U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 12-06-2009, 01:07 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,904 posts, read 6,421,392 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
I would think that there are very few cities that compare to NYC. Usually it's pitted again London, Tokyo, or Paris.

Luckily there aren't many of us NYers like how he describes. Majority of people I've met in the city and burbs are open-minded and well-traveled.

 
Old 12-06-2009, 01:14 PM
 
Location: New York City
1,555 posts, read 2,145,896 times
Reputation: 904
Now that is an amusing statement.....there is no reason for New Yorkers to be bitter, this city came out on top as the favorite city!

Not to mention the recent Time Out Magazine reader survey which has voted us worlds best city. I will also add a well deserved title and win. This city is a blast, has a ton of things to do as a 24 hour city (the city that never sleeps), offers fantastic job opportunities, fantastic shopping, world class entertainment and Broadway performances, 20,000 + restaurants, beautiful skyline, just keep your eyes open and you will walk right past celebrities and with 8 million people living here there is always a ton of interesting people to meet.

Ebck120, you are right on point.....NYC beat London, Tokyo and other world cities recently as worlds best city.

New York Beats London as 'World's Best City' - CNBC

If anything we are proud to be New Yorkers.
*

Last edited by NewYorkBorn; 12-06-2009 at 01:23 PM..
 
Old 12-06-2009, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Concrete jungle where dreams are made of.
8,904 posts, read 6,421,392 times
Reputation: 1819
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewYorkBorn View Post
Now that is an amusing statement.....there is no reason for New Yorkers to be bitter, this city came out on top as the favorite city!

Not to mention the recent Time Out Magazine reader survey which has voted us worlds best city. I will also add a well deserved title and win. This city is a blast, has a ton of things to do as a 24 hour city (the city that never sleeps), offers fantastic job opportunities, fantastic shopping, world class entertainment and Broadway performances, 20,000 + restaurants, beautiful skyline, just keep your eyes open and you will walk right past celebrities and with 8 million people living here there is always a ton of interesting people to meet.

New York Beats London as 'World's Best City' - CNBC

If anything we are proud to be New Yorkers.
*

We definitely are proud
 
Old 12-06-2009, 02:06 PM
 
Location: Houston
2,026 posts, read 2,401,418 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rachael84 View Post
How did NY get both least and most friendly/helpful? Doesn't make sense.
Haha! This. I noticed that too.
 
Old 12-06-2009, 02:18 PM
 
586 posts, read 688,216 times
Reputation: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Haha! This. I noticed that too.
it means that just as many people that found NY to be friendly found it to be unfriendly as well.
 
Old 12-06-2009, 02:24 PM
 
Location: Houston
2,026 posts, read 2,401,418 times
Reputation: 436
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebck120 View Post
it means that just as many people that found NY to be friendly found it to be unfriendly as well.
Or people where just voting based on stereotypes rather than actually experience. I've never been to New York, but the NYers I've met seem friendly enough. I don't know if NYC is the friendliest city in the country, but I doubt it's the least.
 
Old 12-06-2009, 02:33 PM
 
586 posts, read 688,216 times
Reputation: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by wpmeads View Post
Or people where just voting based on stereotypes rather than actually experience. I've never been to New York, but the NYers I've met seem friendly enough. I don't know if NYC is the friendliest city in the country, but I doubt it's the least.
I personally have found it both friendly and unfriendly, but thats most cities, maybe people voted for NYC because it's where most tourists have been.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2014, Advameg, Inc.

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25 - Top