Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Which city is better?
Dallas 124 48.82%
Atlanta 130 51.18%
Voters: 254. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 11:21 PM

14,256 posts, read 26,923,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by grindin View Post
DFW essentially functions as one metropolitan area, much like Tampa-St Petersburg or Miami-Ft Lauderdale. They are separate major cities in their own right, but due to commuting patterns between Tarrant and Dallas counties, that's one of the reasons why the US Census considers them as one metropolitan area. Ft. Worth-Arlington is a division, not a totally separate MSA. Regarding them As totally separate is a falsehood. They once were classified as separate MSA's well over 40 years ago, but there has been so much develoment between the two in the subsequent years, you cant have one without the other.

DFW is nowhere near as separate as Baltimore-Washington CSA, two cities that slightly farther apart than DFW, but have their own commuing patterns, televison and radio markets, among other things. Sure, there are some things such an airport and a few commuting patterns, but they are way more separate than DFW. I think people are arguing over semantics. DFW is still the largest metro in Texas, regardless.
Exactly, THOSE 2 are 2 completely different cities.

Old 12-19-2009, 11:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMcCoySays View Post
I was speaking generally. It's the same with Houston and Atlanta.

You most certainly can separate them, and I do. Dallas and Fort Worth may be two parts of one metro, but they ARE NOT one. And DALLAS is not bigger than Atlanta or Houston. Period.
You REALLY think the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, is not larger then ATL and Houston? You really think Forth Worth is not in the Dallas metro? Ok, then San Jose is not part of the Bay area, neither is Oakland, And DC and BALT are NOT one CSA.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:26 AM

4,775 posts, read 8,835,591 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestbankNOLA View Post
I give it to the Cowboys. They played a good game that the Saints missed 3/4 of. We might not be Fourteen-Eaux, but Thirteen-One ain't bad. These Saint's played a good season.

GEAUX SAINTS, WHO DAT!
Ware was making your boy Brees eat some dirt that game.

Old 12-20-2009, 12:35 AM

4,843 posts, read 6,097,568 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo89 View Post
You REALLY think the Dallas/Fort Worth Metroplex, is not larger then ATL and Houston? You really think Forth Worth is not in the Dallas metro? Ok, then San Jose is not part of the Bay area, neither is Oakland, And DC and BALT are NOT one CSA.
He trying to point out that Dallas FT Worth Metroplex is Bigger than metro Atlanta and Greater Houston and there no such thing as Dallas metro if there were and you took away FT Worth, Dallas metro would not be larger than Atlanta and Houston areas and people don't give all the credit of the whole bay Area to san francisco there no Metro San Francisco! DC and BALT are not the same MSA again it's Dallas-FT Worth not Dallas.

Old 12-20-2009, 01:49 AM

737 posts, read 1,176,305 times
As I stated earlier the two metro divisions of DFW

Dallas-Plano-Irving Metropolitan Division is estimated at 4,226,003
Fort Worth-Arlington Metropolitan Division is estimated at 2,074,003

Looking at it this way Dallas is not bigger than Atlanta, but it does give Atlanta a run for their money.

Dallas 4.2 Million
Atlanta 5.3 Million

In fact it is pretty impressive that by excluding the Fort Worth area that Dallas would still still be very close to the size of the Greater Boston/Detroit/San Francisco areas

Old 12-20-2009, 02:12 AM

631 posts, read 1,227,500 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by A&M Bulldawg View Post
I don't hate Atlanta. I just hate the way it talks about how good of a city it is and successful one will be if one moves here. It's just a regular city! As far as I'm concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if Atlanta didn't get 100,000+ people this year. Atlanta's economy isn't as stable as DFW.

Yes you do man you have tried in many ways to get people to started by posting statements like this... Its not our fault Atlanta is on the Map and people wanna move here. Why cant you be happy for Atlanta and what it has become as we Atlantians appreciate Dallas for what it is worth. Both are great citys, this has been a nice pleasant forum dont disrupt it with jealous statements. Atlantas economy is not hurting....

Old 12-20-2009, 06:48 AM

7,108 posts, read 8,960,867 times
I hope its not too late to get back on topic. After visiting both areas a lot I would have to choose Dallas.

Both are new cities and are growing. However, Dallas seems cleaner and more organized in its growth. (That's just my opinion from what I've seen).

What really turned me off to Atlanta was my last trip on Marta from the airport to buckhead. I know that atlanta has been labeled as the black mecca because of a large middle class but I've never seen so many guetto loud and ignorant black folks in my life as I saw the last time in atlanta. We won't even discuss downtown around 5 points and the underground. It was embarassing and sickening. (I am black btw). I thought to myself it has to be better than this.

Dallas on the otherhand seem more upbeat and or upwardly mobil for everyone.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdogg817 View Post
Cowboys stadium from East Fort Worth Meadowbrook Dr.

Durango Texas: August 2009
Wow, you can really see it from Fort Worth.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmoses View Post
one word.........History. Atlanta has more history in one city block than Dallas has in the entire city.....Not to mention, Dallas is a city totally in love with herself....the only thing is nobody else cares.
Nobody else matters.

Old 12-20-2009, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by RudeBoy21 View Post
Yeap in miami they seperate the 2 because Ft lauderdale isnt Miami.People that grown up in Ft lauderdale never tell people they are from miami. Ft lauderdale is its own city in broward county. Ft lauderdale is 2 big to say its a suburb. Ft lauderdale actually helps Miami be the metro size it is. im from Miami so I know this for a fact.
Don't forget about West Palm Beach, ABOVE Broward county. I'm originally from West Palm, so I know the area also. The only people that say there from Miami, are people who live in Miami-Dade County.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > General U.S. > City vs. City