U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 1.5 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
Jump to a detailed profile or search
site with Google Custom Search

Business Search - 14 Million verified businesses
Search for:  near: 
View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-23-2010, 09:28 PM

5,098 posts, read 4,504,052 times
if south dallas is country then northside houston and westside atlanta are just as well

south dallas = larger waco?? i don't think so. i know people from both areas and i don't see the comparison

Old 01-23-2010, 09:34 PM

15,831 posts, read 19,361,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
If he is so what. There's nothing wrong with being country. Dallas specifically South Dallas like that posted in this thread is pretty country. It reminds me of a larger sized Waco. Even Dallasites that I have met have said this. It's very laid back and slow. Now the rest of Dallas is not like this. North Dallas is eons different. I do think this video is an embarrassment to Dallas.
Yeah I will admit the Blacks in North Dallas are different than the blacks in South Dallas.

I think what makes blacks in Dallas country is how they dress, how they talk (loud), and personality. You put Black Dallasites in with room with black ATLiens and Houstonians. The Dallasites will be the loudest and the crunkest.

Them girls sound just like part of my family to be honest; it's just how we was born and raised lol

Old 01-23-2010, 09:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
if south dallas is country then northside houston and westside atlanta are just as well

south dallas = larger waco?? i don't think so. i know people from both areas and i don't see the comparison
Thats a lie. Waco and Dallas have a strong bond; especially within the black community. We sound and act just alike. Some Dallasites will call us country, but they have NO room to talk down on us when they act the same. When I first came down to Houston; lots of Houstonians assumed I was from Dallas because of my accent. Even these two chicks from Fort Worth and a girl from Dallas though so.

You go to East Waco; you will feel like your in South Dallas.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:44 PM

967 posts, read 942,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
If he is so what. There's nothing wrong with being country. Dallas specifically South Dallas like that posted in this thread is pretty country. It reminds me of a larger sized Waco. Even Dallasites that I have met have said this. It's very laid back and slow. Now the rest of Dallas is not like this. North Dallas is eons different. I do think this video is an embarrassment to Dallas.
^^Now that's an insult to Waco. Just kidding.

Seriously, this is a free country and if folks in South Dallas want to still rock jheri curls, shags and gold teeth and wear linen suits with gator skin shoes in multiple colors, so be it. I'll exercise my right to clown y'all and think y'all look like some Bamas and a fashion man-down, code 10 situation (No Frankie, LOL).

I hate to say this, but though the show Cheaters may be a bad representation of Dallas, the way the people talk, dress and act in Dallas are pretty well represented on that show.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
Thats a lie. Waco and Dallas have a strong bond; especially within the black community. We sound and act just alike. Some Dallasites will call us country, but they have NO room to talk down on us when they act the same. When I first came down to Houston; lots of Houstonians assumed I was from Dallas because of my accent. Even these two chicks from Fort Worth and a girl from Dallas though so.

You go to East Waco; you will feel like your in South Dallas.
North Houston can be country too. I've done volunteer work in
Acres Homes and a school district in NE Houston. They have no room whatsoever to talk about how country folks in Dallas are, LOL.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:51 PM

3,424 posts, read 3,366,138 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
North Houston can be country too. I've done volunteer work in
Acres Homes and a school district in NE Houston. They have no room whatsoever to talk about how country folks in Dallas are, LOL.

None

Old 01-23-2010, 09:53 PM

199 posts, read 235,998 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jluke65780 View Post
I don't see country as a bad thing. However, blacks in Dallas are more country than blacks from other major southern cities. Even people have commented that black people in the much smaller Waco dress better than blacks in Dallas. [True Story]

I'm country myself and enjoy hanging out much more with the blacks in Dallas than Houston because they are more laid-back and fun.
LOL! Well country isnt a bad thing... I would be remiss if I denied my southern country roots...

Old 01-23-2010, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dytdude View Post
LOL! Well country isnt a bad thing... I would be remiss if I denied my southern country roots...
Exactly. People throw out the word country here like it's an insult.

Old 01-23-2010, 09:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by solytaire View Post
None
NONE. Whatsoever.

Whenever I see Beyonce on TV and hear her talk, I just say, "well, you can take the gal outta Houston..." I love her to death and even almost pulled a muscle trying to dance to "Single Ladies," but she "sho'll" talks country, LOL.

Old 01-23-2010, 10:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overcooked_Oatmeal View Post
NONE.

Whenever I see Beyonce on TV and hear her talk, I just say, "well, you can take the gal outta Houston..."
Please stop LOL

I was watching obsessed and I was thinking "Why do she sound like a slave?". However, she sounded southern; not country. I believe it's a difference between southern and country. Country is in a way a substitute word for ghetto.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.