U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Happy Halloween!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2009, 12:41 AM

6,494 posts, read 6,604,595 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
Phillips Arena

or

American Airlines Center
I'll go with Phillips Arena for obvious reasons (LOL), but also some not so obvious reasons. The Arena is located in one of the most fascinating urban areas found anywhere. One reason is that it is right next door to the CNN center, and across the street is the storied Centennial Olympic Park. The other is that it is located in one of the few areas in the city that you can view the Downtown Viaducts. Not many people know this, but Downtown for the most part sits on stilts about 100 feet above the actual ground.

There is an entire network of Subway, Freight and forgotten tunnels all underneath that area.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:42 AM

631 posts, read 700,773 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KDN99 View Post
Because there is nothing to praise.

For instance, the transit. People in Atlanta acutally think they have a good transit system.
For a southern city yes and to be ranked 7th in USA is great being there are lots of major cities without great transportation no rail at all... For us there is lots too praise we see it everyday you dont... WHy cant you just go to another forum....

Old 12-27-2009, 12:44 AM

95 posts, read 8,703 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
For a southern city yes and to be ranked 7th in USA is great being there are lots of major cities without great transportation no rail at all... For us there is lots too praise we see it everyday you dont... WHy cant you just go to another forum....
Because I call people out when they make stupid claims and bolster their city.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:44 AM

4,236 posts, read 5,740,455 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post
I'll go with Phillips Arena for obvious reasons (LOL), but also some not so obvious reasons. The Arena is located in one of the most fascinating urban areas found anywhere. One reason is that it is right next door to the CNN center, and across the street is the storied Centennial Olympic Park. The other is that it is located in one of the few areas in the city that you can view the Downtown Viaducts. Not many people know this, but Downtown for the most part sits on stilts about 100 feet above the actual ground.

There is an entire network of Subway, Freight and forgotten tunnels all underneath that area.
I would have never known that. I knew about the portion over the underground, but not most of downtown.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:45 AM

238 posts, read 323,118 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by waronxmas View Post

I know exactly where you are talking about too because I got a chance to down into the subway several years back. I want to say that that was Norfolk Southern down there too. It may still be there, but it was a while ago since I was down on that end.

Old 12-27-2009, 12:45 AM

631 posts, read 700,773 times
Quote:
Because I call people out when they make stupid claims and bolster their city.

Why do you do that is there nothing else for you to do.... you have too much time on your hand my friend....

Old 12-27-2009, 12:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Why do you do that is there nothing else for you to do.... you have too much time on your hand my friend....
You are replying. Is there nothing for you to do?

Old 12-27-2009, 12:50 AM

Actually, I love Atlanta.

Afterall, it is the only city in America centered around a Chick Fil A

2,250 posts, read 1,847,363 times
Quote:
LMFAO!!!!!!

I am on the floor right now.

If someone gave me a house in Atlanta, it would be on the market tomorrow.
Quote:
My point is that most people, meaning nationwide.......... have NOT heard of those schools outside of GT.
Quote:
I live in DUMBO.
Quote:
Ummmmmm. Probably because your standards for transit are lower than mine.

Everyone that I know who has moved to Atlanta has complained about their transit. MARTA IS AWFUL!!!

Honestly, it doesn't matter if I have never stepped foot in Atlanta. Anyone can tell from the number of stations and number of riders per day that their transit sucks.
Quote:
Spoken like a true person who has not experienced anything culturally except for Atlanta. LMFAO!!!
Quote:
Do you understand that for the 40th time or do I need to repeat myself again?
Quote:
They take the subway. You are silly. Try to use common sense.
Quote:
WALKING, which is another issue with Atlanta.

Atlanta is LOW.............#22 .
Quote:
Why?

Becuase I don't praise Atlanta?

Stop living up to your screenname.

Dude you got some issues, every thing you said is a attack you even attack New Orleans when it's not even with in the topic of this thread. You brought up New York why? this is about Atlanta vs Dallas and not to mention ALL your comments are rude! We get it you hate Atlanta, you have a east coast superior complex and you really came here to argue why you feel the east coast better.

238 posts, read 323,118 times
Quote:
You are replying. Is there nothing for you to do?
well he is talking about his city so he can talk as long as he want.. Now my question to you is this: which one do you like better, Dallas or Atlanta. Once you tell me which one leave the forum please??
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $84,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City