Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-09-2012, 05:24 AM

2,598 posts, read 4,922,861 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by angelmind View Post
Logical person would say: I don't know of a single aspect of urbanity that is of higher quality in Chicago than in New York.
You say, I don't know what it is but I guarantee it exists LOL
I'm not inclined to go any farther than this, because you are just an anonymous person. This is subjective - you do not know all (even though you think you do). So, anonymous person writing under a pseudonym, I'm not going to be bullied by someone who is, perhaps, a little unreasonable. I don't have to come up with reasons for you, because this is not definitive, and you are not the judge. Funny, but here, everyone can have an opinion.

LOL

Old 07-09-2012, 06:23 AM

71 posts, read 73,267 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NowInWI View Post
I'm not inclined to go any farther than this, because you are just an anonymous person. This is subjective - you do not know all (even though you think you do). So, anonymous person writing under a pseudonym, I'm not going to be bullied by someone who is, perhaps, a little unreasonable. I don't have to come up with reasons for you, because this is not definitive, and you are not the judge. Funny, but here, everyone can have an opinion.

LOL
I agree: no one should be bullied to make any sense or to support their opinions with any evidence.
Especially if they are both anonymous

Last edited by angelmind; 07-09-2012 at 06:52 AM..

Old 07-09-2012, 08:31 AM

5,525 posts, read 13,944,999 times
So let me get this straight. Everyone in Chicago is either some kind of loser who couldn't hack it in NYC or a deluded Midwestern bumpkin? And I suppose that makes anyone who lives in NYC some kind of demi-God?

Old 07-09-2012, 09:25 AM

451 posts, read 694,906 times
Quote:
No but most Chicagoans seem to be burdened with deep inferiority complex that make them read every comment and every criticism of Chicago as an all out assault on their city. The even believe that anybody who does not see Chicago as equal to New York is in hart a biased Chicago hater.

You know very well I wasn't responding to you but to a poster who claimed he lived in New York and moved Chicago.

We all know very well that most people do not treat a move from New York to Chicago as an upgrade of any kind, it's quite the opposite as you can judge by the number of prominent Chicagoans who now reside in New York City.

Who said that?

Old 07-09-2012, 09:25 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,949,764 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RS085 View Post
Yeah, and ten bucks says its entirely immigrants or interboro movement.

As I alluded to above, THEY ARE NOT THE DRAW OF THE CITY.

Nobody transfers their job from Seattle, excited about the city because of the ****ing Bronx. The draw is MAINLY Manhattan. Most people around the US cant even name all 5 boros.
You speak in very very vague generalizations, your posts have no substance. You do not know what you are talking about.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAReastcoast View Post
Based on your emotional posts, it appears you may be the one who is neurotic, not the other 30 million people in the North East.

You obviously arent from the Northeast.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:29 AM

1,773 posts, read 2,673,611 times
Quote:
He's never even been to New York: note his reference to Olive Garden or claim that nobody but tourists buy from street food vendors.
He's a troll and the whole topic was designed as troll bait.

Midwest been traditionally burdened with inferiority complex which usually exemplifies in bashing other Midwestern cities but also so "subtle" backhanded complements towards New York and LA. You know very well that Chicago has been loosing their best people to New York and LA for a long time. You probably know that accroding to census Chicago has lost population in the past ten years while Chicago sports and other entertainment is not in the top league any more. All they have left are their big mouths and CD. Pathetic.
I'm not going to read the whole thread as it's too long and keeps growing too quickly every time I read it, but you are def coming off as one of the worst trolls in the thread... and in a very condescending and stereotypical way in a lot of your posts... Are you always that stressed about this kind of thing or has this guy just got you that worked up?

Anyways... For me this all depends on what we mean by "better." I clearly put New York on an entirely different level than Chicago in absolute terms, and agree with most of the criticisms of and advantages of Chicago. That said, I can very clearly see how people would feel that a great city like Chicago is better for them personally which on an individual level is what matters most to them. As another poster conveyed, seriously, how is this thread so long?

Old 07-09-2012, 09:31 AM

FAR and tristan..

Im done responding to your BS.

Old 07-09-2012, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Anyway, it seems like all people care about on here is just to point out that "NYC wins on almost all fronts" or "NYC trumps all other cities", etc. ,etc. Thats great, the more I travel outside of NY and Northeast, the more I see that other people dont care nearly as much as we think they do either. I highly doubt there are factions of Chicagoans and Los Angelenos that sit around and think about how much they wished they were in NYC.
I am not sure how to give it to you so you can understand. Let's try. New York Yankees are the greatest baseball team ever yet most people do not sit and think how much they wished they were a part of that team.
They don't but it does not preclude that the Yankees are the best team. Do you get it now?

It seems to me that you have some inferiority complex that makes you read all comments, from all posters, like a constant praise of New York. They are not. When we say New York has the best public transportation in the country its not really a praise of New York or bashing other cities but simply observing a simple and verifiable statistical data. It also appears that Chicago posters require constant reassurance as in: New York has the best transportation system in the country but Chicago's EL is good, too. LOL

Old 07-09-2012, 09:34 AM

Quote:
FAR and tristan..

Im done responding to your BS.
So I understand you agree with what oycrumbler says... Good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City