Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-07-2010, 10:50 AM

9,067 posts, read 15,794,327 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
...and nowhere does it say that ATLANTA IS PROMOTING IT SELF TOWARDS BLACKS, ATLANTA IS PUSHING THE BLACK MECCA DOWN PEOPLES THROAT.

Every comment that I've seen from a Texas poster refers to people outside Atlanta seeing it that way, or that it's portrayed on television/radio that way.
What part of that do you not get? Won't the 3-4 (it's always the same group) of you let the defensiveness down for just 30 seconds to read. You all never read, just jump to conclusions, assume or just straight up reword an entire paragraph. Then have the nerve to think C-D is out to get you all. No, beacoup people just get tired of dealing with it. Even Atlanta posters have started seperating themselves from the other Atlanta posters because they don't read/listen.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If you still think that you see this "claim" floating around the thread then just leave it alone.
You can't change a person's opinion about something until they choose to except reality and you definitely can't change it if their opinion is a figment of your imagination. (Actually you can, you just have to realize that it's all in your head).

^after rereading this, I'm quite sure I just waisted my time.
R1070 said this: But I guess what irks me about Atlanta is the promotion as a "Black City". The point I was making is Dallas doesnt say its a "Latino City"
Now does that not imply that Atlanta(powers that be) are doing something that Dallas is NOT doing?
Otherwise why would someone be upset because someone outside the city has this perception that city is not actually itself promoting itself as such?

Old 02-07-2010, 10:51 AM

3,247 posts, read 9,050,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spade View Post
I think it's just time to move on.
Why don't Tyleer Perry and Lil Wayne go back to their hometown of New Orleans and build it up

Old 02-07-2010, 10:55 AM

4,230 posts, read 10,484,556 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
R1070 said this: But I guess what irks me about Atlanta is the promotion as a "Black City". The point I was making is Dallas doesnt say its a "Latino City"
Now does that not imply that Atlanta(powers that be) are doing something that Dallas is NOT doing?
Otherwise why would someone be upset because someone outside the city has this perception that city is not actually itself promoting itself as such?
No, you just implied that you made an assumption/jumped to a conclusion.
He never said who promoted ATL as a black city. Secondly, there are many occasions of Atlantans saying that Atlanta is a black mecca and explaining why in this very thread.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:03 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by imaterry78259 View Post
Why don't Tyleer Perry and Lil Wayne go back to their hometown of New Orleans and build it up
Maybe you should ask them?

I don't think Atlanta is holding them hostage.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:06 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,301,517 times
Thank you WestbankNOLA

I'll say this then I'm done because people just aren't getting it.
The whole reason why I've even brought any of this up was very early on in this thread when folks from each side were stating that Dallas has this and Atlanta has that, it seemed as if Atlanta was ganging up on Dallas for not being a cultural "Black Mecca". Now that Dallas is coming back and saying things against this "Black Mecca" stigma, now its "just BET to who says it and no one else".

As for my impatience for the one sided promotion of any race this is in response to the comment from "overcooked Oatmeal" that Dallas is very racist and closed minded. I was just saying how open minded does Atlanta look if you never hear of any other race other than black. Its a double standard in this country that only whites can be racist. I have been called a racist on here a couple times for this but in actuality its the total opposite. I am more toward all races having an equal voice. It just seems like the overshadowing of the black hype in Atlanta keeps its diversity in the shadows.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:09 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlGreen View Post
ehh. i think i'd pair north park with phipps, and the galleria with lenox

and highland village is supremely higher end, not to mention is a historical landmark. i don't think there's an equivalent of it in atlanta
Well whenever streets of buckhead is finished it will be more highend and ritzy and walkable but not historical...

But there is still Perimeter hall which is semi highend And great trendy stores with bloomies nordies Betsy Johnson stuwart wietzman zara True relegion etc

I think Lenox is a lil more highend and trendy stores than Galleria and northpark has more than phipps

if you compare store directories..

Last edited by RudeBoy21; 02-07-2010 at 11:20 AM..

Old 02-07-2010, 11:11 AM

7,731 posts, read 14,361,576 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by R1070 View Post
Thank you WestbankNOLA

I'll say this then I'm done because people just aren't getting it.
The whole reason why I've even brought any of this up was very early on in this thread when folks from each side were stating that Dallas has this and Atlanta has that, it seemed as if Atlanta was ganging up on Dallas for not being a cultural "Black Mecca". Now that Dallas is coming back and saying things against this "Black Mecca" stigma, now its "just BET to who says it and no one else".

As for my impatience for the one sided promotion of any race this is in response to the comment from "overcooked Oatmeal" that Dallas is very racist and closed minded. I was just saying how open minded does Atlanta look if you never hear of any other race other than black. Its a double standard in this country that only whites can be racist. I have been called a racist on here a couple times for this but in actuality its the total opposite. I am more toward all races having an equal voice. It just seems like the overshadowing of the black hype in Atlanta keeps its diversity in the shadows.
Not so fast playing the misunderstood apologist.

You yourself have described Atlanta several times in this thread as "more ghetto" than Dallas.

You can't have it both ways.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:17 AM

631 posts, read 1,228,044 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
No, you just implied that you made an assumption/jumped to a conclusion.
He never said who promoted ATL as a black city. Secondly, there are many occasions of Atlantans saying that Atlanta is a black mecca and explaining why in this very thread.
I thought you were finished with this discussion about black Mecca

Old 02-07-2010, 11:19 AM

9,221 posts, read 15,952,147 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by afonega1 View Post
You are delusional if you think most people from NYC or LA having never been to either HOU,DAL,ATL or for that matter Birmingham or Charlotte know the difference between any of them.The only difference is that Atlanta is more popular.You cant have the SEC/ACC and one of the top 3 NASCAR and be al things black.Do you people for get that Hip Hop started in NYC.And in those early days of Hip hop NYC was thought of as a "black and Latino" haven.With all its diversity,many people thought NYC was majority black.

All this talk as if Atlanta is only attracting black people more than others is silly,with no factual basis that exist to back up these notions.
Atlanta Metro News*| ajc.com (http://www.ajc.com/metro/content/printedition/2008/08/09/atlcensus.html - broken link)

NCR-2008
First Data
Newell-Rubbermaid
Kia
Just to name a few companies that decided to move to a "black mecca"
That's not even what he was saying.

Old 02-07-2010, 11:21 AM

4,435 posts, read 6,301,517 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnatl View Post
Not so fast playing the misunderstood apologist.

You yourself have described Atlanta several times in this thread as "more ghetto" than Dallas.

You can't have it both ways.
Oh im not apologizing.

And I never said Atlanta wasnt more ghetto than Dallas. You definitely see a lot more crackhead zombies wandering the streets looking for humans to feast upon in the ATL.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City