Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-24-2009, 10:48 AM

486 posts, read 1,035,055 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tdallas View Post
I visited and was surprised by how much I liked it. I'm not sure I could live there, but to visit was pleasant. However, KC has the worst airport I've ever been to.
Really? I think the KC airport, while smaller than most other international airports, is very easy to navigate. I like it since my in and out time is much lower there than in most other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-24-2009, 10:55 AM

155 posts, read 733,498 times
Concerning the airport, maybe they've changed it since I was last there in 2006, but once you go through security, you're stuck with no food or stores or anything. Plus, it was very drab looking.

Old 12-24-2009, 10:58 AM

294 posts, read 781,711 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeaconJ View Post
Okay...then you probably can't compare "Carolina BBQ" to any other unless you know which one you've had.
Sorry to rattle your cage but I made my comparison based on what I had opportunity to experience. The BBQ in Iraq might be better than them all but have not had chance to taste it as yet. Therefore......

Old 12-24-2009, 11:17 AM

11,108 posts, read 23,876,006 times
I personally think the BBQ in KC can vary quite a bit from place to place, so I don't know how you guys can base an opinion of an entire city, state or even region unless you eat bbq every day for a week. Again, I like bbq everywhere, but I'm used to KC's style, so I like it. I'm sure a lot places have great bbq. What I do know is that a lot of places have horrible bbq as well.

As far as KCI airport. It's dark, drab, dated and the whole thing pretty much sucks. It's not really a small airport, it just feels small because there is no central common area. You only see a few gates around where your gate is and that's it. It would be like only seeing a small wing of gates at most large airports, you know, after you go through security and then you walk through all the big shared concourses to your smaller gate area. Well in KC, you skip all that and each section of gates has their own security. So you don't see 95% of the other people using the airport since they are all doing the same thing. Since there is no central concourses, there is no place in the airport that generates enough foot traffic to sustain retail, restaurants etc.

I think it's a horrible airport, but the locals love it because if you live there, it's extremely easy get to your gate or back to your car / bus. But you don't want to get caught in KCI in a delay or have to change planes there. It's the worst airport in the country to be stuck in for more than 30 minutes.

Old 12-24-2009, 11:21 AM

7,845 posts, read 20,800,248 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladt View Post
Sorry to rattle your cage but I made my comparison based on what I had opportunity to experience. The BBQ in Iraq might be better than them all but have not had chance to taste it as yet. Therefore......

Calm down...I was just informing you that there are two distinct styles of BBQ in North Carolina, so to say that "Carolina BBQ" is better or worse than other BBQ you would need to specify. Anyone who is familiar with BBQ in NC would know this. It seems that most people from outside the region would not know this. Case closed.

Old 12-24-2009, 02:27 PM

294 posts, read 781,711 times
Quote:
Calm down...I was just informing you that there are two distinct styles of BBQ in North Carolina, so to say that "Carolina BBQ" is better or worse than other BBQ you would need to specify. Anyone who is familiar with BBQ in NC would know this. It seems that most people from outside the region would not know this. Case closed.
Thank for the clarification. I think I am calm now...

Old 12-26-2009, 11:10 PM

415 posts, read 1,209,905 times
Quote:
There are two very distinct styles of North Carolina BBQ...three if you include South Carolina. So there is no "Carolinas BBQ". I wonder which kind you experienced?
Gotta have the Lexington Style WAAAYYY better than all the rest of NC BBQ ketchup and vinegar based with a few spices and one that other types of BBQ dont have except Lexington style is the BBQ Slaw! Now thats a wrap with some hush puppies and some fries and a side of toast! Oh my lord Im getting hungry!

Old 12-26-2009, 11:13 PM

415 posts, read 1,209,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gladt View Post
Eaten at several places in the Charlotte area and a few places in SC. In Columbia and Charleston areas. Don't know exactly what "type" they were, didn't ask. Was too hungry to ask.
YUUUKKK I hate SC BBQ its friggin mustard based!! NASTY!! Bout puked when I ate some!

Old 12-27-2009, 07:31 PM

10,400 posts, read 15,575,030 times
Kamsas City Big MO against the world of BBQ....Lord Have Mercy

Old 01-24-2010, 01:01 PM

11 posts, read 22,246 times
If you want KC to get more respect (or not lose the respect it already has) -- don't encourage film crews to come in a shoot programs called "KC swat", or things similar. Shows like KC Swat holds your town up to the world as a crime-ridden craphole.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City