Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-29-2007, 10:32 PM

2,787 posts, read 11,496,911 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skatealoneskatetogether View Post
my favorite memory of a yankees fan was some anglo-saxon looking type all decked out in new york gear. a's won the game and as the yankee's fan was walking down the stairs people disgarded their bottom of the cup beer on his head. priceless.the only thing better than being a yankee's fan is hating yankees fans.
Yeah, same goes on everywhere. We went to an Mariners at Yankees game this year. There was this cocky idiot sitting in front of us so we ended up drenched in beer leaving the stadium. Earlier in that game a fan threw a beer bottle at a Mariners fan, the dude was kicked out of course. I must have seen at least 6 fans being carried out in handcuffs that game. People love to hate the Yankes, but the when we're the away team we pack the stadium. Full house all the time. Baseball would be nothing without the Yanks, there's no arguing that.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:33 PM

Quote:
my favorite memory of a yankees fan was some anglo-saxon looking type all decked out in new york gear. a's won the game and as the yankee's fan was walking down the stairs people disgarded their bottom of the cup beer on his head. priceless.the only thing better than being a yankee's fan is hating yankees fans.
The jackass who dumped the beer wouldn't dare walk through Section 39 in Yankee Stadium.

Old 08-29-2007, 10:39 PM

718 posts, read 2,687,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
The jackass who dumped the beer wouldn't dare walk through Section 39 in Yankee Stadium.
yea and the yankee fan got a dose of good old blue collar oakland hospitality

Old 08-30-2007, 05:01 AM

1,135 posts, read 1,206,624 times
Oh, yes. Section 39! I concurr. My goodness, shenanikins abound in that dreaded section 39. Oh my stars, section 39 brings back so many memories for me. I remembah, sitting with my best friend FutchaCop, and we had on ouwah Yankee gehhr, ouwah Yankee hats, ouwah gloves, ouwah shoits and sowacks and bling. And watta ya know, outta nowheyah, I've gowat beahr ouwan my heayad. So New Yoik! So glayad ta be a pawt of it!

Old 08-30-2007, 06:38 AM

13 posts, read 52,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisak64 View Post
As a Chicagoan, let me say, Thank you! I'm going to Ireland for the first time! Leaving on 9/6!
ah lovely, what part ? Im living in the "sunny southeast".... we stayed near fullerton when we were there, I have to say...the people in chicago are so nice, everyone made us feel so welcome..would love to be back there now!!!

Old 08-30-2007, 09:17 AM

20,004 posts, read 77,355,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Oh, yes. Section 39! I concurr. My goodness, shenanikins abound in that dreaded section 39. Oh my stars, section 39 brings back so many memories for me. I remembah, sitting with my best friend FutchaCop, and we had on ouwah Yankee gehhr, ouwah Yankee hats, ouwah gloves, ouwah shoits and sowacks and bling. And watta ya know, outta nowheyah, I've gowat beahr ouwan my heayad. So New Yoik! So glayad ta be a pawt of it!
Er, hows bouts wes go to uh Astrows game, y'all. We can sip sum sweet tea unda the shade in thuh humidituh, and swat some skeeters. Then when were dun, we can go back to thuh trailuh park and eat grits. Get r dun!

Old 08-30-2007, 11:06 AM

3,674 posts, read 8,658,751 times
I think Chicago is better than NYC, based on years of personal experience, but I wasn't aware that this was the general opinion. Must have missed a memo somewhere along the way.

I grew up outside Chi, but never actually went into the city for anything until after moving back from NYC. At that point it was a huge relief.

Old 08-30-2007, 11:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by milquetoast View Post
Yeah, Section 39, rowdiest fans in all of baseball. That's where that vid I posted is from (that area). Only the adults from talk like that. And personally, I think it's a cool, rough sounding accent. True urban accent. But at least we ain't talkin lahk this, ya'll. Or totally, dude, that's like gnarly like totally crazy, bro, peace, dude! Gay ass hippie California accent.

And you didn't even get the accent right. Glayad? That's a Buffalo, NY accent. We say glad.

Old 08-30-2007, 12:03 PM

Quote:
yea and the yankee fan got a dose of good old blue collar oakland hospitality
A's fans are crappy fans. As in crappy, I mean disloyal. A's fans have got their share at Yankee Stadium, believe me. Same with Angels fans. In my life, I'v seen at least a dozen opposing fans being carried out in a stretcher. One Red Sox fan we saw walking back to the parking garage had a blooded up tissue up his nose. Not that I am for violence, but dude, you sat in Yankee Stadium with the Bleacher Creatures, what did you expect?

Old 08-30-2007, 01:12 PM

718 posts, read 2,687,669 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FutureCop View Post
A's fans are crappy fans. As in crappy, I mean disloyal. A's fans have got their share at Yankee Stadium, believe me. Same with Angels fans. In my life, I'v seen at least a dozen opposing fans being carried out in a stretcher. One Red Sox fan we saw walking back to the parking garage had a blooded up tissue up his nose. Not that I am for violence, but dude, you sat in Yankee Stadium with the Bleacher Creatures, what did you expect?
yea yea sure sure. Talk about the old days, everyoen knows yankee stadium is cookie cutter commercialized now. The days of 1980's yankee baseball are long gone. The bleacher creatures you speak of are manhattanites and suburbanites going to "watch the ball game". a sorry trendy lot indeed not quiet as sorry or trendy as cubs fans i can give you that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City