much my city as it is your city. That's what our country is, its a open market and its an amazing collection of diverse and unique cities. There's a city for everyone out there, there is no perfect place but there is a place that comes as close to everyones personality as possible.

What's there to hate on? It's all America, its all good. Imagine living in Singapore (I have), you need your passport to see other cities and countries, Singapore is a city-country, not much to see outside of that one place. To see elsewhere you need your passport ready and papers ready to go off shore.
And this whole time I thought I was the only one who felt the same

Old 01-06-2011, 06:44 PM

Quote:

nope. And I ment gas pump.

Last edited by killakoolaide; 01-06-2011 at 07:05 PM..

Old 01-06-2011, 07:07 PM

3,974 posts, read 3,934,902 times
Quote:
Bears are actually my second favorite team. Come to think of it Chicago is like a larger Philly, minus the really old architechure and rowhomes.
If you have never been to Chicago then how would you know that it's like a 'larger Philly'? I don't see what the two have in common other than they are both large, urban cities. Chicago's physical layout, size and racial demographics are a lot different than Philadelphia's. Chicago is also a midwestern city to the core, not an east coast city.

Old 01-06-2011, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicago South Sider View Post
If you have never been to Chicago then how would you know that it's like a 'larger Philly'? I don't see what the two have in common other than they are both large, urban cities. Chicago's physical layout, size and racial demographics are a lot different than Philadelphia's. Chicago is also a midwestern city to the core, not an east coast city.
ard man. I was actually trynna give it props by comparin it to Philly. But nevamind, like you said it's some big, wierd midwestern thing.

Old 01-06-2011, 08:12 PM

2,601 posts, read 3,927,774 times
Is there something wrong with preferring Chicago to New York City????
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or