Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-06-2010, 09:37 PM

9,067 posts, read 15,786,473 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
texas is now a part of the united states. that's what counts

these illegals are hurting tax payers and stealing jobs from american citizens

and fyi, the indians were in texas first. not latinos
i WAS GONNA SAY TE SAME THING ABOUT THE NATIVE AMERICANS.LOL

Old 02-06-2010, 09:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
Isn't that how MOST US cities are? You're not gonna see Bill Gates chilling in Compton or Bankhead or Little Haiti. Sometimes I think people take it waaaaaaay overboard. You can easily find that same segregation in NYC.
Never said it was not true elsewhere.Some places it is more obvious than others,The stats actually support the argument.

Old 02-06-2010, 09:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
RIght so I dont really understand the big deal behind race regardless if a city is all hispanic white black etc... It dont make no city better than the other...LOOk at the Japanese and chinese do you think they care if there countries are filled with people from other places?? The probably dont... There still living life. I wonder if people from Europe and Africa have these kinda tedious debates about who is more diverse... This black arguement and My city is better because We got thousands of people who arent american . What many people dont realize is they are coming over here taken advantage of the things we take for granite They dont come over here worrying about How many black and white americans are in the state.. They really only move where there race is Dominate.:smack :
Actually.Trust me they care a lot.I like and admire all people and cultures.But why would I want my country to change?Why would I want to go visit England and go to a city to hang out with a whole bunch of "expat" Americans?Also,remember America was not America to the Native Americans who lived here.War and Violence is not the only way you can take over a country.

I believe in diversity,I truly think it can be something to make people stronger.However diversity does not mean overwhelming a place by replacing it with a NEW culture or identity.Everywhere in the world you see the same patterns.There is usually not a problem with diversity until the pub around the corner in a London neighborhood has been replaced with a Mosque.Nor is it good that a young Arab woman who lives in predominately white neighborhood cannot wear her head scarf for religious purposes to school because they think she may be hiding a bomb.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:02 PM

4,435 posts, read 6,296,352 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Why do Atlanta's freeways have more lanes than DFW's freeways?
Less freeways and artery roads. If you are traveling from Lawrenceville into Atlanta you have to take 85. Thus making traffic worse. For instance the Downtown Connector in Atlanta is the only North/South freeway through the city, in Dallas you have two and you also have the Woodall Rogers freeway that runs diagonally between the two between uptown and downtown. It is much easier to move cars out of the city with more options.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiatldal View Post
Can't believe your still trying this,

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q7J6ijujUW0

Atlanta is Not viewed as just a place just for African Americans, and Dallas does get notice for it's large Latino population. There are lots of majority Latino Neighborhoods, majority African American Neighborhoods, and majority white neighborhoods around Dallas just like Atlanta. Do you want me to give you the names of these certain places with specific groups in DFW dude I lived 1/3 of my life out in the DFW area I know this. Dallas like Atlanta has a history of white flight, and ethnic enclaves that develop around DFW again just like Atlanta.

When I want to Lamar high school for 3 years in Arlington TX, the mornings went like this and the kids used to joke about this too. As soon as you got off the bus before you went into the school, was one of the areas that was majority Latino I taking about at least a hundred kids no exaggeration. As soon as you open the door and go inside your in this large hallway near the main gym the whole hallway was majority black, but if you go near the hallways of the practice gyms and the auditorium the majority of the kids were white. but other than schools I been to churches, malls, clubs, bars and etc that were clearly specific groups at certain places an it's just as common in Dallas-FT Worth as it is Atlanta. Dallas has less cultural and social offerings geared specifically toward blacks and Atlanta has less cultural and social offerings geared specifically toward Latinos, that dosen't gives Dallas any more or any less offerings cross racial lines. It's means demographics are different between Dallas and Atlanta.

1. You said Atlanta is ghetto, I ask you what is your definition of ghetto? and still no response 2. Then you literally generalize African Americans as racist in Atlanta which is painting a group of people as evil but you don’t see nothing wrong with that? 1.6 million people 99% of which you will never meet, so even if you did run into a black racist that statement will still be beyond ridiculous to make 3. Your trying paint Atlanta as extra segregate than use Dallas an example of a place that not? what? This is why Atlantans are jumping on you.
No, I actually agree with you. Everywhere in the world has forms of segregation that just how humans and animals are. But I guess what irks me about Atlanta is the promotion as a "Black City". The point I was making is Dallas doesnt say its a "Latino City" which creates a more inviting environment for all races. If you dont live in Atlanta and you hear "Atlantas a black city" how open and accepting of an image does that make it seem to other races? I just find that to be racist. What if Portland, Oregon was cool because its a "White City" I would find that offensive as well.

Old 02-06-2010, 10:36 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times
For you guys who live in DFW, any news on GloryPark in Arlington.

Old 02-06-2010, 11:15 PM

631 posts, read 1,227,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
No, I actually agree with you. Everywhere in the world has forms of segregation that just how humans and animals are. But I guess what irks me about Atlanta is the promotion as a "Black City". The point I was making is Dallas doesnt say its a "Latino City" which creates a more inviting environment for all races. If you dont live in Atlanta and you hear "Atlantas a black city" how open and accepting of an image does that make it seem to other races? I just find that to be racist. What if Portland, Oregon was cool because its a "White City" I would find that offensive as well.
'

Thats doesnt make anything seems racist and it sure has not change or keep people from moving into Atlanta and the Atlanta Metro Thats not black.. So please just let that go. We didnt know it bothered you that much... Its mostly people who promote Atlanta like Rappers Media(BET) its not the city of Atlanta saying this is a black city no one else can move in.... We have explained over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over andover again.... Why people call it black city and black Mecca. DC had the samething going on when it was always referred to as Chocolate City.. but that kinda died down..... Now you in Dallas now so it should not bother you or Irk you whats going on here..

Old 02-06-2010, 11:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
'

Thats doesnt make anything seems racist and it sure has not change or keep people from moving into Atlanta and the Atlanta Metro Thats not black.. So please just let that go. We didnt know it bothered you that much... Its mostly people who promote Atlanta like Rappers Media(BET) its not the city of Atlanta saying this is a black city no one else can move in.... We have explained over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over andover again.... Why people call it black city and black Mecca. DC had the samething going on when it was always referred to as Chocolate City.. but that kinda died down..... Now you in Dallas now so it should not bother you or Irk you whats going on here..
Thats true.
Next subject. hehe

Old 02-06-2010, 11:27 PM

12,735 posts, read 21,767,122 times

Old 02-06-2010, 11:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
Cancelled... so how about that NBA Allstar game.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City